• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project Sunrise

dudebot

Glowing Yellow
Years
Project Sunrise (Priority: Spriters)

Project: Glowing Sunset
Base: Pokemon FireRed​

PSInsignia4_zps98c10ff4.png

Introduction

Hello there. My name is dudebot.

I'm a guy who's relatively new to the hacking scene in most respects except playing them. Any hack I've been a part of has gone unfinished and with it, my confidence in completion has dropped over time.

However, I want to try my hand at creating a Project of a world known as Glowing Sunset.

Glowing Sunset is apart of a combination of a story being told in the Zetsuna region. The plan was to create a fanfiction (and eventually, a comic) alongside a hack and have them go hand in hand in some respects. The hack project I want to work on, Glowing Sunset, will be loosely based on key aspects of the fanfiction. I wanted this to be my ultimate storytelling in the Pokemon world.

Now, at first, I thought I would try to tackle the project on my own. I figured that if I edited a few sprites here and there, made one city/town at a time and did a little scripting, I would finish the hack as soon as I finished the fanfiction. That was stupid of me. I soon learned that there's a lot I don't know about hacking. There's a lot that it would take and I would have to study more than a few months worth of knowledge.

So, I ask of the hacking community to help me. Help a foolish dudebot create an experience worth noticing.

GlowingSunset1_zpsb9949f14.png

The Story of Glowing Sunset

This is the story of a child who was reluctant to accept their destiny . . .

A young woman with a gambling problem in Fortuna City found her addiction to require funding. Because of that, she took out a loan with a shady organization. Soon after, she became a young mother. In debt and fearing for the life of her newborn child, she fled Fortuna City and lived quietly in the obscure area known as Nomnom Town.

During this same time, the world became distorted. The atmosphere shifted and many Pokemon became uneasy.

15 years later . . . Two organizations have come to develop over the years.

A criminal organization named the Mob Squad flourishes and grabs a stronghold on the underworld, doing unimaginable and fiendish things.

An activist organization named the Green Team preach that Global Warming is approaching the planet and take it upon themselves to solve the problem that no one believes to exist.

You are a young teen, depressed by your close friend Faust abandoning you and Melancholy to start his Pokemon journey two years ago. Since then, you spend most of your time holed up in your room on the internet. However, one day, your mom tells you about a favor that Prof. Nemo wants . . .

[Full story upon acceptance into the team]

Warning:

This project is going to tackle some mature themes. Nothing over the top, but it definitely will NOT be as innocent as the summary will lead you to believe. I'm a proponent of storytelling and one rule is to follow the flow of the story. For example, if you include a mob in a story, they have to do mob-like things. I would never change the functions of the mob for child-friendly storytelling.

Some of the themes include: minor language, death, sexual themes (not a lot, but it's there), gang violence, etc.

My Skills include . . .

I have minor skill in most departments of Pokemon hacking. OW Maps, Spriting, Basic Scripting, Basic Tiling, Music Hacking to a degree, Low-level mapping and, on a good day, titlescreen design.

However, I consider myself an expert storyteller. No matter how good I get at anything else, the biggest strength that I will ever give to this project will be the story. That I promise.

WANTED:

Nothing wanted at the moment, but I will still actively hire extra hands with good enough proof.
Application Form

Applying for: (The position that you want)
Skill level: (Personal opinion of how good you are.)
Allotted Time: (How much time can you dedicate to this project a week?)
Proof of Work: (Doesn't need to be too fancy. Just proof that you can do what you say you can do. Requirement priority based on position.)
Contact Info: (Give me a way to reach you.)
Anything else?: (This is a space for anything extra that you want to tell me or notify me about.)

Current Members:
- dudebot (Storyline, sprites, tiles, mapping, consultant, here-and-there guy)
-crOw16 (Mapping - Beta Tester)
-Patrick Symus (Scripting)
-Theta (Storyline - Event coordinator)
-Blazikenboy (Spriting - Mapping)
-UltimaCircuit (Mapping - Tiling)
-pokefreake (Scripting)
-Varion (Music Hacking - etc)

Pure Beta-testers:
-bomberboy04
-Youngster Timmy

Banners
GlowingSunset2-1_zpsb753d6e1.png

J6mIo8M.png

PSInsignia1_zpsac942c1e.png

USERBARS
GSUserbar_zpsbdca4f3c.png

Last edited:

Extremeromhacker

I need ideas
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 7, 2013
I would love to join your team, I have only two questions.
1: Is it a Fire red hack?
2: Can we change the name?

Applying for: Scripting - Storyline
Skill level: In scripting.. Very good, I have written complex 400 line scripts before.
Allotted Time: 5 days maybe
Proof of work: One script I've written
#org $script
jingle
message $hey
$hey 1 = \c\h01\h06???: Hey!
boxset 6
applymovement 0xFF $look
$look 1 ; #binary 0x62 0x03 0xFE
pausemove 0
showsprite 5
applymovement 5 $ashwalk
$ashwalk 1 ; #binary 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x03 0xFE
pausemove 0
applymovement 0xFF $down1
$down1 1 ; #binary 0x04 0xFE
pausemove 0
message $come
$come 1 = \c\h01\h06ASH: Come here PIKACHU!
boxset 6
showsprite 6
applymovement 6 $pikawalk
$pikawalk 1 ; #binary 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0xFE
pausemove 0
cry 0xA1 25
nop
nop
message $pikachutalk
$pikachutalk 1 = \c\h01\h04PIKACHU: Pika!
boxset 6
applymovement 5 $up
$up 1 ; #binary 0x01 0xFE
pausemove 0
applymovement 0xFF $down
$down 1 ; #binary 0x04 0xFE
pausemove 0
message $talk
$talk 1 = \c\h01\h06ASH: This is my house.\nWhat are you doing here?
boxset 6
message $speak
$speak 1 = \c\h01\h08???: Maybe I can explain.
boxset 6
applymovement 0xFF $!
$! 1 ; #binary 0x62 0x03 0xFE
pausemove 0
applymovement 5 $!
pausemove 0
applymovement 6 $!
pausemove 0
pause 0x30
showsprite 7
playsound 0x12E
nop
applymovement 7 $oakwalk
$oakwalk 1 ; #binary 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0xFE
pausemove 0
message $oak
$oak 1 = \c\h01\h08OAK: ASH this is \v\h01.\nToday is the day he starts his\pvery own POKeMON journey!\nI've been looking for you\peverywhere \v\h01!
boxset 6
applymovement 5 $up
pausemove 0
applymovement 6 $up
pausemove 0
applymovement 0xFF $down
pausemove 0
message $ash
$ash 1 = \c\h01\h06ASH: Oh, now I understand.
boxset 6
applymovement 0xFF $right
$right 1 ; #binary 0x03 0xFE
pausemove 0
applymovement 5 $right
pausemove 0
message $oak1
$oak1 1 = \c\h01\h08OAK: \v\h01, I would like to\npresent you with a POKeMON!
boxset 6
fanfare 0x13D
givepokemon 25 5 0x8B
message $receivepikachu
$receivepikachu 1 = \v\h01 received a Pikachu!
boxset 4
waitfanfare
setflag 0x828
applymovement 5 $up
pausemove 0
applymovement 0xFF $down
pausemove 0
message $ash1
$ash1 1 = \c\h01\h06ASH: PIKACHU was my first POKeMON\ntoo!
boxset 6
applymovement 0xFF $right
pausemove 0
applymovement 5 $right
pausemove 0
message $oak2
$oak2 1 = \c\h01\h08OAK: PIKACHU is a very dependable\nstarter POKeMON.\pWith this PIKACHU \v\h01, I think\nyou will go far.\pI have only one additional request.\n\v\h01, I want you to take this\pPOKeDEX, and collect data on all\nthe POKeMON in KANTO!
boxset 6
fanfare 0x13E
message $receivepokedex
$receivepokedex 1 = \v\h01 received the POKeDEX!
boxset 4
waitfanfare
setflag 0x829
message $oak3
$oak3 1 = \c\h01\h08OAK: Now, I must be going.\n\v\h01, I wish you luck on your\pjourney.\nASH, I hope to see you again soon.
boxset 6
applymovement 7 $oakleave
$oakleave 1 ; #binary 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0xFE
pausemove 0
removesprite 7
fadesound 0x12C
nop
applymovement 5 $up
pausemove 0
applymovement 6 $up
pausemove 0
applymovement 0xFF $down
pausemove 0
message $ash2
$ash2 1 = \c\h01\h06ASH: I should be going too, but I\nthink you should take the LEAGUE\lchallenge.\pTravel through KANTO and collect\nGYM BADGES from the GYM LEADERS in\peach town.\pOnce you've collected all eight, you\ncan take the LEAGUE challenge.\pI hope we cross paths again.
boxset 6
applymovement 5 $ashleave
$ashleave 1 ; #binary 0x10 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x02 0xFE
pausemove 0
message $ash3
$ash3 1 = \c\h01\h06ASH: Come on PIKACHU!
boxset 6
applymovement 6 $pika!
$pika! 1 ; #binary 0x62 0x03 0xFE
pausemove 0
cry 0xA1 25
nop
nop
message $cry
$cry 1 = \c\h01\h04Pika pi!
boxset 6
applymovement 5 $ashleave1
$ashleave1 1 ; #binary 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0xFE
pausemove 0
removesprite 5
applymovement 6 $pikaleave
$pikaleave 1 ; #binary 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0xFE
pausemove 0
removesprite 6
setflag 0x1200
setvar 0x6000 0x0001
release
end
Contact Info: pm me - for my email
Anything else?: Maybe you could help me with my games, Pokémon Solar and Eclipse Version

Years
  • Age 26
  • Ohio
  • Seen Aug 16, 2014
Applying for: Mapper/beta tester
Skill level: I'd say decent. I wouldnt call myself the best.
Allotted Time: I'm a 16 year old on summer vacation... I say at least, 20 hours a week.
Proof of Work: Well, ive only done mapping on my own hacks that ive attempted and deemed too hard, and im more of an OW mapper. So i could get screen shots if needed.
Contact Info: skype: brandon.peters88 email: [email protected]
Anything else?: If given time afterwards, i would like to open the project of my hack i have in mind to this. Called Pokemon Cyborgs.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
Applying for: Scripter
Skill level: On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say a 6
Allotted Time: This summer I should be able to work on the project for 7 hours each week. (The time I give you mainly relies upon the work you give me. When I submit my work, I am done until you give me more.)
Proof of Work:
Spoiler:

Contact Info: PM, Skype, if you want anything else, just ask me if I have it.
Anything else?: If there is a day where I can't work, I will try to notify you... If you need any more proof of work, just ask for it...

dudebot

Glowing Yellow
Years
Sorry for the delay people. I went on vacation not too long ago.

I would love to join your team, I have only two questions.
1: Is it a Fire red hack?
2: Can we change the name?

Applying for: Scripting - Storyline
Skill level: In scripting.. Very good, I have written complex 400 line scripts before.
Allotted Time: 5 days maybe
Proof of work: One script I've written
Spoiler:

Contact Info: pm me - for my email
Anything else?: Maybe you could help me with my games, Pokémon Solar and Eclipse Version

1: I'm actually thinking about changing it to a Fire Red hack. However, I originally started off with it being a Ruby hack. Haven't changed that yet.
2: Well, I was trying to keep the "Sunset" aspect, but I'm not against changing it. What did you have in mind?

Also, you're accepted. I do actually need a co-writer and scripter especially. Tell me more about Pokemon Solar and Eclipse. I'll PM you.

Applying for: Mapper/beta tester
Skill level: I'd say decent. I wouldnt call myself the best.
Allotted Time: I'm a 16 year old on summer vacation... I say at least, 20 hours a week.
Proof of Work: Well, ive only done mapping on my own hacks that ive attempted and deemed too hard, and im more of an OW mapper. So i could get screen shots if needed.
Contact Info: skype: brandon.peters88 email: [email protected]
Anything else?: If given time afterwards, i would like to open the project of my hack i have in mind to this. Called Pokemon Cyborgs.

I'd like to see your mapping really quick before I accept, so I'll ask for a screenshot. It's not an issue with trust or anything, I just have this image I'm going for.

Also, if you're asking for help on your project release, I'd be happy to help where possible.

Applying for: Scripter
Skill level: On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say a 6
Allotted Time: This summer I should be able to work on the project for 7 hours each week. (The time I give you mainly relies upon the work you give me. When I submit my work, I am done until you give me more.)
Proof of Work:
Spoiler:

Contact Info: PM, Skype, if you want anything else, just ask me if I have it.
Anything else?: If there is a day where I can't work, I will try to notify you... If you need any more proof of work, just ask for it...

Accepted.

-------

Notifications:

-When the project starts, we'll likely be working through retroshare. If anybody has a solution they think to be better, let me know.
-The base for the game is currently Ruby. Possibly going to change to Fire Red.
-The project will begin picking up steam as soon as I have a mapper, scripter and tiler.

Years
Applying for: Storyline Writer and Event Coordinator
Skill level: Story: 8-9, Event: Haven't tried.
Allotted Time: Atleast 7 Hours a Week.
Proof of Work:
Spoiler:

Contact Info: Skype: s0nzoffear
Anything else?: The second character in my Skype is a ZERO (ALOT of people get that wrong)
Also: I'd Prefer to lead all the Stories on the Lengendaries but that's on you, also I work well with other people.

Last edited:

dudebot

Glowing Yellow
Years
Applying for: Storyline Writer and Event Coordinator
Skill level: Story: 8-9, Event: Haven't tried.
Allotted Time: Atleast 7 Hours a Week.
Proof of Work:
Spoiler:

Contact Info: Skype: s0nzoffear
Anything else?: The second character in my Skype is a ZERO (ALOT of people get that wrong)
Also: I'd Prefer to lead all the Stories on the Lengendaries but that's on you, also I work well with other people.

Accepted. I'll be PMing you with some details.

Notifications:

-We'll be working with FireRed as a base.
-The filesharing will be through Dropbox.
-All storyline writer positions have been filled.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
-------

Notifications:

-When the project starts, we'll likely be working through retroshare. If anybody has a solution they think to be better, let me know.
-The base for the game is currently Ruby. Possibly going to change to Fire Red.
-The project will begin picking up steam as soon as I have a mapper, scripter and tiler.
What if we worked through a chat room in Skype? It is a much simpler user interface, and we could all access a meeting on a mobile device if we needed it...

dudebot

Glowing Yellow
Years
What if we worked through a chat room in Skype? It is a much simpler user interface, and we could all access a meeting on a mobile device if we needed it...

That would be good for you all. Unfortunately, me and Skype don't quite get along, though I'll try my hand at it again for the sake of the project.

However, for all filesharing, I've decided on Dropbox. If anyone has any problem with Dropbox, let me know.

email: [email protected]
Dropbox name: dudebot Jones
Dropbox machine: dudebot-Machine

In the meantime, I'll survey everyone and PM you all everyone's Skype name and place them in the Dropbox when I collect them all.
--------
ORDER OF EVENTS:

So that we don't find ourselves in a clusterbomb mess of a project, I'll list the order of things I want to work on. Any objections will be taken into consideration.

-Story [Before we even start working towards the actual ROM, I want to make sure that the story is tight. I don't want to do too much rewriting during the course of another event, so I'll be going through the story with all the storyline writers before moving on to the next part.]

-Mapping [After the story pans out, we should be able to start mapping within days of it, if not hours. It's a definite that we will come back to it, so I'm only looking to start with mapping out the cities and the paths to those cities. Once that's finished, we'll move on to the next part and come back to map out events that aren't crucial to the main story such as hidden areas and the paths to legendaries.]

-Spriting [Naturally, I want to insert the necessary sprites after the map's been set out.]

-Scripting [I think this one's a no-brainer for us all. Hopefully, with everything else laid out, we should be able to ease any hold-ups in the scripting department.]

Now, obviously, I'm not going have people map, sprite or script the entire region in one go.

The way it works is simple enough. Once the first two Gym cities are finished being mapped, we'll get to sprite-inserting where we can. Once the first two Gym cities are sprite-filled, then we should be able to get the scripting team going. If we can keep everything running smooth in that fashion or something similar to it, we'll use the time as efficiently as possible.
--------
TEAMS:

So far, everyone's mutual line of communication has been through me. That'll change as soon as I set the general line of communication (hopefully by the end of the day). Until then, I ask that you be patient with me on this.

As an alternative, everyone working on the project is listed in the first post. If you can, I ask that you all try to get acquainted and make working together a bit simpler.

After I can outline our jobs properly, I'll likely take a backseat in some departments and act only as a consultant.

Years
OK, everyone on the team, please send me your Skype name, and i'll add you as a contact and put you in the teams skype group. Thanks!

Bomberboy04

Mighty Metagross
Years
If any positions for this are still open.
Applying for: Beta-tester
Skill level: Probably a never tried but from playing other hacks, I've learnt to explore everything I can.
Allotted Time: 3 hours when I have sports, 6 on a school day, and all day on a Saturday.
Proof of Work: Sorry, but I honestly have no clue how I can give proof on this position.
Contact Info: Skype: Essendonmiracles06, or PM me here
Anything else?: This would be my first beta-testing positing.

Last edited:

dudebot

Glowing Yellow
Years
If any positions for this are still open.
Applying for: Beta-tester
Skill level: Probably a never tried but from playing other hacks, I've learnt to explore everything I can.
Allotted Time: 3 hours when I have sports, 6 on a school day, and all day on a Saturday.
Proof of Work: Sorry, but I honestly have no clue how I can give proof on this position.
Contact Info: Skype: Essendonmiracles06, or PM me here
Anything else?: This would be my first beta-testing positing.

Don't worry about anything, Beta-testing is a first-come, first-serve basis. So, accepted.

However, as I pointed out before, it will be quite some time before we need someone to beta test what we have.

xboxmandude

Rom Hacker
Years
Hey there! Is it a fire red hack?
I can Change the start up screen(NOT TITLE SCREEN) and Gamefreak logo
and If you are sticking to Reds Story I'll send you a patch for Trainer sprites that will change all trainers to DS ones.

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2021
Applying for: Mapper
Skill level: OK, not bad but not great either.
Allotted Time: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 4pm-11pm. Tuesdays and Thursday 8pm-11pm.
Proof of Work: I would have to send this over a PM since I cannot post URLs yet.
Contact Info: My name on Skype is richardnara. Or you can PM me
Anything else?: I hope this hack turns out well :)

Last edited:

dudebot

Glowing Yellow
Years
Applying for: Mapper
Skill level: OK, not bad but not great either.
Allotted Time: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 4pm-11pm. Tuesdays and Thursday 8pm-11pm.
Proof of Work: I would have to send this over a PM since I cannot post URLs yet.
Contact Info: My name on Skype is richardnara. Or you can PM me
Anything else?: I hope this hack turns out well :)

PM me the screenshots when you get a chance. Accepted.

dudebot

Glowing Yellow
Years
Hey there! Is it a fire red hack?
I can Change the start up screen(NOT TITLE SCREEN) and Gamefreak logo
and If you are sticking to Reds Story I'll send you a patch for Trainer sprites that will change all trainers to DS ones.

So sorry, I forgot to respond.

I don't know if we need to change the start-up screen yet, but thanks for the offer.

--------

Notifications:

-The mapper positions are filled.
-The tileset professional position is filled.
-General line of communication is Skype.
-extremeromhacker has yet to respond. If he doesn't within five days, he will be wiped from the team.

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
Applying for: Scripter (or music hacker. if you give me the midi or .s file I can insert it. still learning that though)
Skill level: Middle (I can't do movement scripts right now. I just need to learn that)
Allotted Time: Depends. Probably 10- 20 hours a week I can dedicate to this.
Proof of Work: I can make a lot of scripts. (give items, random events, money, sounds, and others) Here is one example. If you want more just ask :).
Spoiler:

Contact Info: PC PM?
Anything else?: Nope :P

dudebot

Glowing Yellow
Years
Applying for: Scripter (or music hacker. if you give me the midi or .s file I can insert it. still learning that though)
Skill level: Middle (I can't do movement scripts right now. I just need to learn that)
Allotted Time: Depends. Probably 10- 20 hours a week I can dedicate to this.
Proof of Work: I can make a lot of scripts. (give items, random events, money, sounds, and others) Here is one example. If you want more just ask :).
Spoiler:

Contact Info: PC PM?
Anything else?: Nope :P
Accepted.

Do you have a Skype?

Back