• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Hey Waudby games looking great.
I have a question..
Was Odyssey's original story about a totodile that was locked inside a poke ball?
Or is this a different game I'm thinking of?

Waudby

I have a question..
Was Odyssey's original story about a totodile that was locked inside a poke ball?
Or is this a different game I'm thinking of?

Yes the story did feature a totodile and a locked pokémon, however this has now changed.

More story details will be given sometime in the near future.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Ohio
  • Seen Dec 12, 2008
I must say this game looks amazing. Love the updates and screenies. Hmm you say something we will use eventually...

Bikes?
pokegear phone thing?
Able to change outfits?
able to rename pokemon?

Sorry if the last one was in your demo. I never tried it. Did not know of it back then :(. Really threre's a lot of stuff you could guess but whatever it is we will be happy! Keep up the amazing job.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
alright, stand back people, jk.:laugh:

mini-games?
New feature in battle system?
Poke-cell?

These were ideas on the top of my head.

Waudby

Okay so I haven't spoken much about the big update that's coming really.
hmmmm... What will it include?
Well the answer is a number of things.
In the storyline area, it will reveal the inside of Sullivan's Cave and the new caves tiles I've put together ;)
It was also reveal a new feature that is currently being added to the game, hopefully this will make the game a bit more enjoyable.
Thirdly the update will also bring a nice prologue for the story to Pokémon Odyssey.
The prologue will tell the story of Sullivan and why he has gone down as a legend in the history of Everglade.

Waudby

It may show the starters i'm not sure, 'm still undecided about what I'm actually going to do for starters yet.

However I do have some ideas, hopefully I will have made my mind up by the time the update gets here :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2009
Hi there. I recently just downloaded Pokemon Odyssey, and have been trying to get it to work on my computer. However, I've been facing this constant problem as soon as I run the application file:

-I'm unsure what to do, and if there are any instructions for getting this to work please let me know. As well, you can tell I'm using Window's Vista. It wouldn't make a difference would it? Please, help me out. :D

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Hi there. I recently just downloaded Pokemon Odyssey, and have been trying to get it to work on my computer. However, I've been facing this constant problem as soon as I run the application file:

-I'm unsure what to do, and if there are any instructions for getting this to work please let me know. As well, you can tell I'm using Window's Vista. It wouldn't make a difference would it? Please, help me out. :D

read the first post........

Also, If you get the "Could not initialise video subsystem" error do this;
Open Config.exe and in the video settings, select standard32 and tell it to run in windowed mode.

Waudby

Yeah the demo support was discontinued a few months ago and the old demo is now gone as well.

There will be another demo at some point, but at the moment it's not going to be too soon.

Waudby

odyssey.png

Are you ready?Monday, 15/12/08

I've been promising this update for a long time now. Hopefully this will satisfy everyone's thirst for it. And hopefully everyone will enjoy reading through and finding out about the new things that have been put in Pokémon Odyssey.
But before I properly begin, I'd just like to say a big thank you to everyone that has helped me with this update, which also includes Vampire://Krimm for contributing a big banner for the Odyssey website and inspiration for the update style.
I'd also like to thank Radnen from the Spherical Forums for all his help as well.

Anyway more about the game now :P

Now I know that everyone is wanting screenshots, and we will get to that. However first things first - the prologue!

Prologue:

I promised a good prologue to the story of Pokémon Odyssey so here it is.

It was almost two years after the first assault on the Everglade region by the Ani Colony, and people had begun to lose hope. The residents of Cresent City had been hit the hardest. Many of them were locked away for going against the Ani Colony's rules, and many other people had tried to escape to other regions - normally unsuccessfully.

There were a group of Pokémon Trainers which had joined together to try and otherthrow the Ani Colony. They were lead by a man named Sullivan, a dragon type trainer. Sullivan had defeated too many trainers to remember. Each one an minion of the Ani Colony and that was the problem, they were only minions.

However, a day came were Sullivan and his trainers decided to storm the Ani Colony's trading camp in the north-eastern town called Precip Town, named after the amount of rain and snow the town got each year. This was Sullivan's home town which he left during the first attack. So to regain this town would have a sentimental value to him.

The planned went down perfectly and the group defeated the trainers that were defending it and took back control of Precip Town. Sullivan knew this wouldn't be the end of it and that they couldn't enjoy their victory for long, so after quickly resting their Pokémon, the group continued onto the next town in their scope - Cresent City.

If Sullivan could take control of Cresent City, he had almost won the fight. they travelled towards the city and were confronted by the welcoming squad along the way, Sullivan's Dragonite easily taking care of any Pokémon in it's way. Arriving at the city's gates they were greeted by a new opponent, a leading general of the Ani Colony - Vince.

Vince was a Fire type trainer. His main Pokémon being a Charizard which was raised from a young Charmander. A heated battle began between Vince and Sullivan, whlist Sullivan's men dealt with the Ani Colony's grunts. Flying high into the air Charizard and Dragonite battled it out. Almost evenly matched, it seemed like the battle would continue forever. However Sullivan had a trick up his sleeve, a custom move he had taught to Dragonite - Overkill. Overkill, is a one hit K.O move, it doesn't have a type but is super effective against everything. It plumits the opponent deep within the planets mantle. Sullivan's Dragonite is the only Pokémon to have ever used it as Sullivan was the creator of it.

Dragonite used Overkill, and Vince was defeated, Sullivan had reclaimed Cresent City for the residents and went down in history as "The Cresent Hero".

After Vince's defeated, the citizens of the Everglade region had be reinspired to fight against the Ani Colony, and within a few weeks they had driven the Ani Colony out of Everglade.

There still exists some remnants of Sullivan's Odyssey. And there is said to be a long buried treasure of his existing somewhere in the Everglade region.....

Hopefully that should give you a good idea of some of the history of the Everglade region.

Sullivan's cave:

Now you may be wondering how this story has anything to do with the story to the game, well instead of telling you how I'll show you.

screenshot%202008.12.14%2017.08.25.0937.png
screenshot%202008.12.14%2017.09.02.0078.png

This is Sullivan's Statue.

At the start of the game, your Mother tells you that your friend/rival has been round to see you and had said something about finding treasure. SO you proceed to search around town for your friend.

You find him outside Sullivan's Cave, where he tells you that there's supposedly a treasure of some sort on the last floor of the cave.

screenshot%202008.11.16%2012.03.09.0203.png

He convinces you to help him find the treasure. So you both progress into the cave...

New Feature:

Okay so I've been talking on and on about a new feature that has been added to Pokémon Odyssey, while still not fully complete work is progressing at a good rate at the moment and it should be done soon.

screenshot%202008.12.15%2015.28.32.0328.png
screenshot%202008.12.15%2015.28.47.0921.png

screenshot%202008.12.15%2015.28.55.0921.png

That's right! Online trading and battling are coming to Pokémon Odyssey, with a new feature similar to Pokémon Platinum, the final version of this new feature will have a 10 capacity room for "wifi" battling and trading of Pokémon and Items.

10 capacity? Yep, up to 10 people can enter into the wifi room on one connection, all that is needed is the hosts external IP address and portforwarding set up. Any one can host an online game with friends, simple by going to the Wifi Counter in the room shown above and speaking to the new attendant there. Players will then be asking to go into the actual wifi room.

Note: For use of this update the wifi feature was shown in the entry room and not the final wifi room.

The actual wifi room, will have computers that will be used to select a player to trade or battle with. The action will then happen.

And Items?

That's right Items will also be trade-able, some new items need to be traded across the internet to be activated and release their potential power. Also there will be collectors of strange items around the world which will have randomly selected collected goods, so for one person, they may ask the player to collect 10 potions for them while the same person in another game may want 5 repels instead.

Player's will be able to choose a character to play online as. And select an online name to be recognized as.

As a special event, there will be times where I will send out my ip address in a riddle as well as the time of day (GMT) when I will be online to connect to and you can then receive as special gift from me as well as special Pokémon events like the official games.

Well that just about wraps it all up for this update. Hopefully you enjoyed looking and reading through this.

Until next time :D
~Waudby

Last edited:

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Brilliant. An awesome update! I love the prospect of Wifi, especially as my Ds Wifi doesn't work :P

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Excellent update. I enjoyed the read for the back story. And it seems like you have it covered so I can just play the game and catch up rather then reading that update. Good job.

As for the wi-fi. I think this is the killer feature this game should excel in. Really try and expand what you can do. Be as creative as you can be with the idea of online play. Maybe have something like, you can explore one part of the region (for example, you can choose to walk around in 1 town only, with up to 10 friends). If you can surpass what the official games are doing with online play (make the gameplay even more social)- I won't care what other features or storylines you have in the game lol. I'll play Odyssey no matter what for the multiplayer alone!

Mitchman

Banned
Years
wow nice. Real nice. the chances of me wanting to play this badly are 100%. Also will overkill be able to uh be taught through a super secret tm?

Waudby

Haha this brought a smile to my face XD

wow nice. Real nice. the chances of me wanting to play this badly are 100%. Also will overkill be able to uh be taught through a super secret tm?

More will be told about "Overkill" next time I update, it wont be available in tm or hm form that's for sure.

Excellent update. I enjoyed the read for the back story. And it seems like you have it covered so I can just play the game and catch up rather then reading that update. Good job.

As for the wi-fi. I think this is the killer feature this game should excel in. Really try and expand what you can do. Be as creative as you can be with the idea of online play. Maybe have something like, you can explore one part of the region (for example, you can choose to walk around in 1 town only, with up to 10 friends). If you can surpass what the official games are doing with online play (make the gameplay even more social)- I won't care what other features or storylines you have in the game lol. I'll play Odyssey no matter what for the multiplayer alone!

There's has been thought about adding something very similar to this as an add on pack. Possibly a market town or city. I can safely say for one thing that it wont be a MMORPG as this would require a dedicated server that I can't afford and also would require saving and loading files over the internet, which could be a security issue.

But the multiplayer feature will be carefully looked into about the possibilites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back