• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Yeah, most likely it was the internal battery drying up. I mean, they're over 10 years old and if you hadn't played them for 5 years, they're just sitting there running down battery. They could've been erased a day after you stopped playing them, or a day before you checked them.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Yeah, most likely it was the internal battery drying up. I mean, they're over 10 years old and if you hadn't played them for 5 years, they're just sitting there running down battery. They could've been erased a day after you stopped playing them, or a day before you checked them.

I thought as much. How much is that gonna cost me to replace all 4 of their batteries? :(

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
Game: Leaf Green

Elite Four: Beaten

I have got 60 Pokemon and now what to get a Pichu. How do I do that? I don't have a rainbow pass and can't get to Island four an am like going a little crazy trying to find out how to do it.

Any help is welcomed with open arms! Thanks!

I am a newbe so please go slow.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Just breed two Pikachu. That should result in Pichu. No crazy item combos like in later gens, haha. And for the Rainbow Pass, you'll need to speak with Celio to get it. That also starts your quest for the Sapphire and Ruby to trade with...well, Ruby and Sapphire. And Emerald, of course.

Also, I've told you this before, but please, when you have a question for a game of a specific generation, this being Advance Generation, you need to ask in that section's Q&A thread. I'm going to delete your post as spam next time.

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2013
Pokemon EV

So these are complete noob questions about training pokemon ev values. I want to practice doing it for pokemon X and Y and never done it before since I'm used to pokemon Gen 1 and 2. I read alot of forums and guides, so I'm aware of basic stuff so these are questions I feel I still don't quite understand.

1. If two pokemon battle the same foe pokemon does the pokemon who beat the foe only get the ev point?

2. I've read a lot of people say they train pokemon for ev after the in-game story is done. Does this mean they train a set of 6 new pokemon? because all the trainer and gym battles give ev points so to do afterwards would seem pointless since the pokemon have been getting ev already.

3. I've been practicing ev training already, but I don't see the effects happening... For example I'll have my lillipup battle 8 patrats that means I should have two extra atk stats when it level ups since 4evs = +1, but when it levels up it's atk stat is still only going up by one so I'm confused on when the effects of ev training actually apply and it's nature is adamant

I know it's alot, but if you can help I'll really appreciate it. Thanks!

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

1. Both get it, as long as they "showed up" in the battle; If someone holds an Exp. Share, he will also gain all EVs regardless of sending him into battle.

So, for instance, you have two Lillipups you'd wanna train for the ATTACK stat -- by killing patrats. You can both interchange them during the same battle so that both gain EVs on that one pokemon -- halving your training time. Now you have a Pikachu holding an EXP share, whether he participated in battle or not, he still gains that 1 attack EV from Patrat.

(this example does not count pokerus/EV boosting calculations; for that matter, it varies individually)

-----

2. EV training is like training for better stats. You don't really have to start with new pokemon, but you would most likely do because your current pokemon already have messed-up EVs. Also, they/you might be targeting for a beneficial nature, which makes starting over (breeding for a fresh, new poke) more likely to happen.

Doing the EV training post-game also allows access to any area. This makes it easier to find a perfect spot for your EV training.

-----

3. It doesn't happen immediately. Just keep count and make sure you're not losing track. It all adds up once you reach the final level. An explanation would be: your lillipup might not have actually gained an attack stat (naturally) at that level, and that 1 point was most likely from the EVs you've gained.

Unless you really train for more EVs, you won't notice big changes.

tip: EV training could be easier if you find/trade for a pokemon with Pokerus, too. Same goes with macho brace... I forgot about the individual items, but those were better than macho braces... try googling EV items. They reduce 252 pokemon -> 24 pokemon if you're doing things right.

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Actually, Exp. Share DOES pass EVs along with the experience. So you could backseat EV train something weak no problem. It's far faster if you use a power item though.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Actually, Exp. Share DOES pass EVs along with the experience. So you could backseat EV train something weak no problem. It's far faster if you use a power item though.
Oh, it seems you're right.

fixed. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 23, 2016
i got a problem, my black 2 will connect to my home, but my my diamond and soul silver game will not connect.

any suggestions

Years
I imagine you have WPA network security like the majority of the world. Unfortunately the original DS only allows archaic network encryption so you have to change your internet network settings to allow your Gen IV games to connect. Black 2 has DSi capabilities so it can connect with WPA security.

If that isn't the problem then I really have no idea, but usually that is the problem.

Years
Sorry for the late response, I've only just checked back.

Hopefully you've solved it by now, but if not then you need to find out how to access your network settings. Unfortunately the way to access these largely differs depending on your network provider so I can't really help beyond that.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Are there any Pokémon games for laptops?

I have been wondering about it and wanting to know if there is or not. I use my laptop every day so I would like to occupy my free time with something Pokémon-related to play with on my laptop.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Please remember to use the Q&A thread. I've merged quite a few of your threads with it in the past, so please remember that it's there. :)

Anyway, the only Pokemon computer game I know of is Pokemon Play-It! which is basically TCGO before we even had TCGO. It's pretty fun! But because it's really old, I don't think it would work on your computer now, unless you download a CD-ROM emulator to play. Pokemon Play-It! 2 is actually the better one that you'd want. It's old cards, but this one has more decks to choose from than the first and you can build your own.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sorry, this thread is for help with Pokemon games, not really for finding a site you can play them. You could always download an emulator, but you'll have to Google one, as well as ROMs for it.

JesterLegacy

Random Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 4, 2013
Regarding EV Training

Do my Pokemon need to be at level 100 in order to be able to get fully EV trained? or can it be fully EV trained at any level?

For example, can a level 58 Mawile get the maximum EV for its stats? Or are there limitations of the EV it can gain due to its level?

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Do my Pokemon need to be at level 100 in order to be able to get fully EV trained? or can it be fully EV trained at any level?

For example, can a level 58 Mawile get the maximum EV for its stats? Or are there limitations of the EV it can gain due to its level?
depends on what GEN you're talking about. Actually, check this link. It may already explain everything you wanna know.

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 23, 2016
@nuke

i got the clear internet service provider and when we got it all we had to do was plug in the router(nothing to install for router) and we got internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back