• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hate For New Generation 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
The haters are annoying in my opinion. They'll probably end up liking it.
X and Y has some really awesome concepts and my only problem with it is that it is only on the 3DS :( So now I really need to upgrade to it :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2014
I see this generation getting a lot of hate if it's released without any form of backwards compatibility, but I sincerely hope that this is Game Freaks way of completely overhauling and revolutionising pokemon data, stats, and variables such as the IV and EV system.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 18, 2013
This looks s00000 awesome..I'm dying to get that mega blaziken. I honestly have mix feelings about that mega Mewtwo, it looks so OP. Also it seems that have something in place to make EV training a whole lot easier which is nice because its actually kinda annoying to defeat 4 pokemon to gain +1 stat before leveling. I absolutely must have this

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I think because they were the ones that said they absolutely knew that GameFreak wouldn't make another type, it would never be done. Maybe they're just upset they were wrong and are taking it out on the new type

No...I think its because they wanted Light Type. Majority of the people complaining were 100% certain that the new type was Light...since its been asked for since Gen 2.

As for the ones that didn't jump on the light bandwagon, they hate Fairy Type because its completely stupid. Doesn't follow stories/legends. They are all pretty much cute and cuddly creatures you'd see in a Disney movie. The overall idea was just dumb.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
No...I think its because they wanted Light Type. Majority of the people complaining were 100% certain that the new type was Light...since its been asked for since Gen 2.

As for the ones that didn't jump on the light bandwagon, they hate Fairy Type because its completely stupid. Doesn't follow stories/legends. They are all pretty much cute and cuddly creatures you'd see in a Disney movie. The overall idea was just dumb.

Sounds like they are mad to me lol

The idea isn't dumb , they are just basing it on the more modern interpretation of the fairy .
I doubt we have seen all the fairy pokemon maybe they have a balance, and if not so what it's pokemon of course it's going to have cute and cuddly monsters , heck even so of the pokemon who are supposed to be not cute is still sorta cute.

I'm still saying people are upset with this because they were wrong, lets face it I doubt any of you were fairy enthusiast before they announced it as a type .

Years
You're going to get the usual wave of "hate" or "disappointment" with every generation. People will still end up loving these games I'm sure, and Nintendo will still make a killing off of X&Y.

I feel that people's emotions are stronger in the generations with the most change, see Gens II, III, V, and VI.

Years
That's not what he's trying to say... He's trying to say that if you don't already have a 3DS, in his opinion it won't be worth it because a lot of the 3DS games stink. If X and Y isn't as good as it seems and it's the only reason you buy a 3DS, he's saying it will be a total waste of money.

And it's only your opinion that AC:NL was awesome. Just because one game that you liked on that system was nice doesn't automatically make his opinion awful. (I liked the game too, but it seems that what your saying is that one game made the whole system look amazing.)

And I agree, the Mario Kart and Mario 3D Land games were pretty bad. And don't forget Pokémon Rumble and Nintendogs.

Your kidding right? The 3DS has a plethora of amazing games. Weather it be KH: Dream Drop Distance, AC: New leaf, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (or the upcoming MH4), Mario Kart 7 (which if you actually played it you would know is the best mario kart to date), Ocarina of Time 3D, etc. The list goes on and on of great games.

The alternatives for mobile gaming are the Vita ( which has no software ) or Phones/tablets which have no quality games aside from ports from consoles/ emulators. So the 3DS really is a great investment if you want to game on the go even if X & Y are bad (Which they wont be).

Years
I agree, there are always going to be people who complain about the new things. I'm a fan of the Mega Evolutions, I didn't like them when I thought they were just regular evolutions because I felt any more evolutions were basically useless, but now that I'm seeing they're temporary and work basically as digivolutions do in Digimon, I like them. I think it's a really good idea.

I'm hoping for eventually a new way to meet your starter rather than "here's your Pokemon, go bond with it" i.e. Professor Birch being in trouble and you having to select a Pokemon to save him, and maybe some sort of possible legendary evolution (other than Baby forms like Phione/Riolu) or slide between a legendary duo/trio (say, the ability to use, for example, a weather-based move that turns Lugia into Ho-oh and vice versa at the cost of one move) but from what I've seen of Gen VI everything seems to be pretty neat. They incorporated a lot of things people were complaining about so it just makes me laugh that people are still complaining about it.

Hiresh

POKEMON LEGEND
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2013
Really like the 3D graphics but i dont like most of the pokemons
except pancham everyone likes pancham

Zekrom1066

Master of Ideals
Years
I don't really like the new generation, but I don't go to the extent of hating it, criticizing on everything bad about it and bashing it, just that I'm not really excited about the new Generation. Generally, I don't really care about how Generation 6 progresses though. Sad to say, but I think I would not change my opinion, as I don't really like changing views anyways... (Even if I decide to hate on it, I would only despise it secretly...)

Horde Encounters is like Mystery Dungeon all over again.

Then again, don't really like the Fairy-type either.

I don't like the Mega Evolutions. I have a feeling Game Freak is trying to dump random new forms on the more popular Pokemon, just like how they did with Mewtwo. This concept is similar to Digimon, and in my opinion, it's like taking away the Pokemon-ish feel. (If the Lake trio and Tao trio ever get Mega Evos, I swear I'm gonna shoot myself...) For example, I would prefer Zekrom to stay Zekrom, as that's what truly makes him(it) unique in his(its) own way.

Well, change may not necessarily be a bad thing, but I do feel that the series is changing too drastically. I would have preferred if the games don't change too much in just one go, such as the gap between Generation 5 and 6.

For me, I enjoy the games, as long as they're to my liking. I can accept changes made to the series, but not drastic changes. I personally would have liked it if the series did show obvious changes but still retained several original concepts. For example, I would have preferred if the Pokemon didn't gain new forms, because sometimes being yourself is more important, and that's what makes people or video games unique in their own way. I don't really mind rip-offs, but sometimes the uniqueness of the series has to be preserved to a certain extent. I do not mind even if the games stayed the same with a few changes from Gen 1 to Gen 5, as long as the main purpose of the series is still there, that's the main reason why I do enjoy video games.

The first ever Pokemon game I had was Platinum, the one I enjoyed the most so far was Black 2. As long I can have a decent game and build an army of Level 100s in the same old fashioned way or using similar methods, I am content enough. I'm referring to the game mechanic changes and new features from Gen 4 to Gen 5. For example, Join Avenue reduces the reliance on EV training. I still can build a Level 100 team using Join Avenue alone with $$$, which is somehow similar to EV Training the old fashioned way in Gen 4. Main point is as long as I can still achieve my main purpose of playing the game using the same or similar methods, I'm happy enough already. That's more or less why I don't mind if the series shows little or no changes at all.

I am neither a Genwunner nor one which gets so excited about new stuff, I am just an ordinary person who likes Pokemon. Genwunners can be annoying at times because they whine about the new stuff and cannot move on, while those who get thrilled about new stuff may also be annoying in another way. It's like they whine about people who don't like new stuff, such as the Mega Evos which at first glance seem appealing to them, and to a certain extent question the other person why do they not like this or that.

Example: HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE THIS?!! IT'S DAMN COOL AND EPIC!!!

The only thing I can say that it's a subjective question, everyone has their own preferences.

Note: I am not here to convince people that Generation 6 is bad, I am only stating how I view upon the new Generation. I may dislike the new Generation but nonetheless, I have accepted the changes GF did to Pokemon. Since I have accepted the changes, I wouldn't really whine about the new stuff, but I will still state my opinion if I want to. As in whether I like or dislike this, instead of coming out with a list of bad things and whining about it all day long endlessly.

(Well, if you don't like the game, then don't play or even purchase it. I'm not getting a 3DS anyways, and I wouldn't want to waste money on it. It's better to ignore the things you dislike rather than whine angrily about its faults.)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 8, 2013
I think there going to be amazing with the new graphics pokémon. mega evolutions look awesome. the new type (fairy) well change up battles online and to me over all to me they look like there going to be great and a fresh start on the series. the only ones I've seen hate on the games is the annoying gen one fan base.

Sirfetch’d

With every new generation, you are going to have fans state their distaste because "this isn't Pokemon anymore". I just block this out because Pokemon is still impressing me and I feel this gen is the best ever from what we have seen so far.

Years
With every new generation, you are going to have fans state their distaste because "this isn't Pokemon anymore". I just block this out because Pokemon is still impressing me and I feel this gen is the best ever from what we have seen so far.

Basically I agree with him. I know what it's like, every time I see a new generation announced and the news is getting revealed month by month, some fans throw hate on said generation due to new features and the appearances of the new Pokemon, but basically Game Freak's making the move forward, with new improvements and such and given how popular Pokemon has been for years there's a reason why it's still one of the biggest money-making gaming franchises, it's the second-biggest to be specific, only behind the Mario series.

To be honest, I'm impressed with everything X & Y has shown so far, it could essentially top 5th Gen as my new fave generation. Kalos is an impressive region, the Pokemon all have great designs and the features show this is easily a sign of improvements and some, like Mega-Evolutions were totally unexpected. And not to mention how epic the games look now they're in full 3D!

Years
For example, I would have preferred if the Pokemon didn't gain new forms, because sometimes being yourself is more important, and that's what makes people or video games unique in their own way.
I really like this. It's good to know that there are still people who are into these sort of things, after all, that's what Pokemon was founded off of----the little 'what did we learn today' at the end of each episode and in the games, and it's really making me happy that at least one person is still looking at that sort of thing. :3

Sirfetch’d

I think people would eventually warm up to these games anyway, once they get their hands on it. B]

As they usually do right? I totally agree with that and I feel most haters will later see that these games are probably the best so far. There has never been such a jump in improvement from one generation to the next, imo.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2014
It looks pretty promising, although I haven't gotten over the fact that I have to blow all that money on a 3DS now (good tactic, nintendo, but whyyyyy).

I just feel like this whole thing is designed for or by a girl, which is ok, since I am one. Brand new fairy type, being able to pet your pokemon now, camera, sylveon in general (I can't look at it the same way now that someone pointed out to me that it has bows made of flesh). I'll have to hear the cries they come up with to determine the girliness. I bet it's just how it seems so far. They haven't shown enough hardcore looking pokemon or any legendaries (besides the main ones) yet for any judgement to be made, but I have to say I REALLY love Yvetal. It's a really awesome looking thing, like the offspring of groundon and lugia. I like the squid pokemon (it looks really mean) and I REALLY REALLY LOVE the Mawile super-evolution. I've been saying it forever - Mawile and Sableye are in extreme need of an evolution. I am really disappointed that Mawile has to turn back after battle. Mawile is one of my favorite pokemon.
I just hope this new game isn't all prettiness. They need to make the games a little harder. Things used to be really hard, in the GBA games at least. To get the Regis in Ruby you have to do all this stuff, like have a relicanth and wailord and figure out the secret language in the hard-to-get-to-caves and do weird stuff to make them appear - it's all madness. It's far to easy in the new games.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I just feel like this whole thing is designed for or by a girl, which is ok, since I am one. Brand new fairy type, being able to pet your pokemon now, camera, sylveon in general (I can't look at it the same way now that someone pointed out to me that it has bows made of flesh). I'll have to hear the cries they come up with to determine the girliness. I bet it's just how it seems so far. They haven't shown enough hardcore looking pokemon or any legendaries (besides the main ones) yet for any judgement to be made, but I have to say I REALLY love Yvetal.

Pangoro and Woivern (along with Yveltal) are examples of vicious looking pokemon they revealed. Even though I personally have preference for the cute things like you, I do believe that they should pander more to the fanbase who likes aggressive looking pokemon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Pangoro and Woivern (along with Yveltal) are examples of vicious looking pokemon they revealed. Even though I personally have preference for the cute things like you, I do believe that they should pander more to the fanbase who likes aggressive looking pokemon.
Some beleive that the additon of Mega Evolutions is to pander to said fanbase who like aggressive looking Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back