Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

View Poll Results: Too much Mega Evolutions will impact the metagame negatively.
Yes 12 33.33%
No 12 33.33%
Yes, but it's not a real cause for concern. 12 33.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 14th, 2014 (03:32 AM).
Sven
Pure Power

Nature: Relaxed
Btw guys, has anyone played PMD with Pikachu and/or Shinx as partners. Which does fit the partner position better, story wise?

"The future you see is the future you get."
Old 3 Weeks Ago (12:20 PM).
TeunCornflakes
Unofficial PokéMusic Composer

So if you have a 6IV Ditto and breed it with the Pokémon you want, the offspring should just be 6IV as well? I really want to get that.

Friend Safari: Dark type
Sandile, Vullaby, Liepard

Not very active here at the moment, but I do check my inbox - PM if you want to add me.

Level up my card!
Old 3 Weeks Ago (12:25 PM).
Zekrom

Quote originally posted by TeunCornflakes:
So if you have a 6IV Ditto and breed it with the Pokémon you want, the offspring should just be 6IV as well? I really want to get that.
The baby isn't guaranteed to have all the IVs of its parents. Normally only 3 IVs between both parents are passed down. If you breed with one of the parents holding a Destiny Knot, 5 IVs between both parents will be passed down (in Gen VI).

My Trade Shop (currently open!)
Old 3 Weeks Ago (08:27 AM).
ActualRealJamz

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by Sven:
Btw guys, has anyone played PMD with Pikachu and/or Shinx as partners. Which does fit the partner position better, story wise?
Neither, the story works for any partner, but I recommend Shinx for the cute factor :3
Old 3 Weeks Ago (04:23 PM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by TrainerWren.
TrainerWren

Could someone explain to me h
ow exactly you can determine the IV's of one of your Pokemon? o:
I'm aware of the IV Checker in the Battle Resort but he only gives you a general ballpark, correct? How do folks figure out exact numbers?

Thank you in advance!
Old 3 Weeks Ago (04:58 PM).
Spartacus
There's always a choice
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
You can use IV calculators and it will show you the exact IVs, I think this is the only way you can find them out exactly.

Here is one, here is another (the latter only works for BW2 and previous generations).

Hope this helped :3
Old 3 Weeks Ago (05:15 PM).
TrainerWren

Quote originally posted by Mr. Avocado:
You can use IV calculators and it will show you the exact IVs, I think this is the only way you can find them out exactly.
Here is one here is another (the latter only works for BW2 and previous generations).
Thank you for the links! I tried out that first site and entered all of the requested information, but it's still only giving me a ballpark for some reason??
I'm not sure if I did something incorrectly. :x Here are the results I got from putting my Eevee's information into the calculator:

Eevee - #133 (Mild)
Female (♀)
HP: 3 - 14
Att: 15 - 27
Def: 13 - 24
SpA: 23 - 29
SpD: 26 - 30
Speed: 15 - 27

Old 3 Weeks Ago (05:24 PM).
Spartacus
There's always a choice
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by TrainerWren:

Thank you for the links! I tried out that first site and entered all of the requested information, but it's still only giving me a ballpark for some reason??
I'm not sure if I did something incorrectly. :x Here are the results I got from putting my Eevee's information into the calculator:

Eevee - #133 (Mild)
Female (♀)
HP: 3 - 14
Att: 15 - 27
Def: 13 - 24
SpA: 23 - 29
SpD: 26 - 30
Speed: 15 - 27

I think they only work if your Pokemon have just been caught or just hatched. You can try this one out, too.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (05:30 PM).
TrainerWren

Quote originally posted by Mr. Avocado:
I think they only work if your Pokemon have just been caught or just hatched. You can try this one out, too.
My Pokemon was just caught semi-recently, though (and has not battled or anything). ;_;
I'll go check out marriland's and see if I have better luck with that one!
Old 2 Weeks Ago (09:52 PM).
GhostyKirby

Does a pokémon with a maximum HP less than 16 receive any damage from the weather condition hail? If so, how much damage does it receive?

According to bulbapedia's page for hail, hail "damages each Pokémon for 1/16 of its maximum HP, unless it is Ice-type".
On bulbapedia's Damage page, in the Damage formula section there is a line of text that says "the result is rounded down as remainders are not kept. It is possible to do zero damage".
I am not sure if the "remainders are not kept" bit is intended to refer exclusively to moves that use the damage formula or to moves, weather, ailments, etc.
I am also not sure whether or not the game mechanics for hail do something like ensure that it does a minimum of 1 damage in cases like the one given in my question.

I think this may need to be tested.
Thank you
Old 2 Weeks Ago (09:57 PM).
Sir Pedro
Do you believe in GHOSTs?

Nature: Quiet
All damage in the game does a minimum of 1 HP worth of damage, unless the target is using a protective move, ability, etc.

I have done extensive research. Very extensive...
Old 2 Weeks Ago (07:09 PM).
CharizardRider22

I never thought about buying a Nintendo DS to continue playing the newer Pokemon games, due to me being old school and just enjoying playing the GBC & GBA Pokemon games. So I'm curious on if I do by the DS which Pokemon game is the best to play? Anything info helps
Old 2 Weeks Ago (07:36 PM).
Hikamaru
this is all yours
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'd be happy to give some advice!

First off, I think you'll get a greater deal if you get the 3DS, since you can play not only the current 6th Gen games on it, but also 4th and 5th Gen since the 3DS is backwards compatible with DS games.

If you want a great Sinnoh experience as far as the 4th Gen games are concerned, you'll definitely want to consider Platinum. Don't even bother with Diamond & Pearl because those games have a terrible regional Dex and is just soooooooooo slow. Platinum fixes up all those issues, along with having a more extended story.

HeartGold & SoulSilver are also worth playing if you want a more updated Johto. They capture the essence of the original Johto games but with the modern 4th Gen mechanics for a more balanced experience. Plus, it still keeps the unique postgame of exploring Kanto and rematching all the Johto and Kanto Gym Leaders, ending with a final battle against Red on Mt. Silver.

Now, for 5th Gen... I know lots of people hated this generation but I really love it. There's Pokemon that while may look unappealing, do at least have some great battle capabilities and interesting abilities. In my opinion, of the two paired games Black 2 & White 2 give you so much content, having the largest postgame of any Pokemon game to date. Black & White on the other hand are slightly less great but it's still worth a play if you want to see both sides of the Unova story since it and Black 2 & White 2 actually tie up a lot of the loose ends.

For 6th Gen, there's X & Y which has a lot of mixed opinion and there's a reason why. The Exp. Share mechanics got greatly altered this generation to the point that you can effectively get overleveled and lose all challenging elements of the game so you do have to be careful when to use the Exp. Share if you want a challenge, but on the positive end Kalos has a huge regional Dex allowing for flexible teambuilding options.

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire are on the other hand, full-3D remakes of the original Ruby & Sapphire, but all glorified with modern mechanics that finally allowed Hoenn to catch up with other recent games. It keeps the same Exp. Share mechanics from X & Y so again, be careful if you don't want to get overleveled. The postgame is at least a bit better than X & Y, since there's lots of Legendary Pokemon you can catch, along with some other various non-Hoenn Pokemon once the National Dex is unlocked.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (08:00 PM).
CharizardRider22

Quote originally posted by Hikamaru:
I'd be happy to give some advice!

First off, I think you'll get a greater deal if you get the 3DS, since you can play not only the current 6th Gen games on it, but also 4th and 5th Gen since the 3DS is backwards compatible with DS games.

If you want a great Sinnoh experience as far as the 4th Gen games are concerned, you'll definitely want to consider Platinum. Don't even bother with Diamond & Pearl because those games have a terrible regional Dex and is just soooooooooo slow. Platinum fixes up all those issues, along with having a more extended story.

HeartGold & SoulSilver are also worth playing if you want a more updated Johto. They capture the essence of the original Johto games but with the modern 4th Gen mechanics for a more balanced experience. Plus, it still keeps the unique postgame of exploring Kanto and rematching all the Johto and Kanto Gym Leaders, ending with a final battle against Red on Mt. Silver.

Now, for 5th Gen... I know lots of people hated this generation but I really love it. There's Pokemon that while may look unappealing, do at least have some great battle capabilities and interesting abilities. In my opinion, of the two paired games Black 2 & White 2 give you so much content, having the largest postgame of any Pokemon game to date. Black & White on the other hand are slightly less great but it's still worth a play if you want to see both sides of the Unova story since it and Black 2 & White 2 actually tie up a lot of the loose ends.

For 6th Gen, there's X & Y which has a lot of mixed opinion and there's a reason why. The Exp. Share mechanics got greatly altered this generation to the point that you can effectively get overleveled and lose all challenging elements of the game so you do have to be careful when to use the Exp. Share if you want a challenge, but on the positive end Kalos has a huge regional Dex allowing for flexible teambuilding options.

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire are on the other hand, full-3D remakes of the original Ruby & Sapphire, but all glorified with modern mechanics that finally allowed Hoenn to catch up with other recent games. It keeps the same Exp. Share mechanics from X & Y so again, be careful if you don't want to get overleveled. The postgame is at least a bit better than X & Y, since there's lots of Legendary Pokemon you can catch, along with some other various non-Hoenn Pokemon once the National Dex is unlocked.
Thank you this helps out a lot I appreciate how much detail you put into it, it helped me make my decision off the bat. I appreciate it!!
Old 2 Weeks Ago (11:37 PM).
Peitharchia
& having to receive it

It's good to see you jump back into Pokémon! DS generation isn't much of a bad path to start things off, in my opinion.

Anyhow, in addition to what Hikamaru has stated, I would personally recommend starting off with Johto games--HeartGold and SoulSilver--as the region comes before any Sinnoh and Unova. I've went with SoulSilver (mostly due to nostalgic reasons), but they're both more or less the same; I don't believe the choice would matter much! As far as Sinnoh games go, I definitely agree on selecting Platinum, as it's got updated features, mechanics, graphical style, and so forth.

Also, if you don't mind, I'll go ahead and merge your thread with General Quick Questions & Answers Thread, as the topic would likely fit better there. If you have any question about this move, please feel free to let me know any time, and I will gladly respond.

Thread merged.
Old 1 Week Ago (12:28 PM).
brygarde

Nature: Modest
Slowbro or Slowking? Which is the better one to go with, they seem pretty even.
Old 1 Week Ago (12:38 PM).
Hikamaru
this is all yours
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by brygarde:
Slowbro or Slowking? Which is the better one to go with, they seem pretty even.
Both are actually very good, they have the same stat total but it's distributed differently, with Slowbro having higher Defense and Slowking has higher Sp. Defense. Slowbro also has a Mega Evolution, which gains a huge boost to Defense and Sp. Attack.

They are fairly useful thanks to learning some interesting moves, but in the end it depends on which suits your playstyle.
Old 4 Days Ago (08:03 AM).
Free Roamer

The only Wonder Mail S generator I know doesn't have Pichu. So I ask of you, are there any Explorers of Sky players who have Wonder Mail S for recruiting Pichu?
Old 4 Days Ago (09:42 AM). Edited 4 Days Ago by Revise Librarian.
Revise Librarian
>> Piercing Conviction <<
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by Free Roamer:
The only Wonder Mail S generator I know doesn't have Pichu. So I ask of you, are there any Explorers of Sky players who have Wonder Mail S for recruiting Pichu?
As a fellow Mystery Dungeon player, I couldn't turn my back on this.

I think I know exactly which generator you're using, and you're correct that it does not list Pichu. However, if you have the link to the "Advanced Generator" (found here), then Pichu is listed along with many other untested features.

Try this one:

&KJK% Q@Y8W89 YS-@F
=57W8 @R#R0J= #X68X

I just tested it for myself and it SHOULD be working properly, but just to make sure, have you beaten the game yet? If not, I can't 100% guarantee you that it'll work, but it's still worth a shot.

If it does work properly, it should yield the following mission:

Mission: Rescue Pichu.
Client: Pichu
Restriction: None
Reward: Pichu joins your team

Wonder Mail S (US/AU):
&KJK% Q@Y8W89 YS-@F
=57W8 @R#R0J= #X68X

Good luck, and I hope everything works out!

"Clustering wishes will illuminate a new miracle...
Become the path that lights the way!"

Old 4 Days Ago (02:33 PM).
Free Roamer

Quote originally posted by Revise Librarian:
As a fellow Mystery Dungeon player, I couldn't turn my back on this.

I think I know exactly which generator you're using, and you're correct that it does not list Pichu. However, if you have the link to the "Advanced Generator" (found here), then Pichu is listed along with many other untested features.

Try this one:

&KJK% Q@Y8W89 YS-@F
=57W8 @R#R0J= #X68X

I just tested it for myself and it SHOULD be working properly, but just to make sure, have you beaten the game yet? If not, I can't 100% guarantee you that it'll work, but it's still worth a shot.

If it does work properly, it should yield the following mission:

Wonder Mail S (US/AU):
&KJK% Q@Y8W89 YS-@F
=57W8 @R#R0J= #X68X

Good luck, and I hope everything works out!
Thanks for linking to this advanced version, I didn't even know it existed

And I probably should have mentioned I'm playing the European version.
Old 4 Days Ago (03:43 PM).
Revise Librarian
>> Piercing Conviction <<
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by Free Roamer:
Thanks for linking to this advanced version, I didn't even know it existed

And I probably should have mentioned I'm playing the European version.
No problem!

Hmm, I see. Well, never fear! In case you haven't had the time to do so already, I just generated the same situation for the European version (and tested it):

X8-SJ F@W98@% K7YJR
RX8WQ 8#6#5&= Y0@K=

As before, I'm not exactly sure if it works differently if you haven't beaten the game, but if it does work, it should come out as this:

Spoiler:

Wonder Mail S (EU):
X8-SJ F@W98@% K7YJR
RX8WQ 8#6#5&= Y0@K=

Let me know if you have any problems getting that Pichu! I'm pretty sure there's one other way of recruiting one without Wonder Mail if worst comes to worst.

"Clustering wishes will illuminate a new miracle...
Become the path that lights the way!"

Old 3 Days Ago (03:59 AM).
Free Roamer

Quote originally posted by Revise Librarian:
No problem!

Hmm, I see. Well, never fear! In case you haven't had the time to do so already, I just generated the same situation for the European version (and tested it):

X8-SJ F@W98@% K7YJR
RX8WQ 8#6#5&= Y0@K=

As before, I'm not exactly sure if it works differently if you haven't beaten the game, but if it does work, it should come out as this:

Spoiler:

Wonder Mail S (EU):
X8-SJ F@W98@% K7YJR
RX8WQ 8#6#5&= Y0@K=

Let me know if you have any problems getting that Pichu! I'm pretty sure there's one other way of recruiting one without Wonder Mail if worst comes to worst.
Thanks, man! It worked!

(I don't like not being American...)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links