• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] SPEE - Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Full Game]

How to do rate.

• Awesome!!!

Votes: 924 72.0%
  • Alright!

Votes: 190 14.8%
  • Average

Votes: 77 6.0%
  • Awful..

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Abomination....

Votes: 72 5.6%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2022
the limit break works as you said,i probably didn't explain clearly.
Your limitbreaks only start appearing when you are at limit status (25%hp).
but the lower your hp in limit the higher chance of limit break.

So if youre not in limit, you'll never get limit break. If youre at 25%it's 1/4
chance of imitbreak being available. At 12% it's 1/2.
At under 6% it'll always be available

Rm2k3 dosent let me properly mute. All I can do is stop music.
So it probably won't be much better.

Thanks for the clarification.

I'm looking forward to it!

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
DarkDoom, you still alive (This is indeed a bump, what of it.)

Limit Break seems to be worth the risk. I like to abuse it. :D

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2018
From someone who signed up solely just for your game

Hello. First and foremost, I want to thank and commend you for making this game! I just recently came across it and let me tell you how much I'm already in love with it. I'm a sucker for Eevee and its evolutions, they've been my favorite Poke- er.... Pokémon since childhood (and probably the only constant in my life) and I'm a sucker for JRPGS, so there was no doubt you got me hooked.
It also helps that I've always wanted a Pokémon game with a traditional battle system. I love you even more for adding Eeveeon. I can see you gave this game quite a lot of thought, and your production value is proof of it.

Secondly, I have a few questions, mostly about the battle system. I don't have the time to browse 44 pages worth of posts so I apologize if it's already answered. Here goes:

• Is Same Type Attack Bonus and Critical Hits present in this game? I didn't notice since I've been using mostly Eeveeon and landing super-effective hits (it's very refreshing for Eevee to have a large movepool for once, y'know?) every single time.
  • How are stat boosts calculated in battle? I spam the moves quite a lot and I don't see any noticeable effects. I guess I'm used to Pokémon's system of buffing up to 6 times and expected a wrecking ball fluffy puppy. Force of habit, I guess.
  • Is it safe to assume moves are directly lifted from 4th Gen's movelist? It was purely by instinct I leveled my Caterpie up to 15 to get Bug Bite, and I'd like to know if postponing evolution for other Pokémon would be beneficial too (it would be nice to have more than one Everstone if that's the case).
Lastly, I'd like to offer some suggestions. How about some audiovisual cues to when you land a super-effective and not-very-effective hits, like color-coded damage values and/or special sound effects? Other than text confirmations of course, it would be a pain scrolling through all that.
Also, how about changing how you acquire your Tetra stones through quests? It would be somewhat like Mega Man, giving players the option to choose which order of "power-ups" they want.

Again, thank you for making this game. Good luck to your studies, and have a wonderful holiday season.

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
  • Is Same Type Attack Bonus and Critical Hits present in this game? I didn't notice since I've been using mostly Eeveeon and landing super-effective hits (it's very refreshing for Eevee to have a large movepool for once, y'know?) every single time.
  • How are stat boosts calculated in battle? I spam the moves quite a lot and I don't see any noticeable effects. I guess I'm used to Pokémon's system of buffing up to 6 times and expected a wrecking ball fluffy puppy. Force of habit, I guess.
  • Is it safe to assume moves are directly lifted from 4th Gen's movelist? It was purely by instinct I leveled my Caterpie up to 15 to get Bug Bite, and I'd like to know if postponing evolution for other Pokémon would be beneficial too (it would be nice to have more than one Everstone if that's the case).
STAB sadly doesn't exist in this game. :( . Thats one major annoyance with RPGmaker 2003, it's that the battle system can't be customised all too well. criticals, im not too sure of. I think it does, but can't be for certain.

The movepool is mostly 4th gen, but updated so that every fully evolved pokemon will learn atleast 16 attacks naturally. So i've added a bunch of new moves and whatnot.

and yes, caterpie does learn bug bite at lv 15, as an added bonus, evolved pokemon will retroactively learn attacks they would have. so when you evolve your caterpie to butterfree, it'll instantly learn confusion, poison,stun and sleep powders.
Lastly, I'd like to offer some suggestions. How about some audiovisual cues to when you land a super-effective and not-very-effective hits, like color-coded damage values and/or special sound effects? Other than text confirmations of course, it would be a pain scrolling through all that.
Sadly, the rigid battle system doesn't allow me to do stuff like that. the best indication would be the change in damage. but thats also hard to calculate due to defence stats and whatnot.
Also, how about changing how you acquire your Tetra stones through quests? It would be somewhat like Mega Man, giving players the option to choose which order of "power-ups" they want.
Hmm, thats a really good idea. I do like megaman. hmm...I think im gonna take that idea to heart. It would take a bit of work. I would have to modify a bunch of code to get that working. but i think ill do it... eventually. Don't expect to see it in demo 7,

Again, thank you for making this game. Good luck to your studies, and have a wonderful holiday season.
Thanks, i will do. :D

Years
School has been kicking my butt, but I can finally see the updates.

2 things:
1. Disappointed to see that there's no new demo :(
2. Excited about all the updates

With the communication thing, are you gonna have everyone post here or are you gonna ask the mods of pokecommunity to possibly allow you to have a forum for it (like raptor)

66hunter66

Itrainespeons. :D
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2017
Your doing an amazing job with this game, but I was wondering if you were planning on making all Pokemon Shiny-able? A shiny Gengar to go with my shiny Charizard would be just lovely! :D
Another petty question, are you going to be fixing the recycle mechanic in the next update? Some of the Tm's and Items don't work, no matter if you have all of the items needed or not, and I think there was one or two that didn't even use all of the items.
Other than that, good luck with your tests, and keep coming up with an amazing game!

DarkDoom3000

Years
School has been kicking my butt, but I can finally see the updates.

2 things:
1. Disappointed to see that there's no new demo :(
2. Excited about all the updates

With the communication thing, are you gonna have everyone post here or are you gonna ask the mods of pokecommunity to possibly allow you to have a forum for it (like raptor)

Yeah... sorry about no demo. I had upgraded the scale of the update. from a simple update, it's a bit of a revamp. more of a systems revamp.

because of all the back-end changes, im working through the game map to map applying the changes. The good thing is that later updates shouldn't take nearly as long as this one.

We'll see how much intrest the communication thing gathers when the game releases. If the thread gets flooded with ID requests, then I could ask cerbila for a seperate thread.

Your doing an amazing job with this game, but I was wondering if you were planning on making all Pokemon Shiny-able? A shiny Gengar to go with my shiny Charizard would be just lovely! :D
Another petty question, are you going to be fixing the recycle mechanic in the next update? Some of the Tm's and Items don't work, no matter if you have all of the items needed or not, and I think there was one or two that didn't even use all of the items.
Other than that, good luck with your tests, and keep coming up with an amazing game!

Yeah, eventally all pokemon will be able to be shinified. Ill hopefully have it done by the next version; but i might skip it to ship the next version more quickly.

And yeah, the refining system is getting an overhawl. It's going to be much easier to navigate and see the bigger picture. (sort of like a skill tree)

Last edited:

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
Wow, I've been inactive for awile.
I'm pretty sure I finished my job, but not all of it has been implemented last time I checked in 0.6. However, I must congratulate you, DarkDoom, on your progress. This thread needs a little more attention in my opinion :P

On a side note, anymore spellchecking that needs to be done?

DarkDoom3000

Years
@akura

@bckc
Don't worry about it, I've been slacking off more. :P

I've been basically re-writing the game. making pacing of the story better and whatnot
found that the first encounter with M is a huge information dump. seemed better to slowly explain everything, ie: giving the player the backstory more slowly.

On the plus side, I've been much more careful with my spellings; but some errors may have slipped through.

Last edited:

Lockmaster24

Years
Wow, you, careful with spelling :p

I'm sure we can deal with some slips, also i'm sorry but names spelt incorrectly irritate me. Make sure you check spelling of pokemon names with serebii or something.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2011
I just gave this "hack" a testrun of sorts, and I have to say, from what I've seen [veeeery little :P], this definitely seems like an interesting sort of idea. No offense to "conventional" hacks, but I like the notion of a more "original" idea like this one.

I do have a couple questions [like everyone, it seems], regarding certain features of this:
1. I've looked on this thread, the website, and in various files of the download, and for the life of me, I can't find certain instructions/directions [for example, I didn't even know the game had a pause menu until an hour after starting]. Is there a guide/explanation of it that I missed somewhere? >.<
2. Relating to the above, sorta, I did find some intructions, but trying them in-game, a lot of them didn't work [for example, the shortcuts for the dex, tetra evolution, etc. were different from the shortcuts you said they were]. Wanted to see if it was a mistake on my end or something else.
3. Probably the least relevant, but I also couldn't find an answer to this and I have no idea how your program handles this. Will save files from this version [Beta 0.603] carry over to future versions or would a restart be required?

Thanks in advance and sorry if these questions aren't too straightforward. >.<

DarkDoom3000

Years
@lockmaster:
Well, ill try my hardest. :P

I just gave this "hack" a testrun of sorts, and I have to say, from what I've seen [veeeery little :P], this definitely seems like an interesting sort of idea. No offense to "conventional" hacks, but I like the notion of a more "original" idea like this one.

I do have a couple questions [like everyone, it seems], regarding certain features of this:
1. I've looked on this thread, the website, and in various files of the download, and for the life of me, I can't find certain instructions/directions [for example, I didn't even know the game had a pause menu until an hour after starting]. Is there a guide/explanation of it that I missed somewhere? >.<
2. Relating to the above, sorta, I did find some intructions, but trying them in-game, a lot of them didn't work [for example, the shortcuts for the dex, tetra evolution, etc. were different from the shortcuts you said they were]. Wanted to see if it was a mistake on my end or something else.
3. Probably the least relevant, but I also couldn't find an answer to this and I have no idea how your program handles this. Will save files from this version [Beta 0.603] carry over to future versions or would a restart be required?

Thanks in advance and sorry if these questions aren't too straightforward. >.<

The game gets whackier as you progress.
Yeah, the game isn't too good at instructions i found out. The next version should be better at explaining stuff. Both for people who've never played this game, and for people who've never played a pokemon game at all.

1-The readme file that comes with the game should explain simple stuff, including the controls. Professor oak also shows the controls in the introduction.

2- You might not have the items required to use the hotkey. I might has mislabeled the tetra element hotkey ingame.

Shift: Bike
1: Open Map, Phone or Quest Log
2: Open Pokedex, Badge Case or Trainer ID(can only use once you've talked to oak)
3: Day/Night/Old/New System(can only use once obtained)
4: ManMan2000(once obtained)
5: Tetra element(switch evee forms)(can only use once you have eevee)
6: Team Switcher (once obtained)

3- Usually it would carry over, but the next update (v0.7) is a big revamp, It will require a new game. :/
Future version after that should be able to use v0.7 save files.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2011
The game gets whackier as you progress.
Yeah, the game isn't too good at instructions i found out. The next version should be better at explaining stuff. Both for people who've never played this game, and for people who've never played a pokemon game at all.

1-The readme file that comes with the game should explain simple stuff, including the controls. Professor oak also shows the controls in the introduction.

2- You might not have the items required to use the hotkey. I might has mislabeled the tetra element hotkey ingame.

Shift: Bike
1: Open Map, Phone or Quest Log
2: Open Pokedex, Badge Case or Trainer ID(can only use once you've talked to oak)
3: Day/Night/Old/New System(can only use once obtained)
4: ManMan2000(once obtained)
5: Tetra element(switch evee forms)(can only use once you have eevee)
6: Team Switcher (once obtained)

3- Usually it would carry over, but the next update (v0.7) is a big revamp, It will require a new game. :/
Future version after that should be able to use v0.7 save files.

Whackier can be good. :D I've checked out the screenshots of Necro's battle/domain and I was wondering [again, since I hadn't played anywhere far enough], will the battle be a "challenge"? Not the kind of hair-pulling, rage-quitting challenge some people adore, but it seemed from the screenies like the battle seems a bit easy. Was it just because it's the first one or are the screenshots purposely deceptive? :P

1. The readme did explain some controls, but a majority [well, a few, anyway], it didn't. [at least the one I have.. which should be the most recent] It only gives the following instructions:

CONTROLS:
=========
Directions Move
Enter/Space/Z Select/Talk/Examine
Esc/X/C/V/B/N/ Back/Cancel
Shift Hop on Bike

F12 Restart
F4 Exit Full Screen
F5 Toogle Screen Size

I suppose the main one left out was how to open the "menu" which is why I was so lost about it, but it also doesn't tell the number-based shortcuts [your online walkthrough did, however, and... I find it weird how I missed something so obvious. Maybe I had a fail moment] Alas, Oak's instructions elude my memory. >.<

2. I just tested it real quick and all the shortcuts [that should work right now] do, but I swear they didn't before. Maybe it was my imagination, I'm not sure. But the Tetra element hotkey does work. [I remember something about being able to use it in-battle and I think I tried but it didn't work but.. again, might be my imagination]

3. Aww.. guess I'll wait for that one to start devotedly playing it, then.

And of course, good luck and thank you for responding so quickly. :D

Lockmaster24

Years
I understand you try your best. I mean, I suck at spelling, but you have a site deticated to pokemon with all the names there for you to use.

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
Haha, I've been pretty bored recently (Playing Maplestory in my basement >_>).
I might start the RMXP conversion again, though I need to start all over.
The only thing stopping me right now is that v.7 is a complete overhaul :/

EDIT: Wait...
1. Play on regular save file
2. Create new save file
3. Get Trainer ID
4. ?
5. Profit!

EDIT 2: Wow, I keep needing to add things right after I post.
Anyway, DarkDoom, may I have editing privileges on your guides? They're wonderful, but the mistakes makes me so annoyed >_>

DarkDoom3000

Years
I understand you try your best. I mean, I suck at spelling, but you have a site deticated to pokemon with all the names there for you to use.
Yeah, true that. I don't really use pokemon names much except for battles, so it shouldn't be too much errors in that respect.

I might start the RMXP conversion again, though I need to start all over.
The only thing stopping me right now is that v.7 is a complete overhaul :/

The mapping is much the same, that would be a good starting off point?

EDIT: Wait...
1. Play on regular save file
2. Create new save file
3. Get Trainer ID
4. ?
5. Profit!

Yeah, i thought about that. right now; you don't get trainer card until you get eevee, you have to play a bit.

But the other option would be that you could only view your ID from the rainbow tower, which would mean you have to play through half the game to view the id.

EDIT 2: Wow, I keep needing to add things right after I post.
Anyway, DarkDoom, may I have editing privileges on your guides? They're wonderful, but the mistakes makes me so annoyed >_>
Sure, gimmie your google account and ill make it editable to you.

I've done some decent progress throught the last few days, the 1/3 done. (ie: script and balance has been updated to the point where you fight necro.)

Since I can't really show the rebalance, I might as well post some things i've been thinking about.

Female Character.

Someone posted whether you could play as a female character, I said you couldn't but now that i think about it; It shouldn't be *too* hard to put it in there. Im not gonna do it anytime soon; but if i were to, The roles of Crystal and Gold would be switched around. The thing that could take a large amount of time would be to switch around the face graphics every time the main character speaks.

Rival Mode

I was thinking about having an alternate mode, or sidequests or somthing where you play as the rival and go through parts of the game in his point of view. Would be a good way to build up his backstory. If i were to do something like that it would be a long way off.
Still undecided whether it would be a seperate down, expansion or just a sidequest thing.

Preview Demo???

I'm thinking of releasing a kind of "preview" demo. since i haven't released anything for a while.
also people could comment if it's too easy, too hard etc. It would go up to necro, but ill probably release maps so further areas will be reachable once i've balanced them too.

Lockmaster24

Years
Really, you play maple. So do I. :D

Female Character.

Someone posted whether you could play as a female character, I said you couldn't but now that i think about it; It shouldn't be *too* hard to put it in there. Im not gonna do it anytime soon; but if i were to, The roles of Crystal and Gold would be switched around. The thing that could take a large amount of time would be to switch around the face graphics every time the main character speaks.
You could do it like Black and White and have two original heros and keep Crystal as she is or make an original female "rival" (loose term for crystal) and make Crystal the female character.

Of course there is the extreme of not making the main characters gender clear and putting Gold in there as another NPC.

Back