• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
"..."

Red is the male playable character in FR/LG and the only playable character in Gen 1 games R/B/G/Y. However, he is an NPC in G/S/C HG/SS and B/W2. Some consider him the hardest trainer to beat and his Pikachu is the most high leveled Pokemon in any Pokemon Game. He appeared in all of the Pokemon Gens, from Gen 1 to Gen 6! What do you think of him? Did you have a hard time fighting him? Do you wish to see him in other Gens, with different Pokemons and a Mega Evolution?

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Yes, I want more Red! I bet he'd have a Mega Charizard X, yeah? But lets face it, Pikachu is hardly that much of a threat. I'm more worried about that Snorlax of his. It's just too bulky.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I love Red. He is one of my all time favorite Pokemon characters. Battling him is a ton of fun and usually a challenge. Although I love him, I don't want him to pop up anymore. I like Red being mysterious and I think if he keeps popping up it will take away from that. The only time I would want to see him again is in another Johto remake maybe years in the future haha. Or of course in a Kanto games remake as playable.

Red doesn't need any Mega Evolutions.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Red appeared in all of the gens? I'm gonna be honest with you here and say I don't remember that. :( After all, the different characters all had different names. Red appeared in Gen 1, Gen 2 and Gen 4.

As for what I think about Red...he's neat. Not much else to say about him but man is he tough to battle. I just realized if you played the original games you're technically battling yourself.

Red is the MC in Gen. 1 and 3. Red is on Mt. Silver for a battle in Gen. 2 and 4. He is in the PWT in Gen. 5.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Ya know I liked Red in Gen 2 but hated him onwards. After that it just felt like they were playing him up way too much. Like I get his hype, but he ain't that wonderful, and I've never found him as a challenge. :c

he's hot tho hey red how you

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
So the only generation Red is missing from is Gen 6? At least, so far he's been missing from that generation!

I really only battled Red once, way back when I played Silver. I don't remember much of the battle, except that his Snorlax gave me the most trouble. Probably because I didn't have a Pokemon with a super-effective type/move to take that beast down.

The only times I'd like to see Red return is if either Johto or Kanto was remade. As Toshiro said, Red is supposed to be mysterious, and the more that he's brought around, the lest mysterious he becomes. Though I did like his appearance in the PWT, since it showed that he was becoming more comfortable with being in the public's eye.

I just realized if you played the original games you're technically battling yourself.
Especially if you played Yellow.

Years
It was cool that they included the player character from the first game, because that was a nice surprise. I don't remember how much of a challenge he was for me in most of my initial playthroughs of GSC, but they did give him iconic Pokémon all-around. Admittedly it was nice of him to make a return in the PWT, as well.

Years
I never challenged Red, likely because I found Mt. Silver so difficult to climb (and the fact HG/SS's version needs Rock Climb on top of that) that I just decided not to bother with it. Didn't even take him on in the PWT either since I'm not a skilled battler in general.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
While I'm think about it, what about the other protagonists? Red is the only protagonist that we've ever seen come back again in another game. What about the other ones? For example, why didn't we see Ethan or May in the Champions Tournament of the PWT? Sure, Red's special as the first protagonist, but the others deserve some love too.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Seriously, I hate him.
*He's the Pikachu of trainers (ironic since he uses one). He appears everywhere, is over-hyped, isn't nearly as strong as the fandom makes him out to be, and is just plain annoying and creepy.
*He needs to learn how a Thunderstone operates. Keeping a Pokemon in an unevolved state at level 80+ is a noob move.
*He's pathetically weak once your Pokemon are close to his in levels.
*He kept my favorite character out of HG/SS and ruined those games for me.
*He's not much to look at.

At least he's no longer my most hated Pokemon character. That title now belongs to Shauna, because at least Red stays silent.

Ashes to Ashes

Serenade of Cerne
Years
I was never impressed with Red. Good battle at the end of the Johto games, but hes intentionally one dimensional and I hated him in Origins.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
So the only generation Red is missing from is Gen 6? At least, so far he's been missing from that generation!

I really only battled Red once, way back when I played Silver. I don't remember much of the battle, except that his Snorlax gave me the most trouble. Probably because I didn't have a Pokemon with a super-effective type/move to take that beast down.

The only times I'd like to see Red return is if either Johto or Kanto was remade. As Toshiro said, Red is supposed to be mysterious, and the more that he's brought around, the lest mysterious he becomes. Though I did like his appearance in the PWT, since it showed that he was becoming more comfortable with being in the public's eye.

Especially if you played Yellow.

Yeah he did appear on Gen 6, the pokemon origins anime, he had a mega charizard and that's gen 6, remember? But that's not gaming so let's not discuss that haha xD :x

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I've battled him a few times and it was definitely a challenge. I really don't think I ever bothered in hg/ss to go find him, so maybe now he wouldnt be so difficult for me. He's def a classic character and one that really gets older fans excited so it's nice to see him in the games. Though to be honest I wouldn't even notice if he didn't appear

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
As protagonist he's just like every other, a ten year old silent character that starts his Pokémon journey, nothing interesting to say about him. As opponent I wonder why he doesn't evolve his Pikachu. Seriously? A thunderstone only costs $2100, while he even pays you $16,800 if you beat him. Ash has a whole story about not evolving his Pikachu, but let's not talk about that. The game character is different from the anime character and the manga characters. So why do they have to give it a Pikachu too? In PWT, it can't even be at a higher level to compromise for being not fully evolved, no challenge at all.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
He was a cute cameo to have in G/S. Nothing more, nothing less, his existence is basically a nod to the storyline of pokémon. Expanding his character would do the series a disservice.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I think they he doesnt evolve his Pikachu because it was his starter, I think Pokemon Yellow is red's real story. Pikachu doesnt accept the thunderstone.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I think they he doesnt evolve his Pikachu because it was his starter, I think Pokemon Yellow is red's real story. Pikachu doesnt accept the thunderstone.

Nah, Pokemon Yellow is supposed to go along with the anime more. That's why they don't allow Pikachu to evolve there and they add the real "Nurse Joy" and Team Rocket trio.

In this case, it's just Game Freak being Game Freak and obsessing over Pikachu. At the very least they could have given it an eviolite in the PWT so it wouldn't be so wimpy.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I was fine with him, but I came to dislike him starting on Gen IV. He's an overrated character, he just saved a city not the entire planet/region like the other protagonists did. Moreover the love for him was so much that Green (or if you prefer Leaf)'s existence was completely written off from the series. :/

Back