• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Hidden Mythology [T] [OOC/SU]

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
The Hidden Mythology: A Sinnoh Tale [T] [OOC/SU]

The Hidden Mythology: A Sinnoh Tale
A Pokemon Journey Roleplay || Rated [T]
No spot Available
IC Thread Here

Story:
Three Pokémon there were.
Into the lakes they dove.
Deep, deep, drawing no breath.
Deeper, deeper they dove.

Five years had passed since the Team Galactic Incident wherein Cyrus failed to gain control of the lords of time and space. With the help of an unknown hero, their plans were quickly foiled, imminent war between the Pokemon and human avoided. For five years, the region has thrived again under the leadership of the Pokemon Champion Cynthia. Relations between other regions were improved, ambassadors being sent from each of them to represent their homeland. The number of trainers reached its peak and the community was growing. Sinnoh was once again the leading region in the world in terms of culture and economy, a feat admired by the other regions. Sinnoh is once again the ideal region, an image Cynthia and her Elite Four strived hard to achieve once again.

Little did they know, another prophecy is beginning to take place. The prophecy, chronicled by the great psychic Nostradamus a hundred years past, talks about the awakening of the slumbering spirits. It is heralded by a disturbance in the "very basic component of the fabric of the space-time" and signalled by "an explosion so great it will tear the world apart." The prophecy, hidden among the thousand ruins dotting the region sits undisturbed, waiting for the right moment for it to wake up.

Introduction:
Long ago, when Sinnoh had just been made,
Pokémon and humans led separate lives.
That is not to say they did not help each other.
No, indeed they did.

Spoiler:

This roleplay is set in the Sinnoh region, five years after Cyrus' plan to dominate the world. Very little varied from the setting of DPPt, except the promotion of several gym leaders, retirement of several prominent people, and the rise of new faces.

Geographically speaking, for those not familiar with the Sinnoh geography, the region is divided by Mt. Coronet into two parts: Western and Eastern Sinnoh, although several scholars consider Upper Sinnoh, comprising of Snowpoint and the Battle Area, another part of Sinnoh. But, simplicity for simplicity's sake, we stick with the Western and Eastern divisions, with Snowpoint lying smack in the middle of the division line. Western Sinnoh is the less populated part. Most of the part of this region is composed of forests, rivers, the opening to the great Ocean. The Eastern part has the more percentage of population as most of the densely-populated cities, like Hearthome and Sunyshore is here. Mt. Coronet is the highest mountain in the region and is still debated over if it is the highest mountain in the world. One thing is for sure, the mountain is so big it has three different weather conditions going all over it: snow, tropical, and rain.

Also, for a variety of reason, the inclusion of Pokemon from other region is allowable in here. Due to trade with the other regions, several trainers also come in all the time, introducing new species into the wild. Breeding and natural selection patterns caused Sinnoh's ecological diversity to bloom, bring the number of Pokemon species in the region to be more than 300.

The Trainer:
There once were Pokémon that
became very close to humans.
There once were humans and Pokémon
that ate together at the same table.
It was a time when there existed no
differences to distinguish the two.

You are one of the hundred trainers that are starting their Pokemon journey. The local professor in Twinleaf Town, Professor Fir, asks for local starting local trainers' help for his research: Pokemon mythology. He will have you choose a starter Pokemon (a tough choice among seven options) and send you out in the Sinnoh region. Your goal: to write a complete and exhaustive paper regarding the mythology of Sinnoh. Throughout your journey, you will be able to unlock several information that may help you in your quest.

Well, it's just one thing you can do. You can totally disregard Fir's request and use the opportunity to gain the gym badges (it will be a hard road) or follow whatever dream you have upon yourself. It's just a request after all; you're still free to be whatever you wanted to be. Be a breeder, a collector, or whatever. The choice is up to you.

However, no matter what you choose to be, the prophecy will still wake, plunging you into paths you never imagined to take. Once the prophecy is set forth into motion, you will be helpless to counter the winds it brings with it. [This means that, we may not seem to follow a storyline at first but there will come a part when the prophecy is everything the roleplay is revolving around.]

I will not be making a character of my own, although I will be controlling several NPC's you meet along the way. I will also oversee all happenings and try to regulate it as much as possible. Remember, this is a sandbox-style RP with a few chapters that I will throw in occasionally for you to advance into the storyline.

The Pokemon:

There are seven starters available, although I may open up three more if this seems popular. Note: Moving means "Taken" or "Reserved." Hover for more info.

387.gif
390.gif
393.gif
447.gif
403.gif
449.gif
431.gif
427.gif
418.gif

The Rules:
Betray not your anger, lest ??? will come.
Weep not with sorrow, or ??? will draw near.
When joy and enjoyment come natural as the very air, that is happiness.
Let such be blessed by the hand of Master ???
-Those words were spoken often as customary.-

1. Follow all existing PC and Roleplay Corner Rules
2. No godmodding!
3. Let us know if you will be inactive. Being inactive means you give other players permission to bunny you. AWOL means you're absent for two weeks without prior notice and we're free to kick you out of the RP.
4. This is a Rated [T] Roleplay. Let's keep it that way.
5. Please post at least once a week. This is not a heavy RP but I must require at least one post per week from you guys.
6. Captures are decided by the GM. Leave the ball rocking at the end of the post. A capture depends on the quality of the post.
7. Interaction among players are welcome, although it is highly advised to keep battle posts between players in a joint post. Work battles out through this thread or, better yet, through VMs or PMs.
8. Evolution is left to the discretion of the GM. I will let you know if a Pokemon has a good enough reason to evolve.
9. Levels and moves are left to the discretion of the GM. All moves could be acquired in the game through TMs.
10. Chapters only serve as a guide posts although I also strongly advise to follow the story so far. No sense if you never leave Twinleaf Town.
11. Six Pokemon can be carried at a time. Boxes and Daycares exists for extra luggage.
12. Reservations last for 24-48 hours. After that, the Pokemon is up for grabs again.
13. Requests may be voiced out. Go ask me things.

Sign-Up Sheet:
A young man, callow and foolish in
innocence, came to own a sword.
With it, he smote Pokémon, which gave
sustenance, with carefree abandon.

I am pretty picky with the SUs, sorry. I only accept high-quality SUs.
Spoiler:

Accepted Characters
In the beginning, there was only
a churning turmoil of chaos.
At the heart of chaos, where all
things became one, appeared an Egg.

447.png
Skymin as Sam "Birdie" O'Brien
Spoiler:

390.png
romdinner as Catherine "Kat" Primrose
Spoiler:

403.png
Pokemagician as Jason Stafford
Spoiler:

387.png
Jegretis as Alex Ganston
Spoiler:

431.png
Strikit as Rexa Viene
Spoiler:

418.png
PJBottomz as Karly Rose
Spoiler:

449.png
~Genevieve~ as Ariadne Davis
Spoiler:

393.png
Kanea as Anthony Ramsay
Spoiler:

427.png
Quicksand as Sadie Hunt
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I've been looking out for a nice journey RP to join for a little now. Sign me up!!

ps im reusing a character from a roleplay that died but i loved him so i didn't get to use him that much *cry*

Spoiler:

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
May I reserve Hippopotas? I also have a question, if you're leaving it mostly sandbox with few chapters, will you still post what Pokemon shall be capturable in will they be left to the players' discretion?

miltankRancher

Years
You're now RESERVED. For your question, I will be posting a list of Pokemon that could be caught per route, although if you want a certain Pokemon to appear, we can talk about it. :)

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
Years
Yay finally a journey Rp that is to my liking! ^^ Please reserve me a spot with Chimchar.

miltankRancher

Years
@romdinner: You're now RESERVED. Yadi yada 48 hours blah blah. :)

@Skymin: I just noticed that sometimes, when a word in your SU ends with "-er," it is always replaced by "-im." Like other turns to othim, neither turns to neithim etc. Especially in the appearance section. :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Just finished my sign up. If there's anything that you want changing, please let me know!

@Skymin: I just noticed that sometimes, when a word in your SU ends with "-er," it is always replaced by "-im." Like other turns to othim, neither turns to neithim etc. Especially in the appearance section. :)
Haha yeah, i know. Birdie's personality was ... a girl but he was a boy... it was MAO, ok. I was trying to change the hers to hims haha. i'm pretty sure i've gone over it again, but i'll have another look for it. I was literally just writing it like 3 seconds ago haha

miltankRancher

Years
Skymin, you're ACCEPTED! No worries. I'm not too picky with spelling and grammar mistakes. (Having English as a second language makes me not that fluent)

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Skymin, you're ACCEPTED! No worries. I'm not too picky with spelling and grammar mistakes. (Having English as a second language makes me not that fluent)
... English is my first language *cries*

That might be a little unclear, i used microsoft word to replace all the hers to hims, so something like "otHER" was changed to "otHIM" haha. I'm a lazy sod. But great to be accepted!! :) Thanks!!

miltankRancher

Years
@Skymin: Yeah, I guessed that's what happened. :) Pretty hard to reuse characters with changing their genders. :) I prefer playing with a single gender. LOL.

@{Swan}: You have less than 24 hours for your SU. After that, it's up for grabs.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
[ Hepualaha'ole Ka'ai ]

Name: Hepualaha'ole Ka'ai

Personality: Hepualaha'ole is generally friendly. She's energetic and bright and has an insatiable curiosity. Her curiosity is so fierce it sometimes takes her over, if something really grabs her she won't rest until she's gotten answers. Other times the curiosity prompts her to become a bit rude in the eyes of other people, asking questions where they might not be proper. Hepuala is already a bit blind to other people's feelings, but when her curiosity kicks in she sees little else than the answers she wants.

With her curiosity also comes a bit of recklessness. She doesn't have the best preservation instinct and often get herself in trouble when something odd grabs her attention. She's stubborn and can act like a dog with a bone, not letting go until she's gotten what she came for.

Hepuala also has a very well-functioning bs-radar. She's clever with a good amount of common sense. Despite her energetic nature she's not a loud person, in fact she'll prefer to stay in the background. Spotlights aren't for her and she often get a little shy when she gets too much attention. She has high mental walls, she generally gets along well with strangers until they try to get too close, after which she turns awkward and retreats.

History: Hepualaha'ole and her family originally came from a tropical island near Hoenn with a rich history. She grew up there with her two dads and lived there for most of her life. She loved the island life and the culture, and she was never very far from the sea. One of her dads Hiwahiwa Ka'ai, was a surfing instructor and taught her all she knew. Hepuala loved surfing and spent most of her free time on the waves. She spent the rest reading about history and ancient cultures both near and far.

Hepuala's childhood dream was to become an archaeologist, spurred on by sensational films and later by the intrigue of history itself. She was one of the rare people whose childhood dream actually transferred into an actual goal for the future. Hepuala decided early on that archaeology was the thing for her.

When she was 13 her dads decided to move away from the island, and Hepuala hated it. Her other dad, Noa, was a nurse and he was offered a job in the Jubilife hospital. It paid a lot better than his job on the island, and they could use the money. They decided to settle in Twinleaf as they figured it would be easier for Hepualaha'ole to settle in a small town. It would only be temporary, they said, only for a two years at most. Four years later they were still living there. Hepuala hated it. First of all, it was cold. There was no sea to surf on, only a meek bit of water without even a beach. And a town as small as Twinleaf doesn't always welcome strangers so easily, especially strangers who looked and acted so differently from them. And teenagers can be horrible people. At school she was mostly known as the weird girl with the long name and two dads, it wasn't easy for her.

When she graduated she had only one thing in mind, to get into the best university in Hoenn and study archaeology. There were two problems though. The first was money. Top universities didn't come cheap. The second was actually getting in. She had very good grades, but getting into top universities was a competitive thing. When Professor Fir declared he needed trainers to help him with his research, Hepualaha'ole saw an opportunity. Good Pokémon trainers earned good money, and if she completed a great essay for Professor Fir he might give her a recommendation for the university. Such a recommendation from a professor in the field had to give her the opportunity to attend. And so, while becoming a trainer had never been her intent, she found herself reading up on it and applying for it. Just for a year. Just for a little while. Just until she had the money and the recommendation. And then her life would truly begin.

Miscellaneous Info:

- Hapualaha'ole likes to put a flowers in her hair, as a bit of a homage to her name, which means rare flower.

- Hepuala has two tattoos, one band around her right arm and twin lines on the outside of her legs, of the same pattern. She got the arm one first, as a homage to her culture. After finding out that it was actually a myth that the ancient islanders had such patterns around their arms, and they were instead found on their legs, she got the ones on her legs as a true homage right before she left the island.

- She made her necklace herself, with Sharpedo teeth that often washed up ashore along with small bits of seashells. She's very proud and fond of it, especially after they left the island. It now serves as a reminder of where she's from.

Starter:
449.gif

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
@{Swan}: You're ACCEPTED! As for the climate, Sinnoh is generally colder than most, as you can see from what the characters in the games are wearing. (Thicker clothes, fur scarves, etc)

Check this clothing out for an example. Try deducing the climate based on what they are wearing. :)

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
And despite the cold weather, the girl still wears no sleeves and a skirt. d: I think maybe the Platinum trainers are a better representation of how cold Sinnoh is. Yet the girl still has no pants on! Poor thing.

Spoiler:

miltankRancher

Years
And despite the cold weather, the girl still wears no sleeves and a skirt. d: I think maybe the Platinum trainers are a better representation of how cold Sinnoh is. Yet the girl still has no pants on! Poor thing.

Spoiler:

The climate setting of Platinum was an abnormal one, if I remember correctly. I think it was because of Giratina and the Distortion world appearing. I was hoping more of the DP settings. IIRC, there was a bunch of snow in Twinleaf town in Pt, and I prefer not having it. LOL.

oh, and I just noticed. @romdinner: Less than 24 hours!

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
I always thought it was weird how the only added snow was in Twinleaf, the southern-most point of western Sinnoh. And yes both of the girls outfits don't seem very cold-proof, but maybe in the Pokémon world supercute clothing is like magically coldproof?

Anyway I updated the image with a more journey-proof design for now, we'll see how it lasts through the adventure (;

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
aw nice!! you drew your character yourself??? I've got some old pictures of birdie but I'll give him another draw just for you guys!!! :)

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
aw nice!! you drew your character yourself??? I've got some old pictures of birdie but I'll give him another draw just for you guys!!! :)

Sure did! It's a re-used older picture, which is why her former design was all Hawaiian, I didn't bother to change it. But at least now she has a design unique to this roleplay, and I can easily change it as the rp goes along C:

Oh please do, I'd love to have a visual reference!

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
Years
Here is my Su. I'll be using a former character as well due to the same reasons as Skymin stated above. However, I've twisted her history a bit to match the current Rp. :)​

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2013
This looks fun, please could I reserve a place with Shinx as my starter please? Will get to work and get my SU up as soon as possible! Thank you!

My SU:

Name: Jason Stafford

Appearance:
Jason is a boy around average height, maybe towards the taller end and is a little on the skinny side. He has a fair complexion with bright blue eyes, just like his mother's were. Jason also has sandy blonde hair that he wears spiked up, with a red headband with a compass in the centre to support his hair.
For this adventure, Jason is wearing a blue letterman's jacket with a globe and lightning bolt logo on the left hand side of it. The jacket s done all the way up to the top and is extremely old and faded. He's also wearing a pair of faded, torn blue jeans, held up by a fairly plain white belt, that is slightly discoloured, with a chain hanging down off it. In regards to footwear, he is wearing a beat-up old pair of red trainers that have clearly seen better days. The only other item Jason has on him is a necklace of his mother's that he keeps in his pocket; it's a beautiful gold chain with a large stone as blue as the sea dangling from it.

Personality: Jason is an incredibly bright person, both academically and in a worldly sense also. He is fairly adaptable to new situations also, due to what happened in his past, he had to be! If someone was to befriend Jason, they would find a loyal companion in him and someone with a burning desire to please and keep them safe from harm. However, Jason is slightly reluctant and shy when encountering new people and can sometimes seem rude due to this, hence why he has very few friends.
He is fascinated by the water and everything to do with it, an intrigue stemming from his mother. He is a person who would much rather go and relax, alone by a river or the sea, than spend time with others. Jason does try to avoid big social events, much preferring a quite scene with a few close friends as he is rather quiet and dislikes big social events quite strongly.

History: Jason was born into a very rich family who lived in a mansion just outside Goldenrod City. It was just him and his parents there and he was incredibly happy when he was a young boy. It is safe to say he was living the high life! He had all the toys he could ask for, had lots of little friends in the area and always excelled at school, making his parents very proud of him. However, one day, when he was 8 years old, disaster struck. His parents were on their way back from a party in the city, when they were involved in a car accident, which killed both of them. Jason was distraught. In the following days, the house was repossessed and his parents fortune vanished without a trace.
Jason, without a penny to his name was sent to stay with his Aunt in Twinleaf Town, the only reminder of his parents, his mother's necklace. Despite her best efforts, his Aunt was poor and struggled to provide for him. Jason struggled at school as very few people talked to him and he was set apart by his lack of social knowledge and his intellect, which the other kids mocked him for. During his teenage years, Jason began getting more adventurous, staying out late and exploring the local areas and getting to know the ways of the world better, learning how it wasn't anything like the idyllic image his parent had made him believe it was. When Jason heard about Professor Fir's invitation to become a Pokémon trainer, a plan started to formulate in his mind. If he became a trainer, he could start earning money from battling other trainers and gym leaders and gain some strong Pokémon to boot. He could start to rebuild his parents lost fortune with the ultimate goal of recovering their original fortune and making his dead parents proud of him once more...

Starter: Shinx

Last edited:
Back