• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
If you got the money for it, buy a crapload of herb items from the herbal medicine store in Lumiose. Using those bitter herbs on a Pokemon lowers its friendship. Why Frustration though?
Frustration so that if an Imposter Ditto copies me, it won't be able to make best use of Frustration because its max happiness. Also, its name and animation looks cooler than Return depending on the pokemon (Aerialate Pinsir, Slaking, etc.)

I have a lot of money, so I can buy thousands of them if necessary. But what actual process should I go about using the herbal medicine? Should I use the Revival Herb (with constant fainting) or the Energy Root?

For the Revival Herb, a problem I can see is that I don't know the best way to go about fainting a lv50 pokemon and that you can't spam it non-stop. For the Energy Root, I don't know the most reliable place to get constantly hurt without fainting and yet still make sure my opponent uses a damaging move... or perhaps I should do a combination of Energy Root and Revival Herb? Or is just one-or-the-other more efficient? How many of the items do I actually have to buy?

This is an open question for anyone to answer.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
help with evolving question

in this generation when should I evolve nidorino? I evolved one at 16. It had modest nature and I maxed its special attack and speed out and leveled my lvl 16 nidoking up to lvl 100 and it's stats are as follows. Health 304 def 190 spa 295 spdef 167 and spd 269. Now y are its stats so low? Is it bc I didn't let it lvl up as nidorino first? Help me plz.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
in this generation when should I evolve nidorino? I evolved one at 16. It had modest nature and I maxed its special attack and speed out and leveled my lvl 16 nidoking up to lvl 100 and it's stats are as follows. Health 304 def 190 spa 295 spdef 167 and spd 269. Now y are its stats so low? Is it bc I didn't let it lvl up as nidorino first? Help me plz.
Your Nidoking's stats aren't low... they're near perfect! Check this link out. I plugged-in your Nidoking's data. With the exception of your Special Defense (and maybe Attack), your stats are as perfect as they can be. :)

The only advantages which leveling up Nidorino instead of Nidoking would have is getting moves that only Nidorino learns, such as Toxic Spikes or Poison Jab. (Neither of which matter.) So don't worry, evolving it early had no repercussions.

If you thought your Nidoking's stats were low compared to your other pokemon, then its because of its base stats, which all Nidoking are born with. Its worth mentioning that Nidoking's Sheer Force (if you have it) will make him a lot stronger when he actually enters battle. :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • CA
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
Trading from Diamond to X

if I want to trade from diamond to X/y does it need to be black or black 2?
Also same if I want to do same with black to X/Y

Nurse Joy

Would you like to rest your Pokémon?
Years
if I want to trade from diamond to X/y does it need to be black or black 2?
Also same if I want to do same with black to X/Y

Yep! Although you can't send Pokemon from Black/White or Black2/White2 to Diamond or Pearl, you can transfer Pokemon from Diamond and Pearl to those games with the PokeTransfer Lab, which you can use when you beat the game in BW or B2W2. You don't have to beat the game in Diamond or Pearl to use it, though.

You can find the PokeTransfer Lab on Route 15, which is East of Nimbasa City.

Once you have transferred Pokemon to these games, you can transfer them to X/Y with the PokeTransporter that comes with Pokemon Bank. You don't need to beat the game for this, either!

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Is there a way to have a Keldeo know Secret Sword without transforming into Resolute? I think the Bulbapedia page shows it in its regular form, and I think Showdown didn't enforce the appearance.

Nurse Joy

Years
Is there a way to have a Keldeo know Secret Sword without transforming into Resolute? I think the Bulbapedia page shows it in its regular form, and I think Showdown didn't enforce the appearance.

I don't think so... It seems to transform as soon as it learns Secret Sword and stays that way until it forgets it.

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
I have a bit of a problem.

I just got the mega ring upgraded. I waited until 8:00 to go hunting for mega stones, starting in the Chamber of Emptyness.
I didn't find anything. Not in the Chamber of Emptyness, not in Laverre city, nowhere.
Did I miss anything? Was there something I was supposed to do before this? Can I not find mega stones within the same day as upgrading? Or does my game have a glitch or something?(its a physical copy of the game, Pokémon X specificly)
EDIT:
Almost forgot another question I had. For those of you who have hatched shiny pokemon(since I've never hatched any), when the shiny pokemon hatches, does the shiny animation and sound play? Or does it just come out looking different and that's it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017

I just got the mega ring upgraded. I waited until 8:00 to go hunting for mega stones, starting in the Chamber of Emptyness.
I didn't find anything. Not in the Chamber of Emptyness, not in Laverre city, nowhere.
Did I miss anything? Was there something I was supposed to do before this? Can I not find mega stones within the same day as upgrading? Or does my game have a glitch or something?(its a physical copy of the game, Pokémon X specificly)
EDIT:
Almost forgot another question I had. For those of you who have hatched shiny pokemon(since I've never hatched any), when the shiny pokemon hatches, does the shiny animation and sound play? Or does it just come out looking different and that's it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

in the Chamber of Emptiness, are you inside or outside? Because it's outside some building. and in LAverre city it's beside a wall. Here's the list of locations: http://www.gamesradar.com/pokemon-x-and-y-mega-stone-location-guide/

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
I've seen a list of locations before and I even had somebody help me with this to see if they could spot the spots where the stones should be, but even they couldn't find them.
I guess all there is left to do is try tomorrow. lol (unless more answers come in. XD)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
If i go to the iv checker how do i know what it's iv's are?

This image might be helpful for you : http://i.imgur.com/HAjXSPE.jpg

Make sure that you are looking for the Mega Stones at 8 to 9 PM. That is 20:00 to 21:00 in your 3DS time.

Nope.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
I've seen a list of locations before and I even had somebody help me with this to see if they could spot the spots where the stones should be, but even they couldn't find them.
I guess all there is left to do is try tomorrow. lol (unless more answers come in. XD)

well that link gives pics of the location, but also are you changing your time in the ads? if so, time based events are suspended forr 24 hours each time you do (it's done that way to prevent cheating)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 4, 2014
I have a question. Recently i've purchased a japanese 3ds XL. And i was wondering if the digital japanese version of pokémon x/y, also come in multiple languages.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I have a question. Recently i've purchased a japanese 3ds XL. And i was wondering if the digital japanese version of pokémon x/y, also come in multiple languages.

These games are multilingual, so you should be able to play them in whatever language you prefer regardless of where you purchase then from. =) I'm not absolutely sure, though, so if I'm wrong, it'd be great if somebody could correct me.

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
These games are multilingual, so you should be able to play them in whatever language you prefer regardless of where you purchase then from. =) I'm not absolutely sure, though, so if I'm wrong, it'd be great if somebody could correct me.

Just flying in here to confirm that you are correct! Each cartridge of X&Y contains seven languages no matter where you buy it from.
So should you purchase a Japanese cartridge, you should have the option to choose a different language when you start up the game.

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
I figured out my problem. Apparently my 2DS wasn't set an hour ahead like it should have been so now I'll just wait till 9:00 and go for stones. Later I'll set it to the correct time. lol

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2014
first playthrough team pokemon x

hey there this will be my first playthrough of x and my first post here ever!! and i had a team set up using marriland team builder,

i am looking into advice and criticism on the pokemon, their potential to be useful and typing, like for example instead of lets say diggersby is good or bad due to typing and rest of pokemon.\and also how they cover each others weaknesses, or dont cover, i would just like some critisim

oh and i would like to have all 6th gen pokes, i wanna try out all new ones, i know there are always better choices in typing but what better way than to keep all new in my team :) thanks everyone

first is starter: delphox: fire/psychic
talonflame: fire/flying (will be replaced with something else but need something to fly, sugestions appreciated)
Heliolisk: Electric/normal
Clawitzer: water
aegislash: ghost/steel
pangoro: fighting/dark (or Diggersby: ground/normal (has huge power ability only reason i can see him useful)

Nurse Joy

Years
hey there this will be my first playthrough of x and my first post here ever!! and i had a team set up using marriland team builder,

i am looking into advice and criticism on the pokemon, their potential to be useful and typing, like for example instead of lets say diggersby is good or bad due to typing and rest of pokemon.\and also how they cover each others weaknesses, or dont cover, i would just like some critisim

oh and i would like to have all 6th gen pokes, i wanna try out all new ones, i know there are always better choices in typing but what better way than to keep all new in my team :) thanks everyone

first is starter: delphox: fire/psychic
talonflame: fire/flying (will be replaced with something else but need something to fly, sugestions appreciated)
Heliolisk: Electric/normal
Clawitzer: water
aegislash: ghost/steel
pangoro: fighting/dark (or Diggersby: ground/normal (has huge power ability only reason i can see him useful)

Check here for help with your team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back