• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC Fitness Club

Wiilio

Friendly neighborhood fatman
Years
Sorry I've been gone! Work is starting to get pretty hectic. And it's not letting up anytime soon, just to let you know!

CWP, I haven't started with weights yet. I really don't have many weights in the first place. I will when I get back to school though. For now, just walking/running. I have definitively dropped under 230 now. Woot woot!

I suppose push-ups, crunches/sit-ups, and anything else I can do will follow shortly!

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Thank you for reading it Jericho and Impo! I really hope it helps you guys carve a sick beach body! Please tell me how it goes as you are the test subjects :P

Wiilio you should also check the beach body workout out I think it could really help you drop the pounds really quickly!

Ladies, I'll write up a female version for you all soon so just sit tight cause I know you are all getting so eager to have one for yourselves! "lol"

Is there anything else anyone would like to see, I'll be changing the gym workout tomorrow/tonight.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Well, I went from having a free night to working 6 hours, so maybe I'll start Monday.

I did a run today with an App called Zombies, Run! and I almost died doing interval training

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
How did you nearly die Impo? Shouldnt you be going better then that?

Female Version of the beach body workout! It's been edited and aimed more towards getting some beautiful legs and a fantastic booty! If you have any idea how to improve it or have anything youd like to add to it just say.

Spoiler:

Also put up a new gym workout.

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Asdfghjkl I'm so disappointed in myself for not starting the 6 week workout yet, but work was hectic

I ran again today, and it didn't even hurt that much. 5k, I feel I should step it up to 6 or 7 next time!

Years
Uh, the girl workout is wimpy. Just saying, I could do that right after I had my son. =P I'll do the male version in the afternoon, with P90X2 in the morning. I've been looking for a little extra before bed anyways. And I'll skip the diet (as Paleo is working great for me and I can't eat grains without puking. ;) ).

Just saw the request for a Paleo diet example? I'll give you a few examples of breakfast/lunch/dinners, I usually just rotate between these meals.

Breakfast -
2-4 eggs with steak, chicken, whatever meat is in the house, avocado. (my favorite)
Omelet.
Frittata.
Meat and veggies (I prefer spinach, kale, and other dark green veggies in the morning, but anything works).
Leftover dinner.

If I do a strength workout before breakfast, I usually throw in a sweet potato or two.

I see bacon/sausage as cheats because they are more processed, I'll have that once or twice a week. If I know I'll have a busy day and don't have leftovers, I'll hardboil some eggs the day before and maybe cook up some steak (I love cold steak, oddly) that I can get out of the fridge and go.

You don't have to do so many eggs, it's just easy and cheap and I like them. ;)

Lunch -
Generally a really big salad with meat and avocado. No dressing or a homemade (a la more natural) dressing.

I usually skip lunch, because I'm not hungry.

Dinner -
Meat and veggies. On workout days, higher carbs.
Some of my favorites:
Chicken Curry
Taco filling salad (pretty much, no taco. ;) )
Chicken Salad
Apple and Apricot Pork Chops
Fajitas (no tortilla)
Grilled chicken/steak on the BBQ
Beef stew

The rule of thumb is - no snacks. If you're still hungry, eat more during one of the meal times. Also, don't drink your calories. So, for drinks - water.

At the end of the day, if you're trying to lose weight, you want to stay under 100g of carbs. If not, 150-200 maintains, more than that often causes you to gain weight (if that's your goal, that's fine of course). Protein, you want .8-1.2 grams/kg of body weight. Fat, enough to keep you full. When you go Paleo, you often get fat adapted, so you use fat for energy rather than glucose/carbs.

Primal, for those curious, is pretty similar, only a little less strict - primal allows dairy for those with no adverse effects and doesn't mind rice/potatoes as much as paleo seems to. I'm probably a little more primal than paleo on a general basis.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, when you buy your food, get the most natural, unprocessed version you possibly can. If you have to buy conventional meat, get leaner cuts. Veggies - frozen is often fresher, because they get frozen right when they're gotten from the fields. I try to get local grassfed beef and local, freerange chicken, local veggies that I freeze if I can, and when I have milk, I usually go with raw milk from a trusted farm.

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Thats good to hear Impo! You're definitely getting fitter then! Yay for you.
I recently took the last week off working out/exercising because I was starting to feel really run down :S But back into it this week! Another yay!

Haha I know its pretty wimpy Fiown but its more for girls that really don't work out at all and arent very fit and want to improve that quickly before summer etc. I dont really expect someone like you to even be interested in it xD

Thats for writing that up, I might condense it down a lil bit then put it on the front page for everyone to see :) Snacking during the day is the wayyy toooo goooooooooooooooo! Just don't have junk food ;) My snacks are like tuna and fruit :P

Also you dont really need to have under 100g of carbs, if you want to lose weight all you really need to do is have less calories than you burn in a day.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
Username: Evanlyn
Why you're joining: Because I am seriously unfit. Like seriously, I have a high motabolism, so I can eat basically anything and not get any bigger, but I am sooo weak and unfit it's crazy.. so anyway, joining to try to get fitter :)

How do you feel about working out/exercising with other people? Do you prefer doing it alone where no one can see you or do you prefer having other people with you? Why is this? I am not comfortable exercising with others around. Mainly because.. I suppose I'm embarrassed by my lack of fitness / strength..

What is your fitness goal? At the moment? To be fit enough to run 1.2KM for a camp I go to each year..
How long have you been working out for? Basically.. never; I sometimes hop on my exercise bike, and occasionally go out for a short jog, but that's it.
What is your motivation to work out? My friends who are really active.

Years
Also you dont really need to have under 100g of carbs, if you want to lose weight all you really need to do is have less calories than you burn in a day.

Oh, I know, I was just quoting primal/paleo. If you're careful with your carb intake, you'll lose fat faster. But being at a deficit will do the same thing, if you're eating well and not starving your body. It's just an easy number for people to work towards (and honestly, very easy to stay under if you don't eat processed foods).

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
OOOOOO imma have to join this.

Username: Dark Azelf
Why you're joining: Im do a bit of bodybuilding and also doing a course to become a personal trainer next year as im a already a qualified gym/spinning/circuit instructor. My goal eventually is pretty much get as big as i can be naturally. Im only small height wise so yeah. =P

Height: 5'5
Weight: ~152 Lbs
Bodyfat: about 12-14% as ive just come off a bulking cycle and part way into a cut atm.

Im trying to cut up for summer to get some definition going currently which is proving annoying to say the least (i.e ~8% bodyfat). =/ Using a ketogenic diet (<50g carbs per day[bar before and after workouts to replace lost muscle glycogen]) extremely high protein diet (Also alot of veg. :) ) (1.5-2.0 grams of Protein per lb of body weight) to stop muscle wastage and force your body to burn fats as energy since that is the only real diet ive had success with for definition.

A typical day would somewhat go like this on my cutting diet;

Breakfast:
4 eggs (remove a couple of yolks)
Protein Shake
Hand full of Peanuts
(Other supplements i take: Fish Oil, Multivit Tablet, Cissus Quadrangularis (awesome natural supplement) and Creatine Monohydrate)

Mid Morning Snack
A piece of fruit and some form of various cooked meat

Lunch
Steak and a Load of veg

Tea
Some nuts or cheese or something like Turkey ham, something random and low in carbs i.e peanut butter.

Supper
Grilled Chicken and Cheese Salad
Protein Shake

Around my workouts ill have things like Oats, Juice or something else. I usually have simple carbs rather that complex for quick energy.

As for when im bulking up my diet changes quite dramatically. My calorific intake increases to about 2600+ ish per day give or take. I have Oats for breakfast with Honey, Peanut Butter, whole fat milk and Protein Shake mixed in which about 1000 calories and im not so concerned with carbs and i eat alot of complex carbs like Brown Rice, Brown Pasta and Brown Bread.

Ive only been bodybuilding for a year so still along way to go. Currently weight train 3x a week in split routine which is essentially the following;

Day 1: Biceps, Chest, Forearms
Day 2: Rest
Day 3: Triceps, Back and Abs
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Shoulders, Legs and Abs
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Rest

Obviously sometimes this changes because of work etc but yeah.

I do interval training on my workout days which is 4 sets of 45 second sprints on a ridiculously high intensity split up by 4x45 second slow jogs.

I go really heavy when lifting as i find thats how i make the most progress 6-10 reps x 4 sets. I do 3 exercises per major muscle to failure and like two for others.

But here are some pics for progress etc.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Welcome Evan! We can definitely help you out with dieting and workouts here, we'll get you doing that jog EASILY! Theres plenty of workouts for you too use and IM sure more are about to come.

Azelf, thanks for joining! I can see you being a very valuable member to the club indeed, with those qualifications and such. Is there any workouts you want to contribute, maybe a beginners workout or something like that? And dietary stuff would be fantastic! I'm definitely going to add it too the front page.
Also awesome more pictures! I am excited to see the progress. I think seeing how bodies develop is really cool. You should take a photo everyday and turn it into an epic time lapse. That would be amazing!

That is true fIOWN, I'll be honest I havent really paid much attention to my diet as I just eat what I'm given but thats definitely going to change when I move out :P So any dietary plans/ideas are very welcome to me. :)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Glad to join. :) Ill post some more pics but i need to get them onto this laptop first lol.

Also a fantastic tool for those of you looking into any part of dieting would be this;

The following calculator is to be used for maintenance. If your goal is weight loss, adjust your daily caloric intake by decreasing it by 500. If weight gain is your goal, increase the maintenance by 500.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutcal.htm

Really helped me set my diet goals and boundaries. Some of you may find it useful. :)

These are the guidelines i use, everyone is different but i find this the most effective;

Complex Carbs (e.g oats, brown bread rice and pasta) are the ones you SHOULD eat. Simple (i.e sugary/starchy carbs; white bread, pasta, rice, potatoes) carbs get broken down fast and the body stores it as fat if you dont use it quicky, so only eat simple carbs pre for energy and post workout to replace glycogen. Like 50 grams id recommend.

*<50 grams of carbs per day for rapid weight loss along with the calorie deficit intake provided by that calc. You NEED to keep your protein high (1.5-20 grams of protein per lb of body weight) for this or the body will break down muscle tissue for energy. Eat lots of natural healthy fats (steak, peanuts etc) for energy also. This is the one im using at the moment to strip myself of bodyfat and get definition. Not recommended for prolonged periods.

*50-100 Grams of carbs per day for gradual weight loss along with the calorie deficit intake provided by that calc.

*150 Grams of Carbs maintenance. See calc for calories

150-200 grams: gradual weigh gain. See calc.

*250+ grams. You'll either pile on weight and become obese or you run marathons lol.

When im bulking up i tend to shoot the 150-200 grams of carbs per day and i weigh 152lbs, so my bulking range would be 3236 calories per day. Maintenance would be ~2700kcal with 150 grams carbs and weight loss would be ~2100kcal with 50-100 grams carbs.

Eat as much veg as you want, fruit is ok slightly sugary though so try and limit this. Natural fats are great, all meats are great. Beans are great so are nuts. Dairy products are great. Basically try and eat as natural as you can and keep your protein intake at 1.5-2.0 grams per lb of bodyweight per day if you want to maintain and build muscle. Drink like 1-1.5 gallons of water a day.

As for beginner workouts id suggest are just do body weight exercises to start off with (i.e: push ups, pull ups, crunches, v-sits, squats, planks etc) there are LOADS, you can throw some resistance machines in there but those are meh imo and are very limited in what they do. vipr and TRX are awesome for beginners also because you can do lots of different things with them. Honestly there is more of a benefit out of body weight exercises than resistance machines imo. Ill use an example, my friend used machines alot and when he picked up his first barbell he could not keep it stable at all because he was so used to the machines keeping the stability for him lol. Move onto free weights after once you've built yourself up a bit after bodyweight. Bodyweight exercises are just awesome no matter what stage you're at though.

Ill post an example workout later and go into more depth if anyone requires, im short for time so i may have missed something.

EDIT:

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/crumcake.html

This is another example of a cutting diet.

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Oh thats some really good information for people who need help with dieting indeed Azelf! Thanks heaps about that, I think we are on our dietary discussion haha!

Has anyone heard of the Zone Diet? I read about it a week or two ago and was thinking of looking into it a bit more. Would anyone be interested in any information on it I found, I think its a diet for cutting down from what I remember.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Yay I'm continuing my running regime, a total of over 160km now!

And I thought with holidays I'd be able to focus more on fitness and health but nope, my work is being a be-atch

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
joining n__n lol

Username: dragonomega
Why you're joining: I thought it would be nice to read other peoples suggestions of how to get fit/lose weight and to contribute my own ideas which are lacking right now. (I am writing up something that I don't think has been mentioned).

My topic answers;
Spoiler:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Getting up there Impo! You're definitely going well!
Naww are you not having enough time to work out? Would you prefer a shorter regiment so you can fit it in easier? Would anyone else like workouts that take only 30 minutes max?

Welcome!!
I'd really like to see more dietary discussion as well Dragon! This is why I'm going to look into the zone diet for a bit for some members to try out.
Bacon is great I have it all the time!
Maybe you should try having brown rice and pasta since it has more complex carbs that are good for you! Just remember you should be exercising a lot if you're going to be eating a lot of carbs!

Naww so you don't like working out with people around either? Did you know it actually helps you as you can push yourself harder with people around which is a good thing! yay!

Also I changed the home workout and I might try and change the gym workout in a few days as well, does anyone else want to contribute a gym workout?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
@ dragonomega

Well for the most part your diet seems ok. Btw bacon is ok, its a natural fat and has many less saturated fats than most other popular meats. Its also a good source of protein and fats also elevate testosterone levels which has a positive effect on muscle just dont overdo it and you should be fine with that. You are eating alot of simple white carbs though which is rather bad, switch to brown bread/pasta/rice and complex carbs. Slower to digest and so the energy is released more gradually. White stuff just goes straight through you spikes your insulin because it gets converted to sugar rather fast and puts you in fat storing mode because your body cannot use all of that. Another benefit is you will feel fuller for longer because of the longer breakdown. The ONLY times you should eat simple carbs are pre and post workouts. Pre for quick energy and post to replace lost glycogen in muscles from exercise. Not much though about 50-70 grams is all you need. Otherwise stuff like cake, white bread etc is a big big no no in dieting lol. Best just avoid cake etc all together. Might want to eat more protein though. When you gain muscle thanks to the protein intake you will seem a LOT more toned up. Plus the more muscle you gain the more calories you burn due to them needing the calories to function.

I could post a few things/exercise program you could do at home if you'd like that will help you tone up ? Bike riding is good for toning the legs and also cardio so keep at it. :)

Also http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutcal.htm is an amazing tool to know how many calories you should be eating. Something people often make a mistake of is not eating enough calories in a day. Its like a double edged sword, if you eat too much you get fat and if you dont eat enough you get fat because your body goes into starvation mode, your metabolism slows down and you start to store fat because your body is like "oh crap im not getting enough nutrients -stores-". The body then breaks your muscle down as energy and you become "skinny fat". I made that mistake many years ago cos i wasn't eating enough so trust me, i was skinny and fat at the same time junk looked redic lmao! Anyway ill stop rambling but yeah that calc is awesome. :)

Hope this helps a little.

EDIT:

Ive lost 4lbs from two weeks ago and looking slightly more defined ab wise i maintained all of my muscle too (@ 148lbs now). Ive reintroduced about 120ish carbs a day now ive lost some of the weight from my bulk up for gradual weight loss rather than the steep weight loss of a ketogenic diet (hate so much leaves me drained at hell and i fele like snapping people up lol). Still on a calorie deficit diet tho (2100 a day) Ill post some pics later also.

Annnd a beginner exercise program, been busy so yeah that should be up sooonnnn lol.

edit:2

The zone diet sounds cool. I dont really know much about that though. :(

Has anyone heard of intermittent fasting ? Its basically where you cram all your calories/protein in like an a 6-8 hour window say ( say 2pm -8pm) and then dont eat for 24 hours. Done once a week. Apparently it makes the fat drop off of you and raises the human growth hormone level (extremely useful for gaining muscle) so you feel fresh and hyperactive the next day. (Also you dont lose muscle as muscle breakdown only occurs after like 48 hours of continuous fasting).

Last edited:

Flute

Full-time loser
Years
Hey, I've been a boxer for six years. Would it be okay if I shared the routine I started on, even if I don't join the club?

This is a great club, the only reason I don't think I should join is because I don't feel I would be as active and I need to be.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Dark you really contribute so much good stuff to the club it is so so helpful! I'll get to writing up some stuff on the Zone Diet for you all soon, promise!

And Flute of course you can share your routines, it doesnt matter if youre part of the club or not anything that could help out mother people is welcome!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
So since I joined literally the only exercise I've done is spending like 2 hours on Just Dance and going on the Crosstrainer for like an hour a day. It's still roughly 3 hours but idk ))): But today is my college 'taster' day meaning I have to go there and do dance so I'm gonna die omfg

Back