• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Pokemon Version.

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2013
Which pokemon version is the best you played?
mine is emerald. because it gave me a huge challenge.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
All of them are great in their own way. Storywise I would say BW2 are my favourites. Although I wish they would have made it more like an open world, because one thing I really hate is, the restriction not getting further since some stupid NPC is blocking the way for some ridiculous reason...

But the story was really great and also you could catch Pokemon of old reagions really early in the game.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Without a doubt the game I love the most is Black2/White2 version, its the one that brings me the most joy and enjoyment of all the games + most of my favorite Pokemon are from the 5th gen, so getting the chance to play along side with them is the best.

Years
Black 2 and White 2 of course!

So many features, so many Pokemon, so many sidequests... and I love 5th Generation a lot.

TheHitAndKill

Youtube Me TheHitAndKill
Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
Emerald was the best to me.... anyone that says B/W 1 or 2 is the best should be hit in the face. The game was mad fun but some of the pokemon designs looked pathetic.

Archenoth

(cozy)
Years
If you would've asked me a while ago, I would have said Emerald because of all of the things you could do in it... But Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 completely blew it out of the water content-wise. There is just so much to do in those games.

Stormborn

Indecisive
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Easily Gold/Silver.

Two regions made for plenty of content and the links between RBY and them just made the game so much better. Not to mention the splitting of the Special stat which while not as big as Physical/Special split was also cool.

Pearl/Diamond would be a close second, the changes they introduced and the actual Sinnoh region was just plain cool.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Ruby, Platinum, SoulSilver, and White 2 all have to be my favorite versions to date.

─ Ruby was the first Pokémon game I got, and I've played it more times than I can remember.
─ Platinum, to me, was near perfect. It had a fantastic level curb, a nice variety of Pokémon, and it managed to correct the things Diamond and Pearl did wrong.
─ SoulSilver (and HeartGold) are GameFreak's current best remakes and they're just a lot of fun. You get to enjoy everything from the originals and then some.
─ White 2 I just recently finished ─ well, I beat the Elite 4 anyway ─ and it was an all around great game. A big improvement over Black and White in my opinion.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
i'd say crystal or heartgold and soulsilver. johto was great and heartgold and soulsilver improved upon the originals so well. i havent played black and white 2 yet though so i cant compare the johto games with those.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Pokemon platinum is my all-time favourite game. It is where I met the best pokemon I'd ever have: TORTERRA!

Back