• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Can you post some pics of the new graphical updates?
Sure! Here's a few existing screenshots in which something was changed with this update:
CrystalDust_day.png
CrystalDust_silverkick.png
CrystalDust_elmcall.png
CrystalDust_whitney.png

There's more graphical changes, but I think it's cooler to find those in-game for yourself!
Also, minor bugfix update today. It fixes one string of text and soft-resetting on hardware.

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2024
Sure! Here's a few existing screenshots in which something was changed with this update:
CrystalDust_day.png
CrystalDust_silverkick.png
CrystalDust_elmcall.png
CrystalDust_whitney.png

There's more graphical changes, but I think it's cooler to find those in-game for yourself!
Also, minor bugfix update today. It fixes one string of text and soft-resetting on hardware.
That lab looks really cool!

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2014
question once a new beta is released how the hell will I repatch it? and will is still get my save game file? :/

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Wow I really like this screenie. Awesome jumping made by our character {XD}
Thanks!
DiegoIsAwensome? Can you explain me how are you add extra TOWN MAP to your game?
Mostly, plenty of ASM hacking.
That lab looks really cool!
Thanks!
question once a new beta is released how the hell will I repatch it? and will is still get my save game file? :/

Download the beta from the same link always...
Patch to a clean rom...
Better start a new game when you play an updated version
You don't have to start a new game EVERY time I release a minor update. It's only the major ones that add new content or fix some start-of-game bug that need to be started from the beginning.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
you don't actuall need to patch over it on visualboy advance you can just play from the .gba if you have the .ips in the same folder with the same name it makes updating way easier

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
This is the best second gen. remake I have ever seen!
More original and cleaner in mapping than other and cool asm stuff.
The FR style is also nice. The custom Gfx fits in perfectly.
Hopefully it will be finished sooner or later.

It seemed you are the only person who have managed to hack the glowing colour of rayquazas shilouette and the green colour when the Pokémon logo comes in.

Can you share the Offsets with us please?
That would be really cool for all Emerald hackers.
There are plenty other things you could add to your findings thread.

I read the hack would be very accurate to Crystal but will you add sevii islands and orange islands?
Sorry if someone ask that allready.

Good luck with this.

Last edited:

AF13unown

My english is bad xD
Years
i started new game with latest patch
but after down stair in my room, i was teleported to lilicove city

i mean violet city not lilicove, hahaha...
and i dont get pokegear from my mom

All stair in goldenrod city dept. Store is error
stair in underground entrance is error
stair in radio tower is error

Last edited:
Back