• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
Anyway can anyone give me the links (youtube, whatever) to the latest songs added?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2008
I just wanted to ask a question, I started to play the game a few days ago and I was just wondering if when the new patches come out, do I have to restart my game to play those patches or can I continue from where I am?

Cause I don't want to have to restart my game over and over :P

Emoney

chingon de chingones
Years
I just wanted to ask a question, I started to play the game a few days ago and I was just wondering if when the new patches come out, do I have to restart my game to play those patches or can I continue from where I am?

its recommended that u start all over but if u want u can patch over ur old game

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2010

The only drawback is that the game is a bit more glitchy, although I haven't experienced many glitchs. I didn't start over again after I patched over beta 5...

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2010
Hello Zel,
This is the best hack i've ever played. Can't wait for beta 6 to come out,

Maby you could make the traded pokemon evolutions evolve with an item thats named: "trade cable". That item is also in pokemon mystery dungeon and i think that that is a great solution for the traded pokemon.

I hope that you don't give up on your hack and the best of luck

(Ps: sorry, for my bad english, i'm from holland.)

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
I can't remember how long it was that you started this... Was it 2005? It seems like a long time and doesn't seem right. I know you were working on it before you first posted it however. Also, when did the last Beta come out? I don't even know which ones I've played as I'm trying to wait until the final version (story wise at least). How are things looking in the space department? I know you were always worried you'd run out of trainer slots and I was curious as to how many you'd used.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Hello Zel,
This is the best hack i've ever played. Can't wait for beta 6 to come out,

Maby you could make the traded pokemon evolutions evolve with an item thats named: "trade cable". That item is also in pokemon mystery dungeon and i think that that is a great solution for the traded pokemon.

I hope that you don't give up on your hack and the best of luck

(Ps: sorry, for my bad english, i'm from holland.)

No need to, since Pokemon that is needed to trade will now evolve in a high Level.

I can't remember how long it was that you started this... Was it 2005? It seems like a long time and doesn't seem right. I know you were working on it before you first posted it however. Also, when did the last Beta come out? I don't even know which ones I've played as I'm trying to wait until the final version (story wise at least). How are things looking in the space department? I know you were always worried you'd run out of trainer slots and I was curious as to how many you'd used.

It started in 2006. It's not your business on how many trainer slots he used.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2019
Hey man great work on the game, fantastic gameplay, really fun :). I think the whole Amelia-Trainer (ours) situation is pretty funny as well, good stuff.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2008
Zel i'm french , i love your ROM hack , everybodie's french like your rom hack , good luck

Pyroterra

Pyro Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2010
so fun

This hack is so great, I am so glad to play a jhoto based game again.

Now when I got the x b5 Im still in azalea, but when I first loded it up I went out to train in rute 33 and I came across enti and ruike.

But grat redesign of the place as well.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2010
im not sure if this is against the rules but how do you rematch the trainers your registered i call them up but they never want to rematch me does it have something to do with picking the berries and waiting 5 mins or something?

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2010
I have an idea for an Island minigame, somewhat of a battle frontier challenge. The "brains" would be your 7 rivals, each of their teams being in thier prime. No healing outside of items will be allowed, and to compensate for pp drainage, I propose an item that restore pp should be sold at the mart before the challenge, like ether or max elixer. Each of the challenges should have a theme to it, that accustomes to the rival boss at the end, like mono team for ard and double battles for rina and dante. Also there should be a random challenge for one of the rivals to test your abilities. The prize would be re-useable move tutors, however they will be expensive.

A list that I thought of:
Calm mind:100,000
Dragon dance: $120,000
Thunder wave:$85,000
Softboiled/Synthesis/Recover: $200,000
Bulk up: $100,000
Body Slam:$75,000
Will-o-Wisp: $100,000
Flamethrower/Ice beam/Thunderbolt:$100,000
Focus Punch: $100,000
Substitute:$250,000
Drill Peck: $75,000
Baton pass:$45,000
Counter/Mirror coat:$125,000
Rest:$100,000
Swords dance/Agility/Amensia:$150,000
Swagger:$60,000
Rock Slide:$150,000
Solarbeam:$90,000
Frenzy Plant/Hyrdo cannon/Blast Burn:$125,000
Hypnosis:$100,000
Explosion:$175,000
Pain Split: $150,000
Destiny Bond/Perish song:$200,000

I would love it if you could implement this idea in Zel... =P

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
I have an idea for an Island minigame, somewhat of a battle frontier challenge. The "brains" would be your 7 rivals, each of their teams being in thier prime. No healing outside of items will be allowed, and to compensate for pp drainage, I propose an item that restore pp should be sold at the mart before the challenge, like ether or max elixer. Each of the challenges should have a theme to it, that accustomes to the rival boss at the end, like mono team for ard and double battles for rina and dante. Also there should be a random challenge for one of the rivals to test your abilities. The prize would be re-useable move tutors, however they will be expensive.

A list that I thought of:
Calm mind:100,000
Dragon dance: $120,000
Thunder wave:$85,000
Softboiled/Synthesis/Recover: $200,000
Bulk up: $100,000
Body Slam:$75,000
Will-o-Wisp: $100,000
Flamethrower/Ice beam/Thunderbolt:$100,000
Focus Punch: $100,000
Substitute:$250,000
Drill Peck: $75,000
Baton pass:$45,000
Counter/Mirror coat:$125,000
Rest:$100,000
Swords dance/Agility/Amensia:$150,000
Swagger:$60,000
Rock Slide:$150,000
Solarbeam:$90,000
Frenzy Plant/Hyrdo cannon/Blast Burn:$125,000
Hypnosis:$100,000
Explosion:$175,000
Pain Split: $150,000
Destiny Bond/Perish song:$200,000

I would love it if you could implement this idea in Zel... =P
It's not that bad of an idea, but for the detail it should be difficult to implement, and there are ways to make the islands a true challenge that are as good but less painful to introduce. The tutors are a good idea, but the prices would have to be halved, no more no less.

Plus, if you like to keep a good image, dont cry out that loud that you like to stall the crap out of ppl, putting DBond and PS as the more expensive. AND DONT even talk about pain split: for me its a move that should be BANNED, it dimunishes the game to a certain draw.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 26, 2022
how long are you going to be on
Thinking/Mapping and Implementing the mini-games and Trick House puzzles (this will surely take SOME time)
Its been months

Years
I think I found a glitch/bug. When you go into the Name Rater's house in Lavender Town, the room all glitchy or something and I can't get out.

Back