• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think the News will be on the 8th of January?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
remakes of RS are very likely to be announced this year, although i don't think it'll be announced january 8th.
Masuda replied to a fan about remaking Rs, so get your hopes up people!!

current game: Pearl version
Badges: 3

Masuda never once said they were working on RS remakes. He thanked a fan for liking Hoenn. He never said anything was being worked on. Just showed gratitude to a fan liking his work.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Was watching Smash and they just showed the announcement preview directly after a B2W2 commercial again. There is no way this isn't game related.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Since now all the tournament stuff is over - Jan 8 will definitely be something game related.

That was just a little tournament for the show using the hosts. They can have a World wide tournament as the major announcement. Since the advertisement for the Jan 8th thing appears for a few seconds after the B2W2 video, its quite possibly a download event rather than a world tournament. You'd think that since its with the old B2W2 commercial its related to B2W2.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Well, I think they just put it at the end of a BW2 commercial because it was about Pokemon. Havig just a "Pokemon fans check on the site Jan 8th!" might seem kind of random, because I'm assuming Pokemon doesnt have its own channel?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Doesn't have to be movie related. Arceus, Kyurem (we got opposite dragon released through event in B/W why not a Kyurem event? Could also be a Zorua? Jiranchi? Deoxys? Mew(again for the umpteenth time)? Shaymin? I mean any of the Event exclusives are free game. Maybe a larger Meloetta related event? Some new event about the Dream World? Like a change to Dream World?

Its gotta be related to B2W2 in some way shape or form seeing as its a quick screen flash after B2W2 commercial.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
Doesn't have to be movie related. Arceus, Kyurem (we got opposite dragon released through event in B/W why not a Kyurem event? Could also be a Zorua? Jiranchi? Deoxys? Mew(again for the umpteenth time)? Shaymin? I mean any of the Event exclusives are free game. Maybe a larger Meloetta related event? Some new event about the Dream World? Like a change to Dream World?

Its gotta be related to B2W2 in some way shape or form seeing as its a quick screen flash after B2W2 commercial.

If that youtube vid that was posted earlier is any indication, I'm starting to think it will probably be a gen 5 pokémon stadium/Colosseum/PBR type game.

Which I'm ok with.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If that youtube vid that was posted earlier is any indication, I'm starting to think it will probably be a gen 5 pokémon stadium/Colosseum/PBR type game.

Which I'm ok with.

It would be cool, but there is no way that would be posted already. They wouldn't have that good of a quality footage yet. The 8th is pretty much just gunna say what's up. if a game, then footage would appear in the next Smash and screenies would appear in Coro Coro 7 days later.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
It would be cool, but there is no way that would be posted already. They wouldn't have that good of a quality footage yet. The 8th is pretty much just gunna say what's up. if a game, then footage would appear in the next Smash and screenies would appear in Coro Coro 7 days later.

Well that's the thing, you never know. It could be fake, taken out of context, or it could very well be a leak. Nowadays you just can't be so sure anymore.

Years

Arceus is pretty darn easy to get on the GTS, you just have to look around. Kyurem? We can get him in 4 games already. No need for an event. Japan just got a Deoxys event through Junichi Masuda in December. Zorau is free in B2W2 already, why release another?

Shaymin and Mew, What the? I seriously doubt they would put this much effort into promoting something like Shaymin, Mew, Jirachi or even a Meloetta. That would just be the ultimate troll from the Pokemon companies saying this is "Big News" and it turns out to be just a Jirachi or another event Legend. Dream World is the most possible, but I seriously doubt they would change the Dream World in such a quick fashion unless they were preparing for Gen 6.

Junichi Masuda is supposed to appear on next weeks Pokemon Smash.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Arceus is pretty darn easy to get on the GTS, you just have to look around. Kyurem? We can get him in 4 games already. No need for an event. Japan just got a Deoxys event through Junichi Masuda in December. Zorau is free in B2W2 already, why release another?

Shaymin and Mew, What the? I seriously doubt they would put this much effort into promoting something like Shaymin, Mew, Jirachi or even a Meloetta. That would just be the ultimate troll from the Pokemon companies saying this is "Big News" and it turns out to be just a Jirachi or another event Legend. Dream World is the most possible, but I seriously doubt they would change the Dream World in such a quick fashion unless they were preparing for Gen 6.

Junichi Masuda is supposed to appear on next weeks Pokemon Smash.

Just cause its availble in 4 games doesn't mean much. You got the Mascot legends in opposite games back in B/W. GTS doesn't mean squat either as you can't trade Event Pokemon. Most if not all of GTS Arceus are hacked which doesn't mean anything to TPC and doesn't play any part in disqualifying an event.

You easily forget how largely advertised the "Shocking Announcement" that Mewtwo was. Japan wise it was all over and there was a ton of hype then about what it could have been. It was Mewtwo event.

Its TPC if they want to release an event they can with as little reason as they want. If they thinks its big enough to excite children they'll advertise it as such. Their target demographic are children so using words like "Big, Shocking, Amazing" are to catch the eyes of children.

Also Junichi Masuda WAS in this Smash. He and Morimoto. They were there for decoration. I said earlier that Junichi Masuda and the other guy being advertised on Smash meant nothing as they'd been on Smash before with "big/exciting" events going on and they either trolled or did nothing worth merit. This time, they did nothing worth merit. Him being on it next week may not mean anything again. They may go over what the 8th has to reveal. They may talk about this week's mini tournament. He's just a celebrity face to decorate the screen.

Yeah I was talking about your link. What is pokemon tretta?

Its an Arcade game in Japan that uses coins that store memory on them. You basically use the coins to store your Pokemon's data. (may have confused battrio with Tretta but they are basically the same thing)

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
Ah thanks, that's a little disappointing, but It could still be a stadium type game. it would be great for the Wii U and gen 5 still needs one.

Then again it could be another Troll from Trollfreak. "LOL, NEW C GEAR SKIN!!!"

AlolanMoonZPrincess

Alolan Moon Princess
Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
looking at the evidence 6th gen makes the most sense. They would not make remakes for 3DS and TPCi said a few weeks back that the games GF is currently working on are a major graphical upgrade but not remakes. now with that said and knowing GF would not make a big deal about spinoffs Gen 6 is the logical answer. However nobody saw sequels coming for BW sooooo it could be something nobody sees coming again. But Gen 2 was 3 years and didn't they say Gen 5 would be faster paced? Only 3 days till we get info

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
looking at the evidence 6th gen makes the most sense. They would not make remakes for 3DS and TPCi said a few weeks back that the games GF is currently working on are a major graphical upgrade but not remakes. now with that said and knowing GF would not make a big deal about spinoffs Gen 6 is the logical answer. However nobody saw sequels coming for BW sooooo it could be something nobody sees coming again. But Gen 2 was 3 years and didn't they say Gen 5 would be faster paced? Only 3 days till we get info

2 days. Japan is a good deal ahead of us. So we'll get the Japan announcement on Monday afternoon. Smash is Sunday morning as we just finished streaming it a few moments ago. So around 5:30 PM Central time in America was about 8:30 AM in Japan.

Years
Just cause its availble in 4 games doesn't mean much. You got the Mascot legends in opposite games back in B/W. GTS doesn't mean squat either as you can't trade Event Pokemon. Most if not all of GTS Arceus are hacked which doesn't mean anything to TPC and doesn't play any part in disqualifying an event.

You easily forget how largely advertised the "Shocking Announcement" that Mewtwo was. Japan wise it was all over and there was a ton of hype then about what it could have been. It was Mewtwo event.

Its TPC if they want to release an event they can with as little reason as they want. If they thinks its big enough to excite children they'll advertise it as such. Their target demographic are children so using words like "Big, Shocking, Amazing" are to catch the eyes of children.

Also Junichi Masuda WAS in this Smash. He and Morimoto. They were there for decoration. I said earlier that Junichi Masuda and the other guy being advertised on Smash meant nothing as they'd been on Smash before with "big/exciting" events going on and they either trolled or did nothing worth merit. This time, they did nothing worth merit. Him being on it next week may not mean anything again. They may go over what the 8th has to reveal. They may talk about this week's mini tournament. He's just a celebrity face to decorate the screen.

Its an Arcade game in Japan that uses coins that store memory on them. You basically use the coins to store your Pokemon's data. (may have confused battrio with Tretta but they are basically the same thing)

I'm not going to debate with you over this, mostly because your right. It is for the kids.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm not going to debate with you over this, mostly because your right. It is for the kids.

I'm not trying to say it absolutely won't be something else. TPC, Trolling the Pokemon Community, likes to do the unexpected. Its just for me, it seems like an event now that I've seen the actual ad for the announcement.

Its a large scale announcement. That tends to be troll bait based on past events. At least with what I'm expecting, things can only get good if I'm wrong. I'm expecting an event. If I'm right...oh look...I'm right. Cool now to download. If I'm wrong and there is an announcement on Remakes. Cool we get remakes. Time to start learning about what the changes are and how it effects the current gameplay. If its new generation. Cool now I have to memorize 100+ more Pokemon and watch as my favorite franchise grows even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back