• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New and trying to build a decent compettitive team

Years
Well im new to the competitive game of pokemon even though ive been playing since the first ones came out. Me and a freind of mine just got learning and mastering the art of ev training and ive done alot of research. I have decent pokemon now for a team but i feal as though i am lacking some power. At any rate here are the ones that im using as of right now for my new team. Also i would like to point out i dont like to double use items too much.

Hippodown @ sitrus berry Impish

-Eq
-slack off
-Stealth rock
-Roar

Ev 252hp/252def/6atk

Could replace with aerodactyl? maybe?

Blissey @ leftovers Bold

-Wish
-protect
-thunderwave/Toxic
-(havent decided)

Ev 252Hp/252def/6sd

Ya i know standard blissey but its just to good to pass up

Vaporeon @ (???) Bold

-Substitute
-Acid Armor
-Baton pass
-Surf

Ev 252Hp/252SpD/6Spe

Pretty much set up substitute and Acid Armor to baton pass to whoever may need it at that point

Breloom @ toxic orb Adamant

-Focus punch
-Stone edge
-Spore
-(????)

Ev 252Atk/252Spe/6Def

Ya spore and focus punch. I like egg bomb but what i dont like about it is the accuracy in tight game making spots.

This is what i have so far. Like i said the only real power i have is breloom wich will fall fast enough to somone that outspeeds me. So any help with my team i would appreciate it. Feel free to point out flaws and give me advice into what i should add to this team. (or get rid of for that matter) Thanks you

umbreonofdarkness

Part-time Breeder, Trainer
Years
Well im new to the competitive game of pokemon even though ive been playing since the first ones came out. Me and a freind of mine just got learning and mastering the art of ev training and ive done alot of research. I have decent pokemon now for a team but i feal as though i am lacking some power. At any rate here are the ones that im using as of right now for my new team. Also i would like to point out i dont like to double use items too much.

Hippodown @ sitrus berry Impish

-Eq
-slack off
-Stealth rock
-Roar

Ev 252hp/252def/6atk

Blissey @ leftovers Bold

-Wish
-protect
-thunderwave/Toxic
-(havent decided)

Ev 252Hp/252def/6sd

Vaporeon @ (???) Bold

-Substitute
-Acid Armor
-Baton pass
-Surf

Ev 252Hp/252SpD/6Spe

Pretty much set up substitute and Acid Armor to baton pass to whoever may need it at that point

-Focus punch
-Stone edge
-Spore
-(????)

Ev 252Atk/252Spe/6Def

Ya spore and focus punch. I like egg bomb but what i dont like about it is the accuracy in tight game making spots.

This is what i have so far. Like i said the only real power i have is breloom wich will fall fast enough to somone that outspeeds me. So any help with my team i would appreciate it. Feel free to point out flaws and give me advice into what i should add to this team. (or get rid of for that matter) Thanks you

I'm a newbie, so my advice might not be great...

Give Brelloom a life orb. It decreases health but it is amazingly powerful!

Arma

The Hyena
Years
I'm a newbie, so my advice might not be great...

Give Brelloom a life orb. It decreases health but it is amazingly powerful!

NO, He should stick with Toxic orb, It protects Breloom from any other status and it heals him every turn. I think you should use either Seed bomb or substitute, or maybe even remove Stone edge to use both.

Substitute will grant you an extra Focus Punch, should your opponent decide to switch.

Seed bomb has base power 80 and 100 accuracy, plus it provides you a STAB bonus.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 23, 2011
Vaporeon always needs leftovers and that hippo gets shut down by anything thats uses taunt which means bulky defensive dd gyra gets to taunt and a free dragon dance on the switch.

Years

Hippodown @ Leftovers Impish

-Eq
-slack off
-Stealth rock
-Roar

Ev 252hp/152 def/104 SpD

Blissey @ leftovers Bold

-Wish
-protect
-thunderwave/Toxic
-Seismic Toss/Flamethrower/Ice Beam

Ev 252Hp/252def/6sd

Vaporeon @ Leftovers Bold

-Substitute
-Acid Armor
-Baton pass
-Surf

Ev 252Hp/128 Def/SpD/128 Spe (it's your choice really,but Vaporeon has
a bad Def stat and without that you are pretty much OHKOed by any physical attack)

-Focus punch
-Substitute
-Spore
-Seed Bomb

Ev 252Atk/252Spe/6HP

Suggestions in Bold.

I would like to suggest you running a choice scarf Magnezone (Naive)
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Fire/Ice
Flash Cannon
Explosion

252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Att
Deals with Steel and Flying types really well + can kill Blissey after SR with Explosion.

You also need a rapid spinner as well as a rapid spin blocker(Ghost)..

Years
Suggestions in Bold.

I would like to suggest you running a choice scarf Magnezone (Naive)
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Fire/Ice
Flash Cannon
Explosion

252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Att
Deals with Steel and Flying types really well + can kill Blissey after SR with Explosion.

You also need a rapid spinner as well as a rapid spin blocker(Ghost)..

Take vaporeon out and replace starmie? And as far as ghost what about life orb gengar?

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
Years
You seem like a stall oriented player, so a Rotom form would be a good idea for a ghost. Right now, you need something that can set up entry hazards besides Stealth Rock. I'd recommend Skarmory, effectively forming the infamous SkarmBliss duo. You could also get a Rapid Spinner and entry hazards stacker in one with Forretress. You should replace Vaporeon with one of the above, since it's really not doing much for your team.
I'll come back later if I see something.

Years
i do have a fully done skarm so ill probably throw it back in. But what should i do about my hippowdon leave it in or find a better starter?

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
Years
Hippo's fine. It actually makes a pretty good lead if you know to stay the heck away from special attackers.
Breloom doesn't fit in with your team. I think you should get a Toxic Spiker instead. You could possibly put Roserade in the lead slot, replace Hippo for Swampert or something, and get a defensive Rotom form to block people from blowing away your entry hazards. I'd recommend Rotom-H, who can also deal with Infernape (Which poses a huge problem to every stall team) It would also be useful to get a Rapid Spinner such as Starmie or Forretress.

Years
Hippowodon is fine on a stall team.
Also Spiritomb is a nice rapid spin blocker + no weakness is always good.
Starmie is a very good choice and yes take out Vaporeon.

Also your team has a hard time against fire types.
Then,a good move would be adding Heatran and switching Hippo for Swampert lead,makes your team more balanced.

Back