• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Any plans for your team?

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
Since I don't have the usual six-month layoff to learn BSTs and movesets, I'll wait a few days before actually starting Y. I could or could not use an all-six-gens team, depending on how the new regional dex turns out.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I hate change, so I might cave in and use some of my old favourites. Then again, it would provide much of an interesting gameplay imo; so I think it might be best for me to use all Gen VI Pokemon in my first playthrough. (That way, I can begin to distinguish which Pokemon are better than others etc.) I'll be constructing my team as I play, and catching Pokemon who interest me design-wise.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I'm not going to use Pokemon from past generations. As always, I'm going to use my starter (most likely Chespin), 4 current-gen Pokemon, and the game's main legendary (which, since I'm getting Y first, will be Yveltal/Skybacon). I do this for all first playthroughs of a Pokemon game. I change it up for the 3rd/other version and use whatever I want.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I always try out the new pokemon first. I usually take the time to catch some of the older ones I particularly like, but they usually just go into the PC, and often never come out again. Sometimes - for instance, if it's one I haven't seen in a long time or never got a chance to use in the past, or if it's one I discover I really need to fill out my team, or if it got some nice new move or a new evolution or something - then I might add it, but otherwise I stick with the new ones, since learning new pokemon is far and away my favorite part of the game.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I'll be using just new ones! I like learning about all the new Pokemon and getting a feel for who's good or not, that is the most fun part of the game! I probably going to use Chespin for my starter, but then again that could change when the evolutions are unveiled. Even though Pokemon X holds one of the most beautiful legendaries in Xerneas, I won't be using him on my team, because I don't like using them. It's possible that I'll use a old Pokemon if it has a new evolution, but apart from that I'm sticking with the new Pokemon.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... I'll probably be having a mix of different Pokémon on my team, some from older generations and some from Pokémon X and Y.
And not to also mention the legendary Pokémon as well.
During while I'm playing the main series Pokémon games, I always capture every single Pokémon in the wild that I see. So I'd be pretty much doing the same sort of thing with Pokémon X and Y.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
I want to have a team with only new Pokemon! The reason, as everybody else has stated, is to get to know the new Pokemon more. Not in terms of statistics, but more in terms of their design and their "personalities", so to speak. I like how Black/White forced everybody to do that; even if previous generation Pokemon are available, I'll try to avoid them.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2020
I would be so mad if they made Fennekin's evolutions dual fighting like they have with the last three gens. It probably won't happen a fourth time, but I have my finger hovering over the shiny red button as we speak. As for my possible 6th gen team, it'll likely include a majority of the new gen pokemon. I may use a couple of the older pokemon available, but I will certainly catch a good number of the new ones that are interesting in design regardless.

What they really need to do though is make a game where you adventure through 3-5 different regions in one game. I don't really care if it's a portable or tv console game but it needs to happen darnnit... in my honest opinion.

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
It all depends on the Pokemon they release. I like to use all new Pokemon but I also like building dragonesque teams but that won't happen most likely since the starters aren't reptiles.

BlockedHeart

Pokemon Master
Years
It's really early on, but I ALWAYS go for only the current Gen Pokemon... So are, the three starters and legendaries look GREAT! I'm hoping the rest of the region is similar, I'll probably pick Froakie, just cause of the awesome name and look. (I'll have to see the evolution chain though, because it could turn out like Emboar D:) I have a basic team set up that I always use... Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Flying, and then one random type that I think will help me get through the game more easily. I'll do the first two playthroughs with only Gen 6, and then most likely, do a Nuzlocke with all the Pokemon from every region.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Hope to god you can get a magikarp somewhere as Gyarados is one of my favs....Have one of the starters (whichever one i like the final morph of the best) a Gyarados, and the new Dragon type. Plus a bird of some sort, and two others i pic eventually.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'll probably have just generation 6 Pokemon plus some Unova ones if they're included because I love Unova mons and I'd hate to live without them. If there's anything else available, I'll just stick to Generation 6 ones if I can't get Unova ones.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm gonna use mostly Gen VI Pokemon so I can get use to them. I know for a fact that when I was "forced "to use all Unova Pokemon in White until after beating the main story, I was pretty upset at first. But then once I started using more and discovering more of them I slowly gained alot of favorites. Such as Scrafty, Krookodile, Hydreigon, Joltik, Chandelure, Volcarona, Carracosta , Braviary (though I already planned on using him even before getting the game. ), Pawniard, Bisharp , Reuniclus etc. So I have a feeling if I use mostly gen 6 Pokemon, I'll end up with alot of favorites from that region too!

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I'll be using my favorites from gen 6! If any can be replaced by a more battle-useful Pokemon, I will probably do that as my game progresses--but if I love the Pokemon enough it will stay on my team!

Back