• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Am I the only one who likes ____?

TheLeetCasualGamer

Hi, I'm strange :3
Years
The unpopular Pokemon get their spotlight right here!

The rules for this are quite simple. Fill in the blank with any Pokemon that you like, but seems to be hated, disliked, or just unnoticed by many Pokemon fans. Say why you like the said Pokemon.

If you find someone posted a Pokemon you actually like as well, then you can quote the poster and place anything like "I also like ____" and you can put what you like about the said Pokemon as well.

Years
I recently started liking Cobalion a lot, he doesn't seem to get noticed too much, same thing goes for Pawniard/Bisharp, I love the way they look, especially shiny.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
I've found myself liking Ampharos, which I've rarely ever seen anyone use. I started liking Ampharos because I realized how powerful it is as well as how good its stamina is ever since I played Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness when Mareep was one of the Shadow Pokemon you catch near the beginning of the game. Now that I think about it, I believe I did train the Flaaffy you catch in Pokemon Colosseum too.

Sirfetch’d

Am I the only one who likes castform? It is very diverse and has a fantastic movepool. A perfect castform is Modest nature with Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball. It can cover most weaknesses. It is weaker, but I love it.

Yellow Silver Nostalgia

Those Were The Days
Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
^ Coballion is good but I expect more from a legendary design. Bisharp just looks to rigid and tool-like to be a living creature. Ampharos would be cool if it had shoulders. Castform is just a gimmick.

Am I the only one who likes the groovy Drowzee and Hypno?

Also, am I the only one who likes Rhyhorn but hates Rhydon/Rhyperior?

Years
I don't think that it's necessarily hated or disliked at all, but I've really started to like Butterfree over the past few years, and even use it as the powerhouse of my team (whereas most people might use it in their supporting cast at best). Having CompoundEyes gives Sleep Powder a 97.5% accuracy, which I've found has been crucial to many battles that I've had in the past, and combining it with Dream Eater has won me a lot of said battles.

I also really like all of the Unown, just not for battling. I thought that they were pretty unique with all their different forms, and really liked that they were able to star in their own movie. Even the addition of Unown ? and ! was exciting to me.

TheLeetCasualGamer

Years
I've found myself liking Ampharos, which I've rarely ever seen anyone use. I started liking Ampharos because I realized how powerful it is as well as how good its stamina is ever since I played Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness when Mareep was one of the Shadow Pokemon you catch near the beginning of the game. Now that I think about it, I believe I did train the Flaaffy you catch in Pokemon Colosseum too.

Actually, Ampharos is one of the more popular gen 2 Pokemon out there. Close to a fan favorite in my perspective so I'm pretty sure you're not alone ;)

Lemme try one now

Am I the only one who likes Purugly? Most would classify it as a Meowth nock-off but there always is room for more species of cats in the Pokemon universe. It's stats are decent to overall be more reliable then a lot of the other cat Pokemon and I feel it kind of symbolizes that beauty in one's life never last forever. It's also kind of cute in an odd sort of way.

Last edited:

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Huh? Almost everyone I talked to had Ampharos on their HG/SS playthrough team. Ampharos is great in-game in Johto or BW2 because you get it early and can develop it nicely.

I really don't keep up with all the trends anymore. I feel like I'm never the only person to use anything...

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Am I the only one who totally loves Tropius? It just has such an interesting design, albeit not being good for much in competitive battle (Phooey! I'm sure there's some way it could great battler).

Yellow Silver Nostalgia

Those Were The Days
Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
^ I never knew that about Butterfree. Wondered why it was so useful. Unown is ok but I wish it was shaped like something else other than the alphabet, unless that the story goes that humans got the alphabet from them. I don't really like Purugly because the design isn't very original, but as cats go, I wouldn't mind one.

I like Tropius but it's kinda weird that it grows bananas on its neck. I'd feel really weird about eating one of those. Is it vegan or not? Also I think I'm not alone in wondering how it can fly just by using a couple of big leaves.

Snowdrop

Years
^ That's what makes Tropius so awesome, it defies gravity by hurtling its massive sauropod body in the air with just four paper-thin wings LOL

Also... am I the only one who totally love Kecleon for all the same reasons as Tropius?

Yellow Silver Nostalgia

Those Were The Days
Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
Kecleon is beautiful, one of the most iconic Pokemon from 3rd gen, great to use in battle, but it's kinda unoriginal / crying out for an evolution.

TheLeetCasualGamer

Years
^ That's what makes Tropius so awesome, it defies gravity by hurtling its massive sauropod body in the air with just four paper-thin wings LOL

Also... am I the only one who totally love Kecleon for all the same reasons as Tropius?

I like Tropius for the design. Although I have to say as far as sauropods go, I'm more of a fan of Meganium.

As far as Kelceon, I thought it was a unique idea, just not really executed properly. Kind of like Plusle and Minun, I wanted them to be good, but I just can't find them useful.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I seriously like Deerling/Sawsbuck, haven't seen anyone use Sawsbuck on their team yet but I don't really talk to many Pokemon fans.

That's pretty much why I joined, LOL.

Oh, and Butterfree, Aggron, and Medicham are big faves of mine, also.

Snowdrop

Years
^ Oh gosh I LOVE Deerling/Sawsbuck. Great designs! I used one on my team in the metagame. I really wish I had access to competitive gameplay sometimes. He seems strong enough and he has a unique move. Was it Horn Leech or something? I found it to be really useful for sapping energy from foes.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
^ Oh gosh I LOVE Deerling/Sawsbuck. Great designs! I used one on my team in the metagame. I really wish I had access to competitive gameplay sometimes. He seems strong enough and he has a unique move. Was it Horn Leech or something? I found it to be really useful for sapping energy from foes.

Yep, it's Sawsbuck's signature move ;o;

75 damage (and it's a leeching move), and Sawsbuck has 100 base attack, so you know that thing is kicking butt. Especially with access to other moves like Jump Kick, Wild Charge, and Seed Bomb (if you wanna fluff out on Horn Leech for 5 extra damage) it's pretty underrated, imo.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I recently started liking Cobalion a lot, he doesn't seem to get noticed too much, same thing goes for Pawniard/Bisharp, I love the way they look, especially shiny.

COBALION IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE LEGENDARIES EVER IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL AND MAGNIFICENT YOU ARE LATE TO THE PARTY

I really really really really really love Petilil in case no one was aware. lol I think it got a lot of hype back when gen V Pokemon were first revealed, but still before names and I started calling it seed bby and a lot of PCers bandwagoned...but now that that's all over, it's died down so I feel like I'm the only one left of the seed bby empire. As it should be though! I'm the Petilil Princess obv. v_v -waves a stick around- I win. But anyway, it's always so sad when I evolve Petilil. I almost always use them in BW(2) and I have ummmmmmmmmmmmmm like...5 shiny Petilil and a shiny Lilligant if that counts lol. And you know, the weirdest thing is that I don't know what's so great about it. I first saw Lilligant (I was TRYING to avoid BW spoilers, including Pokemon) and I asked my friend to show me what it evolved from, because I wanted it when I got my game and then I saw it and freaked out cause it was cute and I said, "It's like a lil seed bby!!!!" So yeah. It's amazing for...being small, cute, and green. And it walks on its nubs and dances. idk bye!

Oh and I have a crocheted Petilil and a figurine as well. On the lookout for an official plushie as well. ODDLY ENOUGH THOUGH Petilil isn't my favorite Pokemon. Just the one I'm most obsessed with, lol. Umbreon is my favorite, but everyone and their mother loves Umbreon so it doesn't apply to this thread. v_v

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Am I the only one who likes Cradily? I normally hate Grass Pokemon. I normally - Aerodactyl excepted - hate Rock Pokemon. I normally hate ugly Pokemon. I normally hate slow Pokemon. Guess which critter falls into ALL FOUR CATEGORIES!? And yet, maybe all of the hatred I have for Cradily's individual components cancel each other out. I know that its typing leaves it witch much fewer weaknesses than your standard Rock and/or Grass critter; its lack speed can be a blessing with the right movepool; its design... is certainly distinctive, if nothing else! Maybe I just feel slightly sorry for it, but as Fossil Pokemon go, it's honestly up there in my estimation with the best of them. And by 'best of them', I mean Aerodactyl. :D

Sirfetch’d

Am I the only one who likes Cradily? I normally hate Grass Pokemon. I normally - Aerodactyl excepted - hate Rock Pokemon. I normally hate ugly Pokemon. I normally hate slow Pokemon. Guess which critter falls into ALL FOUR CATEGORIES!? And yet, maybe all of the hatred I have for Cradily's individual components cancel each other out. I know that its typing leaves it witch much fewer weaknesses than your standard Rock and/or Grass critter; its lack speed can be a blessing with the right movepool; its design... is certainly distinctive, if nothing else! Maybe I just feel slightly sorry for it, but as Fossil Pokemon go, it's honestly up there in my estimation with the best of them. And by 'best of them', I mean Aerodactyl. :D

You are not. I think Cradlily is extremely underrated and I too love it. Not as much as Aerodactyl though. But yeah, rock types are generally bad.

Back