• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
First of all I love the tileset. The colours feel natural and just work, which I feel is one of the most important things and a shortcoming of many tilesets.
Otherwise it's a great first route, even if it is a little bit on the short side. It's simple, directs the player, and has enough intrigue too. Only thing I'd contemplate changing is removing a patch of grass or two to the left of that signposts, it just feels a little cluttered. Otherwise 10/10

Players enter from 'Route 1' via top left. Not exactly a route, just an important map in terms of plot points and setting the tone. Trying to get that abandoned overgrown feel, there aren't any sprites outside so hopefully it doesn't feel too cluttered. Incidentally my first 'map', cc is desperately wanted. Hoping to recolour and add some custom tiles in the future, focusing on layout and the general feel of things atm.

Review:
Spoiler:

-------

Here's my map. Background info is it's the second town you visit and being on a stranded island, this town has resorted to cannabilism after a town member locked himself in the big building and they tried to destroy the building. Blah blah that's mostly story so here's the image let me know what you think (obviously the right and top exits are unfinished because I didn't start those next maps yet. You enter from the left):

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 18, 2013
Here's my map. Background info is it's the second town you visit and being on a stranded island, this town has resorted to cannabilism after a town member locked himself in the big building and they tried to destroy the building. Blah blah that's mostly story so here's the image let me know what you think (obviously the right and top exits are unfinished because I didn't start those next maps yet. You enter from the left):

This map seems very well put-together, and looks to be very technically sound on the whole. That said, you've got a few small tile errors, namely near the top of the rock with the two towers on it, where you are missing some of the top rock tiles, near the bottom left and top left of said rock, where you've transposed a tile, and in the southwest corner, where there is a mountain ridge that suddenly disappears, in addition to the unfinished exits you mentioned. The sign in the bottom right corner is inaccessible -- perhaps you intended this, but it sort of bugs me.

A few nitpicky things as well. In the west, the abrupt transition between wide open space to super-cramped one tile valley is jarring, and maybe could be changed, seeing as one-tile paths in general make maps feel claustrophobic. Design on the bottom-left mountain seems a little bland, as do the large homogeneous stretches of trees, although you do a very good job of sprucing things up (oh god what did I just say) in the second case with respect to other maps I've seen/Game Freak maps.

My central issue, though, is that the map seems substantially larger than necessary -- the city itself only takes up about half the area of the map. This could result in wasted space in the west, as you struggle to find something interesting to do with that path area that doesn't involve battling trainers in the middle of a "city" map (unless you already have something in mind :D). Three watchtowers also could be a bit excessive for a town that only has four other buildings. In the same vein, the town layout, while good, is a bit too spread out for my personal taste. I feel the map would get its point across, so to speak, more effectively if it were substantially compacted.

On the whole, though, your design is solid, and all of that is just nitpicking. The tileset in particular is super gorgeous, and I like the incorporation of the Mahogany Town-esque watchtowers -- they really drive home the atmosphere of a paranoid town full of cannibals (though again three might be too many?). The grass, flowers, rocks, and other details in particular are especially well-done, and I really like how the paths were made unusually disorderly to promote a particular atmosphere.

Were I to assign the map a numerical rating, I'd give an 8.5 out of 10.

Alas, I can't post my own map for lack of link posting privileges, so I suppose that review will have to do for now.

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years

Spoiler:
Rating: 8.2/10
Review: The map is pretty good, I like the tiles used, but it can be improved. The little wooden thing on the top of the mountain has a weird shadow (it's too big). The ramp that goes up at the top of the map doesn't look good. Check the Trainer Tower map in the original FireRed to see how GameFreak did the ramps that are on the top part of mountains. Some parts of the mountains are also missing corner tiles and what's with the cut-off mountain wall in the south-west part of the map? Finally, there's an erroneous corner tile near the wooden house thing that's at the west part of the map.

Okay, now for my map.

Map Name: Ancient Waterway B2F
Game: Pokémon ObsidianBlack (uses FireRed for a base)
Comments: The map is still in development, so the exit still isn't added in.
Spoiler:

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
Years
Telinc1 said:
Spoiler:

Well, all in all I'd say this is a well done map. Well, to me it is wonderful because I suck at making caves. :P

The edges around the path are very well done: Makes it look very natural. Same goes for the boulders and the rocks surrounding it and in it. And I don't really know if this was the intended purpose, but it really does remind me of a dried out water-way. The way the cave is a flowing line, where you put the water (like how you made the cave larger around the pond)...

My only real concern for this map is that it is a little boring. Other then the middle part with the somewhat of a rock maze, (Btw strength puzzle would be really cool here) the cave is a one-way loop. Theres the ledge and the pond, and that's it. Maybe try to spice it up? I don't know, maybe make another pond or two or make it a flash cave, even?

Also, northwest of the lower staircase I noticed one the brown rock. I just looks a little out of place, with it being the only one of that shape and colour. Also, it kind of doesn't really make a difference, but the ladder directly next to the steps is sorta bugging me. Maybe move it a little farther away?

As for tile errors, I don't see any. Sooo......... Great map! :) 8/10

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jan 5, 2017

Rating: 7/10
Review: The map looks good. However, it looks a bit too simple to navigate, and also boring.
Also, it seems to me that there are too many stones placed on the map.
The water point seems a bit odd to me.
Apart from that, it's not a bad map.
Suggestions: You could remove many of the stones on the map. Replacing the ones on the ground would be good either.
As MiniMinun said, you could add a strength puzzle in there.
If the player has to go through this cave early, you could use the water point to block a part of it's way.
If not, you could either change it's form, or remove it.

Map Name: UndellaHoenn (it's codename, since it doesn't have a name for now).
Map Game: Pokemon Emerald.
Comments: This map is a WIP of a map i'd like to make with different house, road, stones and sand tiles, so it would fit what it's intended to be: a tourist city, with many activities (that i still have to plan...). As implied in the codename, it's based on Undella Town (albeit with less villas, white sand, and a marine cave {XD} ).

Years
Map Name: UndellaHoenn (it's codename, since it doesn't have a name for now).
Map Game: Pokemon Emerald.
Comments: This map is a WIP of a map i'd like to make with different house, road, stones and sand tiles, so it would fit what it's intended to be: a tourist city, with many activities (that i still have to plan...). As implied in the codename, it's based on Undella Town (albeit with less villas, white sand, and a marine cave {XD} ).

Review: Looks good and the beach is very detailed. Except the floors on the town looks plain. If you want to get rid of the grass on some tiles like the house and pc use block editor ^-^
Rating: √√9/10√√

Map Name: #1 Route 2 (Cave Outside #1)
#2 Bundew Town
Map Game: Using FireRed rom and custom tileset
Comments: There are caves in each map (lol) and will look cool :3. This will be used in my hack (after I figure out how to get my thread approved in Team Discussion :( ) Looks cool (in my opinion) :]

firekoopa

Combat the Infinite
Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2020
Review: Looks good and the beach is very detailed. Except the floors on the town looks plain. If you want to get rid of the grass on some tiles like the house and pc use block editor ^-^
Rating: √√9/10√√

Map Name: #1 Route 2 (Cave Outside #1)
#2 Bundew Town
Map Game: Using FireRed rom and custom tileset
Comments: There are caves in each map (lol) and will look cool :3. This will be used in my hack (after I figure out how to get my thread approved in Team Discussion :( ) Looks cool (in my opinion) :]
Edit: Aw... nobody has come yet? Disappointing. Oh well, I guess I'd go ahead and re-write my critique, then...

Now, there are actually very few things that I don't like about these maps, unfortunately.

I guess what I should mention first is how it'll be played - it seems to switch between wide open areas and closed in 'corridors'. These corridors are restrictive, while the open spaces seem stale and empty, with seemingly nothing to do in them. Now, another issue I see is that you placed some rocks in places where it restricts the player's movement, adding to the previously mentioned corridors. What I'd suggest is to open up the 1/2-tile corridors a bit by widening them up, or removing/moving restrictive scenary. As for the open spaces, add something of interest, like Wild Pokémon grass, trees, multiple passages, I don't know.

In terms of aesthethics... hm... I think this is my main gripe. It's too squarish - I constantly see sharp 90 degree angle cuts and it's looks really jarring and unnatural. I would also say that the grass, although filled with details like taller grass, flowers and stones, is still pretty stale. I'm not sure what the issue is, but I think it is because of all the green. Perhaps adding a few well placed dirt patches would help, but what do I know?

The mountain seems mostly better off in terms of squareness... with the exception of at the top, where you can a very jarring straight line. I'd see yet again that the details seems a bit too wild for my tastes, but oh well.

Now, the town map... disregarding everything I said before, the first thing that comes to my mind is that the houses are spaced too far apart. Either move them closer together, or, alternatively, maybe you could add some trees in between to fill in empty space? Oh, and by the way, that lone house in the south-western corner is well made - it's cozy, yet not restrictive on movement, and the grass/flower combination looks really good. However, I would not suggest putting the same kind of flowers everywhere, because too much of a good thing can be bad.

...I'm not really sure what to say anymore. Except for the fact that on diagonal rock walls (south/east facing) I see little skulls pointing south/west. I hope you'll start seeing them, so you won't be able to unsee them. ^^

I'll give the route area a 5.5/10 (I apologize) and the town area get's a 6.5/10. The little lone house in the bottom left get's a 8/10, and the skulls inside the rocky walls get a 10/10.

Make of all that what you will. I did my best.

Now, for my map... oh boy... =.=

Game: Pokémon FireRed
Map name: Laboratory Area
Description: I pulled this off immediately after getting my hands on AdvanceMap... again. It's basically another variation on my starter place. Personally, I think the variation I made in 2012 was much better. However, this one is still infinitely better than the 2009 variation... *shudders* xD

Spoiler:

and here's a link to the 2009 variation, for giggles. Please allow me to cry.

Last edited:

Nordk

Chief Harpoonist
Years
Game: Pokémon FireRed
Map name: Laboratory Area
Description: I pulled this off immediately after getting my hands on AdvanceMap... again. It's basically another variation on my starter place. Personally, I think the variation I made in 2012 was much better. However, this one is still infinitely better than the 2009 variation... *shudders* xD

Spoiler:
Rating: 8/10
Reason: The layout is very creative, the map has a very "natural" look, and I like the staggering of the trees. However, there is a tile error on the upper right corner of the lab, and the trees lack shadowing.
Suggestions: Fix the aforementioned tile error on the corner of the lab, add shadowing to the trees., and maybe add some grass at the connections.
Final Comments: I really like the location of the lab, and I think it's a good map overall.
-------
And here's my map:
Map Name: Juq Junction (Placeholder name)
Game: FireRed
Comments: This is a connection town at the end of Route 2, and the third that the player encounters. Please don't rate based on the tiles. The big building with the blue roof is supposed to be a community center, and the patch behind it is a garden (there will be an NPC standing next to it to explain in-game). The player enters from the south.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Years
Rating: 8/10
Reason: The layout is very creative, the map has a very "natural" look, and I like the staggering of the trees. However, there is a tile error on the upper right corner of the lab, and the trees lack shadowing.
Suggestions: Fix the aforementioned tile error on the corner of the lab, add shadowing to the trees., and maybe add some grass at the connections.
Final Comments: I really like the location of the lab, and I think it's a good map overall.
-------
And here's my map:
Map Name: Juq Junction (Placeholder name)
Comments: This is a connection town at the end of Route 2, and the third that the player encounters. Please don't rate based on the tiles. The big building with the blue roof is supposed to be a community center, and the patch behind it is a garden (there will be an NPC standing next to it to explain in-game). The player enters from the south.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Overall Score: 6/10
The first thing I noticed about this map is that it looks quite empty. There's a lot of open space that could be used for another buliding possibly. Also the trees seem sparsely spread out.
Suggestions: Add another building or two. If it's meant to be a small town with few buildings reduce the size of the map so it looks more densely packed.

My Map

Route Name: Route 1
Description: My first attempt at making a map. I always thought Route 1 looked a little boring so I added a few things. I tried to make it look like a more mountainy area by reducing the number of trees and adding rocks and a cave in the upper right corner. There's also a house and a small pond just to add more visual interest and also increase the diversity of Pokemon beyond Pidgey and Rattata.

Years
Overall Score: 6/10
The first thing I noticed about this map is that it looks quite empty. There's a lot of open space that could be used for another buliding possibly. Also the trees seem sparsely spread out.
Suggestions: Add another building or two. If it's meant to be a small town with few buildings reduce the size of the map so it looks more densely packed.

My Map

Route Name: Route 1
Description: My first attempt at making a map. I always thought Route 1 looked a little boring so I added a few things. I tried to make it look like a more mountainy area by reducing the number of trees and adding rocks and a cave in the upper right corner. There's also a house and a small pond just to add more visual interest and also increase the diversity of Pokemon beyond Pidgey and Rattata.

Rating: 6/10

Comments: its a good map, though, I see some tile errors in it. E.g. the walls of the mountains seems unnatural, you put the wrong tile for it, but can be changed. It feels empty tho >//< good try anyways :]

My Map (again)
Map Name: Route 1
Map Game: FireRed, custom tileset
Comments, I know the grass is too scattered 0.0 it sucks anyways Dx

lbu8NJb.jpg

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Rating: 6/10

Comments: its a good map, though, I see some tile errors in it. E.g. the walls of the mountains seems unnatural, you put the wrong tile for it, but can be changed. It feels empty tho >//< good try anyways :]

My Map (again)
Map Name: Route 1
Map Game: FireRed, custom tileset
Comments, I know the grass is too scattered 0.0 it sucks anyways Dx

lbu8NJb.jpg
Your map has that simple Route 1 feeling to it, which is great. I actually do not mind the scattered grass. It makes the grass layout less predictable and more refreshing, you know? One thing that irks me (it's just me being nitpicky cause I ended up doing this to my rom hack) is the "bland grass spots." I'll give your map a 7.5/10 because it has the basic concepts down. It can improved upon by adding more variant subtle details to the bland grass spots in order to give the map a more "filled" feeling to it. I'm not sure if I explained that right, haha. I also am not fond of the palette for some reason, it gives off a less vibrant colorization to it. It feels kind of dull, but that is just my tastes! It is still a well done map for a starting route!
----------
Here is one of the most prominent landmarks in my upcoming rom hack.
Map Name: Route 55 Bridge St
Map Game: Normal Version (Fire Red)
Graphics: Alistair's Base w/ imported tiles from other public resources w/minor edits
Description: This is the most important route of the game and it is of the highest elevation in all of Taejo. You will learn more about the history of this route with its many subtle historic references made in the game. Players will also be able to travel back into this route's past when the land bridge was standing strong before it got destroyed by Regigigas. That's where that cut off on the eastern part of the map will lead to (only in the past).
Spoiler:

Le pug

Years
Your map has that simple Route 1 feeling to it, which is great. I actually do not mind the scattered grass. It makes the grass layout less predictable and more refreshing, you know? One thing that irks me (it's just me being nitpicky cause I ended up doing this to my rom hack) is the "bland grass spots." I'll give your map a 7.5/10 because it has the basic concepts down. It can improved upon by adding more variant subtle details to the bland grass spots in order to give the map a more "filled" feeling to it. I'm not sure if I explained that right, haha. I also am not fond of the palette for some reason, it gives off a less vibrant colorization to it. It feels kind of dull, but that is just my tastes! It is still a well done map for a starting route!
----------
Graphics: Alistair's Base w/ imported tiles from other public resources w/minor edits
Description: This is the most important route of the game and it is of the highest elevation in all of Taejo. You will learn more about the history of this route with its many subtle historic references made in the game. Players will also be able to travel back into this route's past when the land bridge was standing strong before it got destroyed by Regigigas. That's where that cut off on the eastern part of the map will lead to (only in the past).
Spoiler:

Since everyone seems to want to skip you, I'll go ahead and cover you.

I'd have to go with 8/10.

Pattern designs I don't like: the alternating square rock mountains and trees on the left side of the image and those little rock things are EVERYWHERE and the pattern of those rock things are the same so it looks like too much. Maybe if they were all different shapes?

There is a path between the two stairs next to a cave entrance near the bottom and the middle tile between the two stair tiles looks weird. The water tiles should have bottom rocks at the edges for the big water one. It looks like it's continuous otherwise. You did it for the small pond thing but not the big one so I suggest fixing that. the bottom transient building to the left has a mountain line just connecting to it. doesn't really look right unless you set the building on top of that layer or at least use a turning rock tile at that point so it doesnt look like it goes right through the building. Other than that, I like the colors and most of the layout. Good work

Near~

The End is Near...
Years

----------
Description: This is the most important route of the game and it is of the highest elevation in all of Taejo. You will learn more about the history of this route with its many subtle historic references made in the game. Players will also be able to travel back into this route's past when the land bridge was standing strong before it got destroyed by Regigigas. That's where that cut off on the eastern part of the map will lead to (only in the past).[
/QUOTE]
Spoiler:

Rated Map:
Spoiler:

Review: Your review~ I really like the Tiles but this is about mapping. Okay I like the how the trees are there but like le pug said the pattern on the mountain looks a bit off and would suggest like he said maybe a different shape I really did not like the Paths the look a bit straight and there was a lot of rocks on the mountain I think a bit too much? Well thats my opinion...
I really liked the trees and mountain:)

Rating: 8.75/10

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Le pug

Years
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Near~

The End is Near...
Years
I'd have to say 9/10. I love this map it looks so nice and neat. The only thing I would add is some more detail to the path to the center-right area. Maybe just a tree or something. And I'm not too fond on that type of water, sorry.

-------------

Okay so background on this map... very important. This is the outside of the building:
Spoiler:

As you can see, there are holes in the roof and windows. Well in order to get inside, you have to climb through the window. Inside it is almost COMPLETELY dark. The only way you can tell your way around is periodic pockets of sunlight coming through the holes in the roof. This is a three story building and will house a talisman fragment aka gym badge that you have to get off a corpse.

Here is the initial design of level 1 (ground level):
Spoiler:

Then it was putting in it A-Map and getting a feel of the tileset ... then messing around in msPaint:
Spoiler:

Now it was time to add tiles to the parts where it will have light:
Spoiler:

Take all the extra out and add lighting effects:
Spoiler:

Let me know if you like the idea and the map. It's simply a get-through map and find your way to the end. A new type of maze I haven't really ever seen and wanted to implement. Of course this means you don't get to use flash in here because you won't have it yet.

Wow I really like this Idea and the map is pretty great I Like how since it is a new type of map it is still easy to get through:) I would give it a 9.5/10 Because It does not use much light nor too less just perfect Maybe I will make one of these later...

Game: Fire Red(FM tiles)
Map: Mystery Route
Spoiler:

Info: I really don't know how i feel about the mountain tiles My first time using tiles like that so wanted to see if I could come up with a good map with those tiles...
Tell me what you think Its my first time using those type of mountain tiles XD
Credits To FM for his tiles...

Last edited:

Le pug

Years
Wow I really like this Idea and the map is pretty great I Like how since it is a new type of map it is still easy to get through:) I would give it a 9.5/10 Because It does not use much light nor too less just perfect Maybe I will make one of these later...

Game: Fire Red(FM tiles)
Map: Mystery Route
Spoiler:

Info: I really don't know how i feel about the mountain tiles My first time using tiles like that so wanted to see if I could come up with a good map with those tiles...
Tell me what you think Its my first time using those type of mountain tiles XD
Credits To FM for his tiles...

9/10 I like everything about this map. However certain areas look too tight for player movement, a general rule I try to follow by is about three spaces minimum of walking room but everyone is different, just my opinion. Also to the right in one of the trees is a tile error. Love the scenery!

As for my map... took the idea for what I wanted in the previous post and well it doesn't turn out as well as I'd hope when I converted it to 16-color. So I have to make an entire map and I'm just going to have it to where the player can't use flash so it'll be mostly dark but if you hug walls you should be fine lol. Here is the map, still a work in progress:

Spoiler:

Near~

The End is Near...
Years
9/10 I like everything about this map. However certain areas look too tight for player movement, a general rule I try to follow by is about three spaces minimum of walking room but everyone is different, just my opinion. Also to the right in one of the trees is a tile error. Love the scenery!

As for my map... took the idea for what I wanted in the previous post and well it doesn't turn out as well as I'd hope when I converted it to 16-color. So I have to make an entire map and I'm just going to have it to where the player can't use flash so it'll be mostly dark but if you hug walls you should be fine lol. Here is the map, still a work in progress:

Spoiler:
Ahh sad to here when something does not come out well because of 16 color... It would have been a great map but it still is :) I really like the tiles of this map and it is very well done hopefully it will still be dark enough to where I take a couple of minutes to explore this place XD!!
Alright I will give this map 9.75/10 the extra because I really like this map a lot :D

Heres another of my maps
Info: It is a Map where there are no trainers (thats why there is no PC)
Credits: All tiles are from FM , except the house its from saurav
Name: Shrine Village
Spoiler:

Last edited:

M0ZEPH

Formally 'Resultz' - Returned!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014

----------
Description: This is the most important route of the game and it is of the highest elevation in all of Taejo. You will learn more about the history of this route with its many subtle historic references made in the game. Players will also be able to travel back into this route's past when the land bridge was standing strong before it got destroyed by Regigigas. That's where that cut off on the eastern part of the map will lead to (only in the past).[
/QUOTE]
Spoiler:

I do really love how the Grass connects like that, Love the style of it in DPPt and it works well here. The colour of the grass helps aid the vibrance of the area also. something which pleases me, maybe not so much others but definitely me is how it takes a while looking at it to work out how to get everywhere. That shows IMO you thought long and hard about the layout and that the route eminates the aura of late-game. Contrary to others' opinions I love the straight paths, becausethey don't look too wide open and empty.

Now one or two things which annoy me. The water on top of the mountain. It just doesn't look right to me, how the top and bottom seemingly don't match the two sides. Also the cave enterance at the Top Mid-left just seems to come out up a hillside. Other than that I can't find any major faults.
Score-9.5/10

My Map:
Spoiler:

Name: Force Islands (Connects Petalburg - Dewford)
Game: My Hack in Progress. I'm basically Re-routing Hoenn, remapping and restructuring the region and passing it off as 15 years advanced. I want the finished article to be a dystopian variant of what we currently have. I want it to be recognisable as Hoenn, but be different enough to present a new challenge and yeild interest. Tiles etc will probably change.
Tiles: Default (Cheers GameFreak)

These Storm swept ocean rocks are the only way left to get to Dewford, which is now an Isolated Gym base on an Island and not much else. The top connects to the beach west of Petalburg via. a winding path initially blocked by cut. The sand spit at the bottom to another couple of islands and a cave leading to Dewford town.

PS this was constructed in Paint due to my AM's inability to save Mapshots.

(this is an Early game route therefore isn't too branching)

Last edited:

Pokémon Trainer 188

Name: Force Islands (Connects Petalburg - Dewford)
Game: My Hack in Progress. I'm basically Re-routing Hoenn, remapping and restructuring the region and passing it off as 15 years advanced. I want the finished article to be a dystopian variant of what we currently have. I want it to be recognisable as Hoenn, but be different enough to present a new challenge and yeild interest. Tiles etc will probably change.
Tiles: Default (Cheers GameFreak)

These Storm swept ocean rocks are the only way left to get to Dewford, which is now an Isolated Gym base on an Island and not much else. The top connects to the beach west of Petalburg via. a winding path initially blocked by cut. The sand spit at the bottom to another couple of islands and a cave leading to Dewford town.

PS this was constructed in Paint due to my AM's inability to save Mapshots.

(this is an Early game route therefore isn't too branching)

I really like the remapping of this Route with all the Islands and it makes it less boring going through a Water Route unlike the original one. I did though find a few tile bugs that I have pointed out in the picture here ^_^

Spoiler:

Here is my map from my Hack Pokemon Spice, it's called Rockfall Town and it's the second town the player will encounter in his journey! :D

Spoiler:

I hope you like it! ^_^

M0ZEPH

Formally 'Resultz' - Returned!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
Here is my map from my Hack Pokemon Spice, it's called Rockfall Town and it's the second town the player will encounter in his journey! :D

Spoiler:

I hope you like it! ^_^

What can I say. I absolutely love the colour scheme, the way the gym sits behind the trees, which is so subtle but works so well. You can see you've spent a lot of time deciding the layout.

the only thing that bugs me is the lack of a path to the 'research building'. I dislike the way the mountains top is the same on the floor as above it.
9.5/10

Now for mine.
7g2tzf9.png

Map Name: Route 771
Hack: Unnamed hack
Credits: MASTEROFPUPPETS, WesleyFG,Gary93, Saurav, Doktor Worm (MOP Rombase)
Additional info. This is the first route of the hack, connecting starter town to unnecessary 2nd town, I want the hack to be naturally mapped but maintain the playability of the GF mapping. There's gonna be a dark theme about the hack, and i think the tiles capture it well.

Thnaaks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back