• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Fireblack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinta77

Warning, this story might be scary or disturbing. It is also completely true, but I couldn't find anywhere else to post it.

You have been warned.

-
-
-

Have any of you ever read that Creepypasta about Pokemon Black version? I never believed it was real when I first heard it, but I'm beginning to reconsider it.

About 2 months ago, my best friend's little brother passed away. It was really hard on his whole family, but the most difficult part for them was no one knew why. I went over to my best friend's house a few days after the service. We were in his little brother's old room going through some of his things when we found a gameboy case. We went through a few games and felt instant nostalgia. Then we found a strange looking copy of Pokemon Firered.

It was a regular grey cartridge with a "drawn on" firered sticker. My best friend laughed. "Haha.. Just like pokemon Black version." It was nice to see him laugh, since he was still distraught from his brother's death. We both laughed for a few moments but then we both stopped. The room got uncomfortably silent and we both looked at each other. We both knew...

This is what killed my best friend's brother.

I was terrified. I never would have thought something so ridiculous could have happened, but now it was right in front of me. However despite the fear, I was incredibly curious.

I put it in my best friend's little brother's game boy, and my friend watched as I played.

It started up normal, but on the title screen, instead of a charizard, it was one of the ghosts from lavender town. I though "oh ♥♥♥♥...". I pressed start, and there was already a saved file. It's name was "Dead".

When I started playing, I was in lavender town. I looked at my party, and I had 4 unowns. D, E, A, D. I was a little less frightened. I thought this is too cliche, it must be a joke. They all had 1 hp left, so I went to the pokemon center.

I talked to the lady in the Pokemon center, but she didn't help me. She said "You must be Dead. I'm sorry. I can't help you." Clever, my character's name is Dead. But that's still really creepy.

But then it went from creepy to eerie. I began talking to some npc in Lavender town. Do you remember the anti-piracy message from Pokemon Firered and Leafgreen? All of the Npc's in Lavender town said this! "By the way: If you like this game, buy it or die."
Buyitordie.png

That was the final straw for me. I left my friends house and I took the cartridge with me. I'm never going to see my friend or his family ever again.

Currently, I'm trying to sell this cartridge on ebay.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Okay, I'm afraid I'm going to lock this.

First of all, this is too short for my tastes. If you take out the pictures, there isn't much text here at all. I like the fics that pop up here to be longer and with a little more effort put into them.

The second reason, and the bigger one, on why I'm closing this is because I don't think this is a true story, and this isn't that well written. Here's a few holes I found in your plot:

This is what killed my best friend's brother.
I don't mean to be a butthole here, but really? You find a weird cartridge and the first thing you assume is that it's a murderer. That sounds really fake to me.

I put it in my best friend's little brother's game boy, and my friend watched as I played.
You're going through your best friend's little brother's stuff. Normally, people show a lot more grief than that. I've read stories of people who refuse to go in the same house as they lived in with their now deceased family member for months, but you say that your friend is going through his brother's stuff just two days after his service? I'm not totally convinced by that.

That was the final straw for me. I left my friends house and I took the cartridge with me. I'm never going to see my friend or his family ever again.
You were there for the grieving process for your best friend. Obviously you two had a really close bond. You find a creepy game, and instead of destroying it and leaving it behind, you decide to leave your best friend forever. Really?

Currently, I'm trying to sell this cartridge on ebay.
This is the one that really set off a bunch of red lights for me. You find an evil cartridge that has supposedly killed at least one person before. Do you destroy it? How about send it off to scientists? Do you at least hide it so no one else will find it? No, you sell it on Ebay for a couple bucks. No. This has fake written all over it.

This looks more like a troll fic to me. Troll fics are allowed here, as some of them are really well written and there's a certain art to it, but this doesn't cut it. If your best friend's brother really did die, I'm really sorry. No one should have to endure that kind of pain, and I can't even imagine what's going through his mind. If this whole story is made up, don't try to pass it off as a real one. It's extremely disrespectful.

Therefore, I'm going to close this fic due to lack of quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back