• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Okay so I was browsing bulbapedia and found this backsprite in firered of exeggcutor:
Spr_b_3r_103.png

In my game of firered though, this is the backsprite (attached image)
Does anyone know how this is possible/why? :O

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Okay so I was browsing bulbapedia and found this backsprite in firered of exeggcutor:
Spr_b_3r_103.png

In my game of firered though, this is the backsprite (attached image)
Does anyone know how this is possible/why? :O

The sprite on Bulbapedia is Exeggutor's R/S/E sprite. Exeggutor has different back sprites between R/S/E and FR/LG.

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
Years
question about Breeding in the 3rd Gen. im very experienced in Breeding in the 4th gen. but i have been playing on 3rd Gen Leafgreen. the Breeding seems to be alot more difficult, or maybe Random is the word.

i was trying to Breed a Male Adamant Slowpoke. both Parents were Adament, Adamant Ditto and a Female Adamant Slowpoke. after filling 3 boxes ((90 slowpokes)) i only ended up with 2 Adamant Slowpokes and both were Female. no males !

i was even trying to use Hold items like an Everstone to better the chance of Transfering the Nature.

is Breeding in 3rd Gen more difficult or any Different from Breeding in the 4th gen ?

if someone could drop me a Link to which hold items effect breeding it would be much appreciated. thanx ^_^

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Emerald breeding additions: http://serebii.net/emerald/breed.shtml

I don't think much changed in this aspect from gen III to IV, however. There's no way, as far as I know, to breed for a certain gender, though there is the Everstone trick for specific natures.

Diamond/Pearl's breeding additions: http://serebii.net/diamondpearl/breed.shtml

It states that the Emerald additions were left the same. The gender ratio of Slowpoke is 50:50 so I guess just keep trying, since everything else you're doing seems to be fine. You should eventually get a male. The gender ratio is just not falling into your favor I suppose, haha.

Years
Sooooo I'm getting ruby in mail this week and I'm making a premade team and I need some recommendations on how should my team look like before E4
I aready know some pokemons I'm getting
Blaziken:
-dunno moves need recommendations

Absol:
-aerial ace
-shadow ball
-sword dance
-recommendation

Gardevoire:
-thunderbolt
-psyhic
-calm mind?

Salamence:
-fly
-dragon claw

And I dont know what else I should get and please tell me what moves should I teach my pokemons

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Your Final Team should be:

Blaziken

Blaze Kick
Sky Uppercut/Brick Break
Earthquake
Slash

Gardevior

Psychic
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Reflect/Light Screen

Absol

Aerial Ace
Shadow Ball
Sword Dance
Bite/Faint Attack/Double Edge
(Note you get Faint Attack and Double Edge by breeding)

Salamence

Fly
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Crunch/Iron Tail/Dragon Dance
(You get Dragon Dance by breeding)

Manectric

Thunder
Rain Dance
Bite
Return

Tentacruel

Surf
Toxic/ Double Team
Sludge Bomb
Ice Beam

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
If there's anyone who can actually translate Japanese that would be cool, haha. I can read Hiragana, but, can't translate it. Katakana is really easy though, but, this is all Hiragana. It's the Old Man's dialogue as he's passed out from being drunk. I'm trying to find out what it says exactly so I have an accurate translation rather than the coffee excuse from the usual English Kanto games.

うい–っ! ひっく... まちやがれ
わしの はなしを きけ!

... こら!
いくな! と いっとろ–が!

Uiiii! Hikku... Machiyagare
Washi no hanashi wo kike!

...Kora!
Ikuna! To ittorouga!

--------------------------

So, since the word 'washi' is in there it has to do with an eagle.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
If there's anyone who can actually translate Japanese that would be cool, haha. I can read Hiragana, but, can't translate it. Katakana is really easy though, but, this is all Hiragana. It's the Old Man's dialogue as he's passed out from being drunk. I'm trying to find out what it says exactly so I have an accurate translation rather than the coffee excuse from the usual English Kanto games.

うい–っ! ひっく... まちやがれ
わしの はなしを きけ!

... こら!
いくな! と いっとろ–が!

Uiiii! Hikku... Machiyagare
Washi no hanashi wo kike!

...Kora!
Ikuna! To ittorouga!

--------------------------

So, since the word 'washi' is in there it has to do with an eagle.

Although I can't give you an exact translation, I believe that he cannot move because he had passed out from being drunk.

Years
also I'm trying to create good team that I'm going to use in firered and I need some suggestions. I know I will use:
bulbasaur
nidoking
jolteon
lapras
arcanine
but Idk what last pokemon should be

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Perhaps a good Psychic type like Alakazam. If you can't trade to evolve Kadabra, Jynx or Mr. Mime are also decent. Hypno is okay, but the former two are better imo.

Years
A flying type is always helpful (for flying and type-wise) so you could use Fearow, Pidgeot or Dodrio (they're all pretty good) if you want to use an interesting pokemon, you could try using Butterfree, it learns some helpful psychic type moves early on, and sleep powder + compound eyes + dream eater is a fun combo.

Although, your team COULD also benefit from a special defensive poke/fighting type, so Hitmonchan would be a good team member. Or you could go for a psychic type like Sydian suggested.

Hypno is okay, but the former two are better imo.
You must be using some baaaaaad Hypnos! My hypno rocked!!! :P

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
You could have a shot at flying n_n. If you're looking for a bird that's bulky but still pretty offensive,you can try Pidgeot. Or if you're someone who wants a Pokemon offensive and speedy,Fearow or Dodrio would help you out.

If you can trade Alakazam is beastly, it will help out in tough situations and is really diverse.Gengar wouldn't be a bad choice either if you can trade.

Years
also I'm trying to create good team that I'm going to use in firered and I need some suggestions. I know I will use:
bulbasaur
nidoking
jolteon
lapras
arcanine
but Idk what last pokemon should be

I'd agree with the posters before me and go for a Flying or Psychic-type so you can deal with Fighting-types.

Fearow and Pidgeot have sufficient Attack and Speed stats, and both are found early on.

Alakazam is a good choice for Psychic but if you can't trade, try Mr. Mime.

Years
thanks for your suggestions guys
and I'm not getting kadabra because I can't trade to evolve it and I'm planning to teach lapras psyhic anyways (in my leafgreen run my kadabra was useless against E4 and lapras rocked with that psyhic). Maybe I'm getting a fearow or something ...

TRiGa

Eeveelutions Rule
Years
I like this good type coverage of Return, Shadow Ball, Brick Break and Earthquake/Aerial Ace. This will help a lot against the E4. To bad there is no other Ghost type moves available. Vigoroth Sp. Atk and Sp. Def is its lowest stats.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Although I can't give you an exact translation, I believe that he cannot move because he had passed out from being drunk.
It's all fine. I went and checked through a bunch of different translations, took what made sense and went with it. I even refered to the shoddy Green translation since that was one of the only 'okay' translations they did. So, combining with my limited Japanese knowledge, and a bunch of translations. I came up with a decent adaptation. I originally asked since I wanted to put it in the FireRed hack I've been doing, a Challenge mode, HG/SS-esque style remake and making touch-ups on stuff. Even went and de-capitalized most of the game already. But, yes you're correct. He was very belligerent, haha.

Years
I like this good type coverage of Return, Shadow Ball, Brick Break and Earthquake/Aerial Ace. This will help a lot against the E4. To bad there is no other Ghost type moves available. Vigoroth Sp. Atk and Sp. Def is its lowest stats.

Well shadow ball shouldn't be a problem then! :D All ghost type moves were physical up to generation 4, so you're all good on that front. How would Special defense factor in to using shadow ball, might I ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back