• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Community Hack [Discussion]

Would you help make a Community Hack?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
How long did you have to wait? I terminated it after about 8 mins. Maybe there's some restrictions to countries? I'm in Canada.
Like 30 seconds, max.
I doubt Canda would be blocked if there were.
Darth, when are we going to close applications for selecting field leaders? Saturday seems like a good date.
I'd like to give it at least a week from when I made that post.

Years
If you're using a mac, see if there's a mac version

It's a PC. There's never really been an explanation for it. It's one of the first things I installed when I got this computer years ago and it has never failed to crash on an incoming or outgoing call. EVER. So now I use google chat :)

EDIT: Also, since this has become more than just a "discussion," perhaps Darthatron should begin a new thread so he can post status updates in the OP. Things like "Deadline for Field Leader Applications is ____", "Current Projects: developing storyline and mapping starter town"...things like that. And it would be useful for keeping a running list of everyone who has committed to helping, and in what areas.

Last edited:

marcc5m

what
Years

Jim Boob

Freelance Mapper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 7, 2016
Also, since this has become more than just a "discussion," perhaps Darthatron should begin a new thread so he can post status updates in the OP. Things like "Deadline for Field Leader Applications is ____", "Current Projects: developing storyline and mapping starter town"...things like that. And it would be useful for keeping a running list of everyone who has committed to helping, and in what areas.

This is a good idea I am losing track of whats being said on this thread, Having a op to look at and quickly know what is happening would be a relief.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Probably should have a new thread for signups, but just in case not:

Position (multiple if necessary): Mapping/programming
Proof of Ability (if applicable):
Maps:
Older-

Newer-

Scripts: (text removed cuz of spoilers. Also some movements seem funny because some scripts are from Emerald and the tool is mostly for FR, but they work)

Comments (if applicable): I can also do writing, and story ideas. Those are fun for me, and I like to think I'm pretty good at coming up with new stuff.

Last edited:

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
OK, time for my official application then...

Position (multiple if necessary): Head of Programming
Proof of Ability (if applicable):
Using (Berry) Bag for Item Selection
Seasons in Fire Red - One of my older works, dynamic palettes. It has other applications.
Some small ASM work on Pokemon Grey This included dynamic textbox pallets depending on the time of day.

You can also find a few of my other ASM hacks/memory discoveries that I unfortunately never released the source to on my YouTube. Totally regret that now that the hard drive they were on got corrupted. Here's a sign thingy that I did in ASM, but it had text and the pink was transparent. I never took a picture of the finished product, which was very bad on my part:
signnew.png

Lastly, I think you remember this beauty:
main_zps1343d238.png

That's in Fire Red, all ASM. so if you wanted, once I polish it and release the source, you could make it anything you want, ie Professor Rowan's suitcase, a table with PokeBalls on it, etc. If you want a video, I could do that, but I was lazy and opted for a picture. If you want more on this, you can view my Photobucket ASM diary thingy.
Comments (if applicable):
I've done a bit more than what's above, but I unfortunately never released it. Still, I think this amount of experience will suffice. I look forward to doing some epic ASM hacks from the community project. :D

If you're using a mac, see if there's a mac version
There's a Linux version, so I'm pretty sure they have a Mac version.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Position (multiple if necessary): Story Development or Head of Story Development. If I'm not applicable for either of those, Scripting

Proof of Ability (if applicable): Hm...that's pretty tough. I don't consider my old hacks to be proof of current ability, and in the past couple of years I've written several game ideas and roleplay characters. So, I guess the best way to gauge this would be through the latter, since my roleplay characters are pretty much the only currently published works that tell how well I can craft a story. So, here are four of the latest characters in my repertoire.

Adam Randi
Daniel Williamson
Kion Gavin
Kion Fenela

There are also a plethora of posts by me in the Roleplay Corner. The game ideas I could post, but that's one of those things that I'm a little paranoid about posting for a number of reasons.

Comments (if applicable): While I'm not into fanfics or posting poems and the like, I have a passion for writing; it's largely where my interest in scripting comes from. Writing speech for characters, giving people backgrounds, and making stories with coherent and airtight plots has always been something I've really enjoyed, and as such, I'd love to see that shine through in this hack, with or without me as a part of the story development team.

Other than that...if it comes down to it, and I am to produce an impromptu story for the sake of applying, I will.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Keep the applications coming, so far no one wanted to volunteer for music (just saying, if you want to get a leader position that's your easiest entry point).

I feel kinda motivated to make an application, but at the same time I know there's not point. What to do, one week is a long time ;/

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Now that this is officially off the ground, we need an thread under Darthatron's control so that things can be better coordinated through the first post. Click here to be redirected to the new thread.

Without further delay, this thread is now closed~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back