• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Black Amber

Status
Not open for further replies.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024

Pokemon Black Amber

(Hack of Fire Red)

Introduction:
Hi! I'm 5qwerty, an okay spriter with a big will to make an awesome hack. You probably know me from my previous hack: Pokemon Green Tree, which I desperately failed. Well, I'm starting fresh, and hope I can do better.

Back-Story:
Down comes the fall of Team Rocket and everyone is happy, except Team Rocket, of course. Everyone thought the real Hero was Red, who later defeated the Kanto Pokemon League, but it was actually someone else...your father, Neutorn. He was a former Rocket Executive, but he realized his wrongs and stole the secret Project of Team Rocket; Project Black. He also convinced many Rocket Grunts to do good instead of evil, and then defeated many Grunts as well, which was why TR was brought down so easily by Red. He realized his guilt a little after Blaine did, so he followed Blaine's example. Then many Grunts followed Neutorn's example and quit TR as well. Neutorn then moved to Renzoh, and then started a new life...

The Plan was to capture a newly found legendary; Hypnisos, and use it to broadcast a hypnotic sound-wave through the Radio Tower.​

Story:
20 years later...
Today is a very exciting day! You get to get your very first Pokemon at the age of 15, and actually have a battle! It may not seem like much to the average trainer, but it is an exciting day for you! After a long day, you sleep, only to find you're father is gone the next morning! There is a letter on the desk reading: "Hello. We, the almighty Team Rocket, have captured your father. But don't worry, we won't hurt him. And if you want him back, you'll have to get all of the gym badges of Renzoh to even have a chance of fighting us." And with the will to save your father, you journey on your way to defeat the 8 gyms of Renzoh. But many challenges await you; ranging from Team Rocket, to that loser who started Team Rock-it.​

Spoiler:

Features:

-New Hero/Heroine I guess.
-No new team, still TR, but with a new leader.
-New tiles, and blocks, etc.
-New Region (which, by the way, is Renzoh), I suppose (which means new rivals, leaders, etc.)
-Some Fakemon
-New Music
-Super strong Team Rocket
-Some annoying idiot called JM (initials) who started Team Rock-it
-Fakemon that are pre-evos and evos of previous Pokemon
-Maybe some sinnoh Pokemon
-Maybe new moves/move variations
This list is subject to change.​

Characters:

(Sprites will be sprited and up ASAP)
Togen - The new leader of Team Rocket. He is also your uncle and your father's younger brother. His name arrives from the Japanese word for spike, which is "Toge."

Neutorn - Your father and a former Rocket Executive working in the research department with Togen, Porton, Elektorn, and Adam (who were all executives as well). They were known as the 5-Sci and Neutorn was the strongest. He then repented and started a new life in Renzoh.

One Off Pokemon:
-Pinsir: This is the Pokemon that Team Rocket is trying to capture in Insecto Forest. There will be two Grunts guarding it. They are trying to capture because it is very strong and has spikes... It is at level 14 and knows BITE. (Will learn Crunch and Megahorn)
-Ditto: In a laboratory that is found before your 3rd badge. You just find it and battle it, after you battle the scientist who is doing experiments on it, that is. And it has a new evo now...Found at level 25.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Fakemon:

Spoiler:

Videos:None.

Team:
None.
Okay, just me, and Neo-Wolf, who's not here right now.

Credits:
-GameFreak, for making Pokemon.
-Neo-Wolf for Backstory and Story (with a little touch of 5qwerty)
-All the people who make Hacking Tools (especially Hackmew and Wichu).
-I guess Zel for making Shiny Gold which gave the the concepts of the tiles
-Anyone else I forgot.
-You, the reader, who helps by giving feedback.

Updates:

-December 6th; update on starters.
-December 5th; made new tree tiles and water starter.
-December 2nd; added Fakemon.
-Novemeber 30th; started thread.

Notices:
-I am learning CSS, so expect a new (and better) layout soon (<-Who knows when).
-I keep thinking of putting some feature on, but when I log on, I forget.

Progress:

First Beta:
Spriting: 10%
Inserting: 10%
Scripting: 20%
Mapping 15%
Editing: 10%

Downloads:
None yet.

Please post and give me your honest feedback.

Last edited:

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
Years
I like the story :) and the tree tiles :)
I dont like the buildings tho, to much dithering, and not that many parts of the building,mapping is ok, but in some of the screens it is quite poor.. if you want i could help with some of the mapping and building tiles, for proof look at my tile thread.. but if you wanna do this hack alone i understand.. :)

5qwerty

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
No it isn't, the tiles are similar to the ones seen in ShinyGold. I didn't edit either, I sprited in a similar fashion.

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
Just curious 5qwerty: do you have any Sprites that you can show us?

5qwerty

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Yes I do indeed, wait a bit for me to upload.
And any opinions?

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
Yes I do indeed, wait a bit for me to upload.
And any opinions?

Pretty good, even though there isn't much to go on. The story itself is a refreshing look at the downfall of Team Rocket. Every TR game I have seen revolves around Red doing his thing. It'd still be nice to know a little more about it. Maybe some descriptions of the Main Cast BESIDES the Rockets, like the Rival? Or even if it's just supporting characters that help you throughout the game. I know it's a little early for these kinds of questions, but I'm not the kinda person who likes just the main plot. I like little Easter Eggs now and again. I like Sub-Plots. They add depth to the story.

5qwerty

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Pretty good, even though there isn't much to go on. The story itself is a refreshing look at the downfall of Team Rocket. Every TR game I have seen revolves around Red doing his thing. It'd still be nice to know a little more about it. Maybe some descriptions of the Main Cast BESIDES the Rockets, like the Rival? Or even if it's just supporting characters that help you throughout the game. I know it's a little early for these kinds of questions, but I'm not the kinda person who likes just the main plot. I like little Easter Eggs now and again. I like Sub-Plots. They add depth to the story.
Well thanks for your honest opinions, I really appreciate it.
And your rival just does his own thing...I think (To a certain point, of course).
Well, I haven't thought about the rival yet.
And just another thing, the Rockets are strong and everywhere.

5qwerty

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Updated CSS, and added some other stuff.
BUMP.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
Years
I like the story :) and the tree tiles :)
I dont like the buildings tho, to much dithering, and not that many parts of the building,mapping is ok, but in some of the screens it is quite poor.. if you want i could help with some of the mapping and building tiles, for proof look at my tile thread.. but if you wanna do this hack alone i understand.. :)
So.. taking up my offer?
or not?
Gonna Answer me or What man?!?!!?!?
Please, tell me?

CRaTeR

Emperor of Aragon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 21, 2015
The storyline really doesn't make any sense.
First of all, what's up with the father's name? Neutorn? That doesn't even seem remotely like a real name.

Anyway, onto the story.
Why did the father suddenly realize what he was doing was wrong? How did he manage to convince Rocket Grunts to cease committing crimes? A little information on this subject would be nice.

Secondly, why does the player need to collect eight gym badges just to face Team Rocket? Surely they're not just waiting for the player to receive eight gym badges and then try to take him out. Wouldn't they rather offer a ransom, some bit of money, or the original plans that the father stole from the them? Perhaps they give you a certain window of time in which to make the payment, giving you just enough time to journey the land in search of your father, all the while training a team of fighters to take them out.

Hypnisos isn't a very good name, either. You just swapped two letters in Hypnosis. You should put more effort into the names of the fakemon and make sure that they fit the design.

Cactle looks very similar to Turtwig, and neither Cactle nor Pirooo seem to be in style with the rest of the sprites. How exactly do you pronounce the three o's in Pirooo, anyway?

5qwerty

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
The storyline really doesn't make any sense.
First of all, what's up with the father's name? Neutorn? That doesn't even seem remotely like a real name.

Anyway, onto the story.
Why did the father suddenly realize what he was doing was wrong? How did he manage to convince Rocket Grunts to cease committing crimes? A little information on this subject would be nice.

Secondly, why does the player need to collect eight gym badges just to face Team Rocket? Surely they're not just waiting for the player to receive eight gym badges and then try to take him out. Wouldn't they rather offer a ransom, some bit of money, or the original plans that the father stole from the them? Perhaps they give you a certain window of time in which to make the payment, giving you just enough time to journey the land in search of your father, all the while training a team of fighters to take them out.

Hypnisos isn't a very good name, either. You just swapped two letters in Hypnosis. You should put more effort into the names of the fakemon and make sure that they fit the design.

Cactle looks very similar to Turtwig, and neither Cactle nor Pirooo seem to be in style with the rest of the sprites. How exactly do you pronounce the three o's in Pirooo, anyway?
1. Yeah, okay, I'll add.
2. Their keeping you busy for classified reasons. But I will tell you this; you obviously cannot defeat the leader (or for that fact, an average grunt) because you are too weak. And they're really hard, so it'll be hard to beat the Executives even after you have all eight badges.
3. They're WIPs. And I didn't really focus on Hypnisos.

Lastly, I thank you for sharing your honest opinion, and I also thank you because you pointed out something I need to change.

Gonna Answer me or What man?!?!!?!?
Please, tell me?
Codec, I appreciate your offer, but I'll do this by myself because I don't want to lay a burden on anyone. And I'm not rushing to get this finished fast.

5qwerty

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Okay, thanks. Neo-Wolf came up with that, so you give him credit.

Last edited:

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
Years
Codec, I appreciate your offer, but I'll do this by myself because I don't want to lay a burden on anyone. And I'm not rushing to get this finished fast.
Oh.. ok - although it wouldnt be a burden - I make about 3 tiles a day anyway..

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Well, I've seen a few hacks where the evil team steals your
dad, but everthing else is good.

5qwerty

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Thanks for the support guys, I really appreciate it.
I'll be adding some new features.

Looks nice. Looks better than Green Tree if you ask me
because it has better tiles.

What's this Team Rock-it thingy?
Is it a new Team?

Team Rock-It is sorta like a concert band name, except that the leader is sorta like Barry, and occasionally stalks you and battles you. His initials are JM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back