• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arcanum OOC

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years

YAY DEATH! AND YAY RIVALS TRYING TO KILL EACH OTHER!

It is Leeroy lol unknown. I don't plan to reveal it now because I haven't created any real name for him

lol... Master Luke... Master Bruce.... thats where I got it from also Luke Skywalker

BLOOD WILL BE SHED ONTO THE BATTLEFIELD!!!!

Okay, then I'll call him Leeroy from now on! xD

Oh. I thought you were making a Tales of the Abyss-reference... Oh well.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Rivalry coming up, yay!

Also, I thought of something. If you ever get writers block or feel like you're not sure of what kind of pokémon or traveler you want to encounter when out on a route - don't hesitate to let me know :)

You could just put a little ((OOC: blabla)) note at the end of your post, stating that you want me to give you an event. Which would mean that I make a little post about something basic that you have to encounter, which you then can hopefully modify if you feel your creative juices regrow.

Maybe you won't feel bored for a few more routes (hopefully not, at least) but still, you should know that the option is here :3​

The warden

I'm back!
Years
@RHCP: Where do you find the awesome pictures that start each route/ town?

P.S. for any one thinking I'm posting a lot I have a lot of free time right now as I'm not back at Uni until the 13th 6th of Feb. When that comes around I will start posting less often.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I like that you're posting a lot! I can't be doing that, like today I'm in school from 8 AM to 9 PM at least ;;

They are images from a google search on the internet, and I've found pics for many routes already and stored them somewhere. If anyone has got a problem with me using other people's images here, please state so and I will stop doing so even if it will make the chapters look boring.

I have never been the one to care too much about copyright infringement - art is made for displaying, isn't it? But I realize that others (like, the photographers) might care more. The least I can do is perhaps to link back to the site where I found the image... yeah.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Are there any more spots I'd like to join. This Rp seems incredibly well done.
Thank you :) unfortunately I don't think we can handle more players, as 8 are pretty many already. I'll let you know if you can be in, though!

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Okay, I'm a bit free now, so I'll be starting my next post today. It MAY/MAY NOT take as long as my OP, depends on what crazy ideas I'll be having xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I'm looking forward to it ;)

In the upcoming town (Feborough Town) I've planned to try and make the style of posting different. Meaning it will all of a sudden not be a "chaptered" RP, and you'll be playing in the same timeline, like in most RPs here. I'm not sure that this will work, since it could be difficult to switch from the two, haha. But in Foreigners, people wrote rather independent, long posts when out on the routes or battling at a gym, and could interact in other situations.

What do you guys think of this? The thought behind it is to not just make this your own story, but give it the feeling of being an actual interactive RP a bit more.

If things get messy or confusing somehow (there's 8 of you after all!!), a good idea would perhaps be to state in the OOC thread that you're ok with others interacting with your character in the particular town, and then maybe decide with other players where you'll meet each other.

All this because joint posts normally only include 2 people and take an eternity to make.

Thoughts?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Well it's sounds good to me! I have no problem with that whatsoever. Besides, then I don't have to stressfully write such long posts ^_^'

Yes, you can write much shorter posts inside towns if you want :) But you're of course allowed to make a long post covering a whole day or something as well. We'll tackle any problems as they come up, I say.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Yeah!

Just another note (I'll be giving you lots of info in this thread, I feel xD). I changed the possible levels the pokémon you catch on route 11 can be.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
AWESOME! XD Sorry that this is taking so long. The new semester just started... during Spirit Week. God. I'm gonna try writing it up today.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I'm understanding, as long as time is the problem but you still want to be in the game, just let me know and I won't go all "why u no postin'!?" on you.

If the problem at any point becomes a writers block instead of time issues though, let me know then too, because then I'll gladly try to help you develop the story~

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Lanhua's got a very male team there xD But I really like Mothim C:

So, for now I'm curious about this too, how do you level our pokémon? Do they just always get one level?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I was inspired by how you gave out levels in your RP ;) It's always a bit tricky, but having seen slls81 only give out 1 level at a time in his RP and how slowly the pokémon grew there, I think 2 levels is a good standard to give out, but since the starting pokémon's levels were pretty high I've only given out 1 level at a time now in the beginning areas.

The player can choose if they want to train a few pokémon or capture a full team and divide their efforts of course (like the difference between Ashton and romdinner's character in A Fresh Start ^^ ). If a battle was awesomely splendid, I might feel inclined to give out 3 levels, but then it should really be spectacular and probably pretty long. We'll see if that happens.

The number of pokémon used in a battle doesn't affect how many levels an individual pokémon will get, but if the battle becomes shorter or less detailed because the player wants to cram in all of their pokémon there but don't want to make a mile-long post, I might give fewer levels. That only means that the quality of the post (and battle) matters. I try to keep in mind that people write differently and can be on different skill levels when it comes to writing, and be fair in regard to that.

Hm, the part I got from you was perhaps mostly that if someone captures a pokémon, the pokémon that battled will only get 1 level. It's a choice, whether you want to train the ones you have or use a post capture even more. Ashton clearly made the latter choice xD But since you can make any number of posts in an area, you can still make many pokémon grow if you're prepared to make more posts.

All this is not set in stone though. Let me know if you think you've been treated poorly, but I'll probably not change my mind ;)

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Oh no, I definitely do not feel like I'm being treated poorly! It was just curiosity, as I saw you asked Beo as well. It's interesting to see how different people handle things differently. (Also as a head's up, in a Fresh Start once the Pokémon reach lv. 20 the levels are gonna slow down) but I'm glad to be inspiratory. xD Oh, dude, that's actually a word.

your method of leveling really sounds more than fair (:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Okay, I'm wondering if anyone would like to have a rivalry with my character. :3

I would, if you'd like, though I'm not sure if it's alright to interact with different guardians, and I'm not yet sure how I'll do the town-posts (if I'll keep it solitary or interact with people)

The warden

I'm back!
Years
Okay, I'm wondering if anyone would like to have a rivalry with my character. :3

I would, if you'd like, though I'm not sure if it's alright to interact with different guardians, and I'm not yet sure how I'll do the town-posts (if I'll keep it solitary or interact with people)

I was going to ask that as well so if ay one is intrested in being a rival for Kitaru let me know.

Back