• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Uranium (NEW DEMO 4.0 RELEASED!!!)

Fr0ZeN-LIgeR

recovering facebook addict
Years
is it just me or isnt there that many ice or dark types in this?? :/

i may be wrong and JV has them up his sleeve but from what ive seen there hasnt been that many

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
^well the Baashaun and Tancoon lines are dark and JV hasn't even shown 1/4 of the Pokedex yet....

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
is it just me or isnt there that many ice or dark types in this?? :/

i may be wrong and JV has them up his sleeve but from what ive seen there hasnt been that many
Actually, there are plenty dark types, sometimes I even feel there are too many. But you're correct about ice ones, there is only one so far (which I haven't shown)

^well the Baashaun and Tancoon lines are dark and JV hasn't even shown 1/4 of the Pokedex yet....
Exactly =)

Well guys, maybe I'll show one more fakemon later today.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
^JV, maybe you could give us a snippet of plot with the fakemon, I mean what we've seen for the story is minimal.

Oh and btw....
Tributes_to_the_Pig_King_by_Involuntary_Twitch.gif
62.png
68.png
214.png
257.png
286.png
297.png
392.png
448.png
475.png
iy1pcm.png

MOAR MOAR MOAR FIGHTING FIGHTING FIGHTING!

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Well, sorry for not updating for so long, but I bring some cool news to you guys. Firstly I bring screens of the revamped Trainer Card and the totally new Badge Case:

1zmfpu8.png
11tlq4p.png

Also, here is the list of the people that were already chosen to play the closed beta:

- Poison Master
- PokemonOI
- AceDragonite
- Koby1

Those lucky guys will receive the PM containing instructions and the beta download link sometime soon =). If you have any questions or something to say, post here. Also, I'm posting a fakemon later!

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Well, sorry for not updating for so long, but I bring some cool news to you guys. Firstly I bring screens of the revamped Trainer Card and the totally new Badge Case:

1zmfpu8.png
11tlq4p.png

Also, here is the list of the people that were already chosen to play the closed beta:

- Poison Master
- PokemonOI
- AceDragonite
- Koby1

Those lucky guys will receive the PM containing instructions and the beta download link sometime soon =). If you have any questions or something to say, post here. Also, I'm posting a fakemon later!

I am honored to test the beta and I swear I will not distribute it in any way and will try my best to find any errors, even if I have to spend an hour in Moki Town, so this game can be more enjoyable to its players. I like the badge style you are doing btw. :)

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Just posting to announce that I just sent the PM containing the information and download link to the testers! I hope they do a good job =).

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Awesome! Must say JV, that I've kinda gone off Pokémon for a while, but I'm still eagerly awaiting this demo. Hope the demo testing goes smoothly. :D

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
^haha I'm enjoying every moment right now, Riceeman. When all the bugs are fully fixed you'll have quite the gaming experience!

koby1

The M4's Best Freind
Years
MY CURRENT REVIEW OF POKEMON URANIUM BETA 2

I totally agree with Ace... Here is the bug list i have so far...

`NOTE* EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE`

MY RATING 9.35/10

AND NOBODY HAS A BUG LIST SO HERE'S MINE

I Also took screens of bugs but idk if Jv would want me to post them.

Koby1's Error/Bug list:

~Note* I am only up to defeating theo for the first time~

Spoiler:

MY FEEDBACK
General:
In general I find the game most impressive. It incorporates the use of a tropical climate/feel that not only adds diversity from other fan games but adds a more of a fantasy effect. The tiles all fit together in a well organized way. The mapping is pretty good and not cluttered with unnecessarily things. (|'Not a tile out of place.'|)

Positive:
The positive things about this game is that the battle system has more of a texture and detailed background system. Another thing that also caught me is that the simplicity of the Poke Pod unlike other fan games (not mentioning any) the Poke Pod is a user friendly system that will make using the map and all other features as easy as pie. The new menu is way faster than the old octamenu that was featured in the Beta 1. The new hg/ss style tileset helps brighten the concept of a developing/laid back theme of Tandor(MY IDEA OF TANDOR). The Fakemon also play a factor in the game , it makes the player want to find out and try to see what that pokemon has to offer his/her team, where as to the remakes i.e Pokemon Emerald, Pokemon Hg/S, and Pokemon Platinum where you already have a good knowledge on the pokemon nintendo has created. The new PokeDex and Bag screen layout are better than the old ones from nintendo. Most of the GFX are pretty much "Up to date". PokeCenter and PokeMarts are re designed!
THE MUSIC IS FANTASTIC BETTER THAN ANY OTHER POKEMON MUSIC IVE EVER HEARD!
There are many more things i have yet to see in Uranium

Negative: Some of the negative features in this game is the lack of trainer battles... I find that due to the fact that many fan games have a lack of trainer battles people must spend extra time on trying to find wild battles. Another negative is that some people may find "New Pokemon Intimidating" I know that may sound hypocritical but it might play a role on if players get frustrated or not. The lack of a player/enemy base makes the PBS a little weird. OVERPRICED STUFF!!!!! Potions used to be like $200 now its higher.... :'( (Not really a negative :P but I spent alot on potions and I had no idea till after I actually paid attention to the prices.. I was too late I already saved:'() SOME OVER WORLD'S Are smaller than the player.....

~ Koby's Report!

MY TEAM:

ELECTUX Lv 15 Male
CHYINMUNK Lv 13 Female

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
I totally agree with Ace... Here is the bug list i have so far...

`NOTE* EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE`

MY RATING 9.35/10

AND NOBODY HAS A BUG LIST SO HERE'S MINE

I Also took screens of bugs but idk if Jv would want me to post them.

Koby1's Error/Bug list:

~Note* I am only up to defeating theo for the first time~

Spoiler:

MY FEEDBACK

General:

In general I find the game most impressive. It incorporates the use of a tropical climate/feel that not only adds diversity from other fan games but adds a more of a fantasy effect. The tiles all fit together in a well organized way. The mapping is pretty good and not cluttered with unnecessarily things. (|'Not a tile out of place.'|)

Positive: The positive things about this game is that the battle system has more of a texture and detailed background system. Another thing that also caught me is that the simplicity of the Poke Pod unlike other fan games (not mentioning any) the Poke Pod is a user friendly system that will make using the map and all other features as easy as pie. The new menu is way faster than the old octamenu that was featured in the Beta 1. The new hg/ss style tileset helps brighten the concept of a developing/laid back theme of Tandor(MY IDEA OF TANDOR). The Fakemon also play a factor in the game , it makes the player want to find out and try to see what that pokemon has to offer his/her team, where as to the remakes i.e Pokemon Emerald, Pokemon Hg/S, and Pokemon Platinum where you already have a good knowledge on the pokemon nintendo has created. The new PokeDex and Bag screen layout are better than the old ones from nintendo. Most of the GFX are pretty much "Up to date". PokeCenter and PokeMarts are re designed!

THE MUSIC IS FANTASTIC BETTER THAN ANY OTHER POKEMON MUSIC IVE EVER HEARD!

There are many more things i have yet to see in Uranium

Negative: Some of the negative features in this game is the lack of trainer battles... I find that due to the fact that many fan games have a lack of trainer battles people must spend extra time on trying to find wild battles. Another negative is that some people may find "New Pokemon Intimidating" I know that may sound hypocritical but it might play a role on if players get frustrated or not. The lack of a player/enemy base makes the PBS a little weird. OVERPRICED STUFF!!!!! Potions used to be like $200 now its higher.... :'( (Not really a negative :P but I spent alot on potions and I had no idea till after I actually paid attention to the prices.. I was too late I already saved:'() SOME OVER WORLD'S Are smaller than the player.....

~ Koby's Report!

MY TEAM:

ELECTUX Lv 15 Male

CHYINMUNK Lv 13 Female

Anyhow my list of errors is pretty big, though most of them are gramatical/tile errors. The scripting is really good and the menu is <3.
And the sprite difference is because he used RSE OWs and DPP OWs (RSE's are smaller). I got Eletux too!

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
@Koby1: I'm really happy that I chose you to test the game! That is EXACTLY what I wanted for it. A detailed, but easy to read and well organisated list of bugs and general comments of the game. I hope you're having fun while doing that =). What you have played is about 25% of the demo! There is much more to be played =p. As soon as possible I'll reply and explain all the bugs and correct them as well. I hope the other testers do what you did as well.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
@Koby1: I'm really happy that I chose you to test the game! That is EXACTLY what I wanted for it. A detailed, but easy to read and well organisated list of bugs and general comments of the game. I hope you're having fun while doing that =). What you have played is about 25% of the demo! There is much more to be played =p. As soon as possible I'll reply and explain all the bugs and correct them as well. I hope the other testers do what you did as well.

I am doing it in a screenshot LP to provide visuals, and who doesn't love LP's :D
Here's a little spoiler of the whole review. I've actually played up to Rochfale, but I'll finish putting the LP together later.
Spoiler:

ERROR.png

Enlarged the Pixel error but I have to go to bed now, SCHOOL STARTS TOMORROW!

koby1

The M4's Best Freind
Years
I am having so much fun with the beta. Its an honor to be a beta tester for Pokemon Uranium. 25% wow I should have a lot to look forward too, and im eagar to see whats past comet cave from demo 1.

@Ace Dragonite

I Love LP's but I wasn't sure if Jv would allow us to post some screenshot's that weren't errors. Also Electux is the best of the best combines 2 of my 3 favorite types water and electric. My third favorite is flying.. anywho good luck with the LP Ace...

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
^The stuff after demo 1 will be shown to JV only and JV may know what I'm talking about, but I just met a pokemon cooler than
Tributes_to_the_Pig_King_by_Involuntary_Twitch.gif
AND
iy1pcm.png
All I can say is that its quite mysterious and adds a fun twist to the story.

TO ALL BETA TESTERS! DO NOT GO IN THE BEACH REST HOUSE ON ROUTE 07, EVEN IF YOUR POKEMON ONLY HAVE 1HP LEFT! I'M NOT TROLLING YOU WILL LOSE YOUR PROGRESS, AND IF YOU WERE A MORON LIKE ME AND SAVE IN THERE, YOUR WHOLE FILE.

Last edited:

koby1

The M4's Best Freind
Years
Wow Ace that sucks.. well that's all part of being a beta tester.. finding the bad and horrible bugs that may have been released unnoticed.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Actually guys he also used a CALIS PROJECTS OW for Davern. Having three different types of OWs is not very good.
DAVERN.png

Anyhow I'd be willing to make some OWs for Uranium, JV.

Back