• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Dream World: Version 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
To GameFreak employees:

Years ago, when the games were first released, we not only introduced a new region for players to explore, but a new world. Unfortunately due to disinterest we shut it down two years ago.

However I have some good news. We've recieved word from my higher ups that the Dream World is going to come back and we're in charge. 'It all comes together' meant relaunching the past.

I need each and every one of you to help me plan out the new Dream World. The important questions are:

1. What medium will the Dream World be on? With the future of mobile gaming looking bright, should we market it towards mobile users or the average Internet user?

2. I want to change the layout. I don't like that the Dream World is turn by turn. I want to make it interactive as possible. How can we do this?

3. What new areas should we add?

4. How will we make sure this doesn't fail?

5. Draw any ideas that we can storyboard.

... You heard GF! Seriously though, if they were to bring back Dream World how do you think it'd play out? Feel free to discuss any of the points I mentioned. I'll reply to them later :) Hey you never know if we come up with a great idea it could happen!

Years
I'm picturing a Mystery Dungeon-like sidegame for Dream World, but unlike Mystery Dungeon, it'd connect to the main series games and you'd be able to transfer pokemon from the sidegame to the main one. You'd play it on the same device that you'd play the main series games on - no need to get your computer or phone involved.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That's pretty cool. Would you have to buy it outright or would it be free to play?

If it's the latter I think you could probably get away with say... $5 lets you take back 10 extra Pokémon each week or will get you 10 extra encounters. Something like that would easily convince people to buy the extra. The dream world felt not fully complete back then (with all the maintenence) so if it was picked up again I think they could get away with pay to win if the content was enhanced enough.

Years
It would cost money to download - I prefer having features available right away so I know it's worth it, and I despise the microtransactions in apps like Pokemon Shuffle.

In your main game you would pay in-game currency to buy furniture and stuff, or encounter more Pokemon in Dream World II, the side game.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I suppose that's fair... although what would be a good price that doesn't either fall short of being profitable and is easily purchasable for people? It could be like Pokémon Bank - $10 for a year. But is it worth it if only a select group will use the Dream World now? Will it be constantly maintained?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back