• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shining Opal [FULL GAME RELEASED]

LightSlei

ExtremelyHyperNerdTestGam erGuy
Years
Well I finished my replay through of it.

Hope you enjoy.

Diego: If I take something down it means I plan to re-do it because I am confident I can do better.

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2014
dude, how do you justify calling this a beta 2? at this rate you'll be up to beta 37 before we have the full game! still, it may only be one town but it was really good. i like the mew/pikachu hybrid.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I've never got around to commenting on this before, so i'll do it now.

From the screens, it looks quite good, however, there's not very much to go by.
From the Hacks Showcase forum rules, this shouldn't even be in the Hacks Showcase, as it doesn't have 10 screens, or "signifigant progress"...
But, I've played the previous SO(Before the restart) and it was amazing.
I'll play the beta now, and, good luck!

Opalescent

Ninja Mapper
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2012
Hmmm none too shabby. Mikachu??.... Alrighty... Rather have me Torchic but okee dokee. Looking pretty snazzy on the whole.

Edit: Mikachu is too cute I've decided, and I love it!

Last edited:
Years
I don't know why but I don't like Mikachu. Btw. You should update some screenshot so people can see how is going your work. It is your hack, so can make any way you like but please think about people are they like your story. I don't likd mikachu but thats not mean I hate your hack. I really like it. Keep it up. I am waiting for new beta for play.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Mikachu Is awesome :D

That was a great idea
you did there
keep it up :P

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
This is, what, the fourth time I've tried to do this? I really should save my posts to a text document...

Anyways, it's mailbag and update time!
The screenshots are nice, I'd defiantly want to see more, the only problem I have is with the title screen, the font just doesn't look good.
I really don't know what font FR's title screen uses. If anybody could help me out, it would be great.
it seems you haven't done much in your hack......have you got no maps of the game? because i don't want to download it if its not yet finished or far enough........
B2 goes up to the 4th town, Klindor City. B3 will go double that.
Look very nice ^^ i like it...i played it and are a very nice hack for your free time...
Thanks!
Well I finished my replay through of it.

Hope you enjoy.

Diego: If I take something down it means I plan to re-do it because I am confident I can do better.
I really enjoy watching people play though my game. Although, looking back on it, B2 was really crummy...
dude, how do you justify calling this a beta 2? at this rate you'll be up to beta 37 before we have the full game! still, it may only be one town but it was really good. i like the mew/pikachu hybrid.
Yeah, B3 should go double what B2 went. Thanks for the encouragement!
i can't download it. it just comes up random letters when i click the link
I don't know what's up with your browser. Everyone else can download it just fine.
I've never got around to commenting on this before, so i'll do it now.

From the screens, it looks quite good, however, there's not very much to go by.
From the Hacks Showcase forum rules, this shouldn't even be in the Hacks Showcase, as it doesn't have 10 screens, or "signifigant progress"...
But, I've played the previous SO(Before the restart) and it was amazing.
I'll play the beta now, and, good luck!
Yeah, I know that I don't have enough screens yet. Don't worry, I'm updating them this week.
the mew/pikachu cross is a pretty naff idea, sorry to say. Hybrid pokemon are made just for a laugh, not for actual games.

I like the idea of Mikachu. If you don't then just don't play it.
I agree with Swimmer Ryan. Nobody forces you to play hacks, or video games for that matter. If you don't like Mikachu, then just go to some other, less Fakemon thread.
cool i have played this and it was pretty cool...
Thanks!
Hmmm none too shabby. Mikachu??.... Alrighty... Rather have me Torchic but okee dokee. Looking pretty snazzy on the whole.

Edit: Mikachu is too cute I've decided, and I love it!
Thanks for all the compliments, everyone!
I don't know why but I don't like Mikachu. Btw. You should update some screenshot so people can see how is going your work. It is your hack, so can make any way you like but please think about people are they like your story. I don't likd mikachu but thats not mean I hate your hack. I really like it. Keep it up. I am waiting for new beta for play.
Again, thanks for your replies. Like I said earlier, I'm updating the screenshots soon.
how to get vankret pass??? help
You can get the Vantrek Pass by talking to the "nerd" in the Pokémon Center.
Mikachu Is awesome :D

That was a great idea
you did there
keep it up :P
Thanks!

Finally, here come the updates!
Updates - 4/19/2010

Guess what? For those who didn't hear it the first time, Shining Opal is currently undergoing a HUGE revamp. This means:

• Non-cheesy events
  • Better graphics and tiles
  • New music
  • New characters
  • New title screen
  • Better, less square maps
  • A fresh, clean storyline
Not only that, progress has been going along at an extremely fast pace!

• Lake Zigger finished and done with!
  • Route 1 finished and done with!
  • Vantrek Pass (the new area) finished and done with!
  • Vantrek City is currently being worked on!
I'm extremely sorry that I haven't been releasing updates! I really wanted to get a lot of work done before the public showing (and my post keeps getting deleted).

Now, finally, here are the screenshots!

shiningopaltitlescreen.png
shiningopalmartguy.png
shiningopalmartmail.png

shiningopalsupwoman.png
shiningopalziggerlab.png
shiningopaldiegoearly.png

shiningopaldiegobattle.png
shiningopalpsytricgrunt.png
shiningopalpsytricgrunt.png

By the way, the Team Rocket images are just temporary.
Respond with what you like and don't like, and respond fast!

Last edited:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Wow! Cool, looking title screen. Are you looking for someone to beta test this? I'd be more then glad to do it.

Fire Blazer

Gomu Gomu no...
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
w00t! Updates!

The maps look refreshing and as Konekodemon said the title screen is nice.

I'm ready for Mikachu!

bobman1234

Honorary hobo caterpie
Years
I really like this hack, but when the intro is over, the little message that is right before the start screen is glitched up, but it does not effect anything. Btw, I love the edited music, especially this intro music, keep it going! Hey when I was in the first route looking for pokemon, I was pressing the space bar to speed up, I found one but my game just crashed, can you please fix that bug?

Last edited:

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
Years
can you please fix that bug?
> Caterpie avatar.
LOLOLAOALAOALAKPAKAPFKDFPK.

This is a really good hack. I've completed the beta three times now and I am looking forward to the next update. So many things about the hack just click into place and make it a enjoyable hack - probably one of the best on PC. It's too bad that it's so early in production, or I would really consider a recorded play-through of it.

Klofkac

He's back!
Years
Updates - 4/19/2010
Hello, I'd like to play your updated version of Pokémon Shining Opal, but I can't find the download anywhere. On the first page there is only old version.
Where I can find it? And have you ever released the download for the newest big update?
Anyways, your hack looks very good, I'm looking forward to playing it.

Years
Omg! i love it,more than the older style of the hack.Really awesome combinations,tiles and sprites,very good pallets and all are good.Waiting the new release.

PS: Your name is Diego?

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
Awesome. I remember playing you hack a long time ago. I was really disapointed when it ended so quickly. I hope the next release will be very soon cuz i want to play forever!

tjwilliams24

Gone.
Years
Hey Diego, I really liked your hack. I think every one who disliked Mikachu is crazy, I personally loved it. I was just wondering how you are progressing on the hack, I really don't wanna see this die. =]

Back