The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 1 Week Ago, 07:29 PM
Alfieri
Game Boy Gif Guy

Nature: Modest

Advertise here
What's the point of alt accounts?
I see a lot of users with them. .__.
Old 1 Week Ago, 07:45 PM
Tsutarja

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Defect View Post
Alt accounts have a multitude of purposes. Many users just want a fresh start on PC, or a new name. Some also even use alt accounts for testing purposes as well such as testing themes and/or profile designs.

Those right there are just some of the more common reasons; there are many more reasons as well.

Super Smash Staff Collab
mod pairs family twitter pc social sites
Old 1 Week Ago, 03:48 AM
Adventure

Quote:
Sometimes moderators want to breathe and browse the forums like normal mortals 8) well ok I don't think that's a main reason but it happens. There's not really a point to not allowing alt accounts, as long as you are not creating the illusion of being more than one person.

textbook enigmatic

Old 1 Week Ago, 03:25 AM
DDDchu
Gotta Aqua Jet fast

Nature: Lonely
I got a question about avatars and signature pictures:

Say I want to have my avatar change every time a page is loaded with my post/profile in it. Would that be allowed? But mainly I want to do this with the centered picture in my signature where it displays a pokemon pun text on top and the pokemon gif on the bottom.

If so, how would I go about doing that?
Old 1 Week Ago, 09:37 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Is there a Pokécommunity API? I would like to make a bot for something.

I won't let it post or anything, at most it would send a post comment or PM and only then when requested. So it practically doesn't exist.

Old 1 Week Ago, 09:51 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDchu View Post
I got a question about avatars and signature pictures:

Say I want to have my avatar change every time a page is loaded with my post/profile in it. Would that be allowed? But mainly I want to do this with the centered picture in my signature where it displays a pokemon pun text on top and the pokemon gif on the bottom.

If so, how would I go about doing that?
Only hstaff can do it with avatars. But there are rotating image sites that you can use in your signature, I've done it before. I don't have my code here at work but I think this site works fine. Here's a rotating volcarona image:

Edit: I don't think you can do it with text though so you'd be best off turning the text into an image and combining it with the pokemon sprite and then putting it in the rotator.
PM
Old 1 Week Ago, 02:19 PM
-Yoshi-
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Can you get your supporter status transfered to a different account? Would like to make a new account, due to the inactivity that was on this one, but not sure if it'd be worth it if I can't customize my profile like this. D:

Old 1 Week Ago, 02:26 PM
shenanigans
boom boom boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
Is there a Pokécommunity API? I would like to make a bot for something.

I won't let it post or anything, at most it would send a post comment or PM and only then when requested. So it practically doesn't exist.
We aren't gonna just let you "make a bot for something" - especially not one that's able to privately contact our users. Even if you were to be more descriptive about what such a bot would do I don't see a reason why you'd need to / should have one, so it's probably a no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Yoshi- View Post
Can you get your supporter status transfered to a different account? Would like to make a new account, due to the inactivity that was on this one, but not sure if it'd be worth it if I can't customize my profile like this. D:
PM Rukario to discuss it. Previously, though, I don't think it's been allowed but I've not heard of much related to this for a while, but it's worth checking.

Old 4 Days Ago, 12:52 PM
Alfieri
Game Boy Gif Guy

Nature: Modest
Is there any way to get rid of the Current Activity feature on my profile? I don't like the idea of someone knowing where I am on the site just by going to my profile lol.
Old 4 Days Ago, 12:57 PM
Zekrom
Time to tip the scales!

Quote:
Is there any way to get rid of the Current Activity feature on my profile? I don't like the idea of someone knowing where I am on the site just by going to my profile lol.
The only way to do that as far as I know is to use invisible mode.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here