• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Mac! I like Munchy a lot, nice egg moves, you're the leader of the challenge now, lol. (if you know what I mean)

@CrazyMrHans,
You can't get it RNGed in Diamond, sadly. Sandstorm doesn't advance frames, but blocks Sweet Scent, and there's no way to get rid of sand :< get a crappy cacnea from 4th Gen and RNG it in BW.

CrazyMrHans

Drunk and slightly Irish
Years

@CrazyMrHans,
You can't get it RNGed in Diamond, sadly. Sandstorm doesn't advance frames, but blocks Sweet Scent, and there's no way to get rid of sand :< get a crappy cacnea from 4th Gen and RNG it in BW.

Ngaw, oh well, saves me having to learn how to RNG in D/P/Pt. Is it easier or harder than B/W?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Mac! I like Munchy a lot, nice egg moves, you're the leader of the challenge now, lol. (if you know what I mean)

@CrazyMrHans,

Of course I'm the leader of the challenge, I'm the only entrant right now! xD

Ngaw, oh well, saves me having to learn how to RNG in D/P/Pt. Is it easier or harder than B/W?

It's harder, but it's also because it's different. I like it (especially HGSS RNG), but it's nice to go back to BW sometimes due to the ease of use.

100000000(bilions of 0s later)000 harder, but still quite easy :)

I wouldn't say that much harder xD trololo

CrazyMrHans

Drunk and slightly Irish
Years
God dangit. Before I even try I have a quick question, how difficult is it to get a breeding pokeman from the DW, *SPOILERS* I need an Aron with heavy metal for the competition. I don't know if I'll have the time to get one that can breed, what with the time restrictions on the challenge and whatnot, I'd like to know if it's relatively simple or not.

tl;dr Aron w/ heavy metal from DW, possible within a few days?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

That's what I meant ;)

Here comes the new topic:
What are your speculations about B2W2's RNG mechanics? Will they change or remain the same? If you think they would change, how?

Mac told me they'd be exactly the same, so I'm sticking with that. xD

Just posting a complete idiot moment - I missed my time three times in a row for the current challenge by hitting 32 instead of 37. I kept thinking "two seconds past the dot..." but it was the wrong dot lmao. So yeah, thick moment, time to catch my Scoli!

oocyst

SOFTware
Years

That's what I meant ;)

What are your speculations about B2W2's RNG mechanics? Will they change or remain the same? If you think they would change, how?

I HOPE they'll stay the same, but I'm not sure they will :( :(

HERE IS MY ENTRY TO THE CHALLENGE

304.png

Aron
Rock Head|Adamant
31|31|31|0|31|31
Tackle|Head Smash|Earthquake

I chose aron because I think he'd be a great user of heavy slam, as he is the heaviest user of Heavy Slam that gets STAB from it! It doesn't really need Heavy Metal because it's already in the second heaviest tier. Heavy slam is even on some of his sets, but if you want you can use Iron Head for consistency.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
Hi, I just started RNG abuse only yesterday. After countless attempts I appear to be beaten. I tried to RNG a flawless Kyurem using different frames but still, everytime I catch it, it doesn't have flawless IVs. At first, I setup my DS parameters following a guide on YouTube. This is what im trying to search:

Method: IVs (Standard Seed)
Encounter Type: Stationary Pokemon
Min/Max Frame:
1/5
IVs all 31 except def and that's it

Basically, what am I doing wrong? Is the method selected correct? Is the encounter type also correct for capturing Kyurem?

I'm sorry to sound like a NOOB, but I really want to succeed at this and half the guides on the interwebz at the moment confuse me/aren't simple enough. And some people's guides have outdated RNG reporters, which is confusing also.

Thanks!

Edit: I would upload a picture, but, this is my first post... :Z

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
For the challenge: RNGed a shiny Venipede in Lostlorn Forest and leveled it up to 30 with rare candies. It has 31/31/31/30/30/31 in IVs (UT) and was caught in a dive ball. I don't think there's anything else interesting to say about it but yeah, there we go! Oh, plus its male. Scolipede is perfect for using Heavy Slam! It's a huge fatty that can roll up into a big ball of fat and just be obese all over people! Plus it's the heaviest Bug type and it looks freaking badass.

007.png
545.png
007.png

Scolipede ♂ Lv. 30 ★
OT: Ozzy
Ability: Swarm
Nature: Jolly
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 30, 30, 31
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Bug Bite, Venoshock, Poison Tail, Protect​

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014

That's what I meant ;)

I really hope it stays the same and I really think it will, since I believe it's built on the same engine as Black and White... so looks like it should be similar, if that's true at least. I'm interested to find out, that's for sure. The leak of CoroCoro definitely has piqued my interest for B2W2, though.

Hi, I just started RNG abuse only yesterday. After countless attempts I appear to be beaten. I tried to RNG a flawless Kyurem using different frames but still, everytime I catch it, it doesn't have flawless IVs. At first, I setup my DS parameters following a guide on YouTube. This is what im trying to search:

Method: IVs (Standard Seed)
Encounter Type: Stationary Pokemon
Min/Max Frame:
1/5
IVs all 31 except def and that's it

Basically, what am I doing wrong? Is the method selected correct? Is the encounter type also correct for capturing Kyurem?

I'm sorry to sound like a NOOB, but I really want to succeed at this and half the guides on the interwebz at the moment confuse me/aren't simple enough. And some people's guides have outdated RNG reporters, which is confusing also.

Thanks!

Edit: I would upload a picture, but, this is my first post... :Z

I am going to ask one question for now and hopefully this will nail the problem. Which IVRNG frame (where you search the capture tab for IVs) is your seed on? If it's on anything but 1, you will have issues right now.

I HOPE they'll stay the same, but I'm not sure they will :( :(

HERE IS MY ENTRY TO THE CHALLENGE

304.png

Aron
Rock Head|Adamant
31|31|31|0|31|31
Tackle|Head Smash|Earthquake

I chose aron because I think he'd be a great user of heavy slam, as he is the heaviest user of Heavy Slam that gets STAB from it! It doesn't really need Heavy Metal because it's already in the second heaviest tier. Heavy slam is even on some of his sets, but if you want you can use Iron Head for consistency.

For the challenge: RNGed a shiny Venipede in Lostlorn Forest and leveled it up to 30 with rare candies. It has 31/31/31/30/30/31 in IVs (UT) and was caught in a dive ball. I don't think there's anything else interesting to say about it but yeah, there we go! Oh, plus its male. Scolipede is perfect for using Heavy Slam! It's a huge fatty that can roll up into a big ball of fat and just be obese all over people! Plus it's the heaviest Bug type and it looks freaking badass.

007.png
545.png
007.png

Scolipede ♂ Lv. 30 ★
OT: Ozzy
Ability: Swarm
Nature: Jolly
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 30, 30, 31
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Bug Bite, Venoshock, Poison Tail, Protect​

Nice abuses, both of you! Good luck B)

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
I am going to ask one question for now and hopefully this will nail the problem. Which IVRNG frame (where you search the capture tab for IVs) is your seed on? If it's on anything but 1, you will have issues right now.

I have tried it about 3-4 times on Frame 1 and I also tried it twice with a frame of 4 (I had 4 pokemon in party and walked 128 steps).

Edit: I tried RNG abusing a Shiny Flawless and I'm currently struggling through the Chattot advancements. I'm fairly certain I was 1 frame away from my Shiny which kind of sucks but oh well I'll keep trying.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
Just RNG'd this beast:

Sneasel (shiny)
Jolly (lucky!)
IV's: 30 | 30 | 17 | 30 | 30 | 30

My first ever successful RNG abuse.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Just RNG'd this beast:

Sneasel (shiny)
Jolly (lucky!)
IV's: 30 | 30 | 17 | 30 | 30 | 30

My first ever successful RNG abuse.

Congratulations! I hope to see many more from you xD Keep it going ^^

Also, I want to announce that we are extending this challenge for two days as well. I know April is a busy month so this might happen frequently until classes are done. I hope to see more entries soon! :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh thanks so much. I'm currently sick and behind on a huge project. I still have to go out and get materials for it and such. :( But I do know what I want to RNG!

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Oh thanks so much. I'm currently sick and behind on a huge project. I still have to go out and get materials for it and such. :( But I do know what I want to RNG!

Get well soon, Sydders :( And get your work done! We'll be here when you get back feeling well and not as busy. I know how it feels to be too busy to do anything... it's not fun at all. Thanks for the post though and I hope my PM wasn't too annoying xD

Discussion: I think that the B2W2 abuse will be the same, if not very similar. I'm basing this off conversations with Bond697 and Kaphotics... both who are confident that it will be the same. And even if it isn't, they know so much about RNG mechanics now that it should be cracked very quickly. Such encouraging news! I can't wait for B2W2!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back