• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
First of all, I'd like to thank you all very much for all the support you have given us by commenting and looking at this thread.

Now that is done, I'm going to announce that the beta will not be released on the 5th. We aren't giving up, but life is still happening and there is some stuff that is holding us back from releasing it.

Anyway, the beta will come out whenever we feel like it. No release dates and all that other garbage that just rushes the makers of a hack even more. So we are not going to be giving you dates but we'll release it when we release it.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
I put out a release date to help motivate me push forward to get the hack ready so you guys can play but after a month it still needs a little bit more lovin' before I can make it public. Sorry, a bit of a perfectionist!

Release date: TBA ... but very soon.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
I put out a release date to help motivate me push forward to get the hack ready so you guys can play but after a month it still needs a little bit more lovin' before I can make it public. Sorry, a bit of a perfectionist!

I don't blame you. I look forward to doing a playthrough when your hack is released. :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024

Bummer. O well, I'm sure it will be perfect when it is released.

Le pug

Years
Pokémon: Discovery Pokémon List​

It's time to publish the Pokémon list that will be used. I will expanding the Pokédex later on but only for events where the space will be needed. These are the Pokémon you'll encounter in this hack. List is not final and will change. Not all legendaries are going to be used, just haven't used their space for anything yet.

Key:
x ---> y means x is now replaced with y
* means that the Pokémon is a fakémon (8 total so far, few more planned out including a Cacturne and Girafarig evo)
~~~ means that the Pokémon is scheduled for an in-game event (big or small)

Spoiler:

Expect some awesome events with these Pokémon and expect some awesome fakémon evos in the future!

Years
That is an interesting list. Surprised to see Cherubi and Cherrim there. Have you managed to implement the Flower Gift ability, or we will just have the open form directly?

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
That is an interesting list. Surprised to see Cherubi and Cherrim there. Have you managed to implement the Flower Gift ability, or we will just have the open form directly?
Open form directly, in our opinions, that's the better form and we like the design more.

And like Le said, not only the legends but not every pokemon is going to show up. We'll try to implement as many as we can, but I(personally) feel like with pokemon games and hacks, there is a limit with how much pokemon you can add without making the game be dragged out and more of a chore. Plus you're not getting a pokedex so, there's that. :P
Even though there is no pokedex, we are looking at noticeable pokedex entries and link to the pokemon. For example, every time before something bad happens, you will encounter an Absol about the same level as the wild pokemon in the area. Stuff like that.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
Yeah I should have asked. XD. No problem about the shoutout, happy to do it for such an interesting hack im preparing to do a playthrough of on the channel. :)

Le pug

Years
Updating the movesets right now for the existing pokemon in the hack and also, been researching with Touched and DarkSneasel into some cool features for Emerald so little behind on finishing the last map but just know Beta 2 is going to be AMAZING! Three new features will be added in Beta 2 ... The ability to steal the trainer your fighting's pokemon (how to do so is rare and for you to find out! It has a catch rate ability that is really low also), you'll be able to do TAG BATTLES! Team up with Mattiello and work together to thwart Renegade Company at their base hidden deep within the ash-covered forests (which will also have altered pokemon ... they will have sprites that are covered in ash), also there will be more field moves! Field moves are moves like Sweet Scent. Where in-game if you select your pokemon that has it, it'll attract wild pokemon if you're on a grass tile. Well, we're adding more features for this including Stunky and it's evo. They will get a move that allows them to use repel outside of battle (in relation to their pokedex entries "It sprays a foul fluid from its rear. Its stench spreads over a mile radius, driving Pokémon away.") so stunky will have a weak repel and its evo will be a stronger repel. Also, still in the works but the player will be able to ride a pokemon. (Don't worry, it's not Doduo) The pokemon will have the move Ride or something I can create where it will check the HP (make sure pokemon isnt fainted), level (going to make it to where the pokemon has to be level 20 to ride it), species check (make sure its the right pokemon), held item check (probably a saddle has to be held by the pokemon) and of course if you're outside or inside. So there is a lot of thinking going on behind the scenes trying to better the Emerald hacking community and also for features for discovery. So stay tuned, more info will be put and the hack will be released in the coming of days

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Beta 2 is going to be AMAZING!

Really? You're gonna talk about beta 2 when beta one isn't out yet. The audacity (thats boldness for those that don't know). I'm surprised the website isn't in the list of reasons beta one isnt out yet, wait i wasn't supposed to mention that was I? Oh well. Beta 1 better be worth the wait.

P.S. You know how I mean all this Le.

Le pug

Years
Really? You're gonna talk about beta 2 when beta one isn't out yet. The audacity (thats boldness for those that don't know). I'm surprised the website isn't in the list of reasons beta one isnt out yet, wait i wasn't supposed to mention that was I? Oh well. Beta 1 better be worth the wait.

P.S. You know how I mean all this Le.

Can't forget the reasons of Dark Sneasel's beta trailer and late night #discovery LOL. I'm working on the hack now tho ;.; I'm trying I really am :t289:

Years
Sssssssssssss**** homies, this is (by far) the best and ambitious hack I've ever seen. Only one thing I want say to owners, PLEASE make a battle frontier like as kanto / johto league (anime) if is possible, I love games with tournaments and rounds, and always dream with a league in pokemon (COOL league like as anime, not E4 in the games ._.) if u can, pls do it <3

Btw, sorry for my bad english, I'm Spaniard :)

Le pug

Years
Sssssssssssss**** homies, this is (by far) the best and ambitious hack I've ever seen. Only one thing I want say to owners, PLEASE make a battle frontier like as kanto / johto league (anime) if is possible, I love games with tournaments and rounds, and always dream with a league in pokemon (COOL league like as anime, not E4 in the games ._.) if u can, pls do it <3

Btw, sorry for my bad english, I'm Spaniard :)

I was thinking about it, like maybe some sort of hunger games since it's on an island? haha.

Le pug

Years
Fixed that for you. You can thank me later. Back on topic, will the ash affect the Pokemon in any way other than looks?

Battle Royale sounds more interesting and would be awesome to pull off. I might have to make some sort of coliseum and incorporate this....

and also I'm not sure yet. I was thinking that the ash could maybe give some pokemon that have been living there in that environment like a secondary type of Dark? Or maybe in that particular area I could incorporate inverse battles? Nah that wouldn't work .. but maybe the dark types or more dark moves? That area is still far away so haven't really started thinking about it

Back