Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Research & Development

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!
Research & Development programs in this forum are subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old July 3rd, 2014 (09:12 AM).
Phenom2122

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Aruaruu:
It will only take 36 slots or so for the brains spreads, maybe even less because of using other spreads you already made. That is minus the Factory Head's team since it cannot be changed.

It is not that concerning. It is just a nitpick.
Yeah actually I just thought carefully about what I said there. If this works with the IV value then of course that will happen, makes sense. It's a small price to pay for something so awesome. However, it would be nice if the battle frontier was exempt from this because as far as I understand there are already EV spreads for the battle frontier. I suppose if I translated all those entries to this new ev spread then I could theoretically free up the original spread as free space?
Old November 26th, 2014 (03:59 AM).
Lance32497
LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts

Nature: Adamant
aahhhm?? What makes this hack unique? No! Its very unique, just wondering, how the Trainer EV's affect the entire game? Does it share his Pokemons EV stat?

Old December 29th, 2014 (04:28 PM).
DizzyEgg

Nature: Timid
Quick question.
"First you will need to insert this ASM."
What exactly is ASM? I looked it up, but only found out it's connected to Assembly.
And where exactly am I supposed to insert this?
Old December 29th, 2014 (05:07 PM).
jAvAcOlA
Banned

Quick question.
"First you will need to insert this ASM."
What exactly is ASM? I looked it up, but only found out it's connected to Assembly.
And where exactly am I supposed to insert this?
Check out this tutorial under the "Having fun with ASM" section: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=117917#ASM1

This is how I first learned. Inserting ASM seems insanely complex when you first come across it, but you'll realize it's really straight forward.

You're gonna need to know how to hex edit as well, which is also very easy once you understand the basics.
Old December 30th, 2014 (10:02 AM). Edited January 4th, 2015 by DizzyEgg.
DizzyEgg

Nature: Timid
Quote:
You will also need to find x1000 bytes of space, and change the .EV_Table variable in the method to point to it (I used xF00000). This is where the spreads will go. The method gives you 256 spreads to use- this is not full control, but it is more than you are likely to need (the Emerald Battle Frontier only uses around 36 IIRC). The EV Spread table format is:
So...I don't quite understand this. What bytes are we talking about? Those before where I inserted the routine? Also how do I change the EV_Table variable? Am I supposed to do it in XSE or some other editor? If so, how is it done?
Sorry for the nooby question. I'd be very grateful if someone could help me.

Edit: I've finally made this work. Thank you Doesn'tKnowHowToPlay for your routine!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links