• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Aquamarine Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
logogk9.png

CONTENTS
1. Technical Stuff
2. Introduction
3. Storyline
4. New Stuff (as of 12th February 2008)
5. Screenshots

---
1. TECHNICAL STUFF
This is a fangame made with RPG Maker XP. Pokémon is copyright Nintendo, GAME FREAK and Creatures Inc. The game's creator does not claim to own Pokémon. However, the creator does claim rights to all Pokémon, places and people in this game.

The creator does in no way mean infringement of copyright.

2. INTRODUCTION
Welcome to Eldar, the new region. Meet over 150 new Pokémon on your journey to defeat Team Enigma once and for all. Game made in English. Basic reading ability required.

3. STORYLINE
The story of Aquamarine is as follows.

In the quiet town of Alderwood, in the far South West of Eldar, nothing huge ever happens, or has happened. It is a quiet place for people wishing to see the countryside to live. It just so happens that it is also the home of the Hornbeam Pokémon laboratory, where trainers in the rural area of Eldar are given their first Pokémon, and sent to experiment and grow with them in the fields nearby. But we start our story with our hero waking up in the morning to a shock. Team Enigma has struck for the first time in Alderwood Town.

In the night, it appears that Artemis'* sister, Fiona, has been kidnapped in the night, and it was all too easy to see that the perpetrator was in fact Team Enigma, the renowned villains of Eldar. Fiona is in need of help, and the only person who can help is Artemis.

Leaving him a choice of her three favourite Pokémon, Strigiroot the Grass type, Scorblaze the Fire type, and Ursizu the water type, and also equipping him with Pokédex. After Professor Hornbeam enquires about the subject, he suggests Artemis take the Pokémon League challenge to travel Eldar in hope of discovering the Enigma Base, and to teach him a lesson in Pokémon.

As Jonathan takes the fateful forest walk through Route 1, he wonders what adventures will come to him with his new Pokémon, and the dangers that lay ahead...

Meanwhile, after extracting information from Fiona, Team Enigma are on the move to Fortel City, a place in the very centre of Eldar, on the Legend Mountain itself, in search of a missile, which will propel the universe as we know it into a different universe, controlled by the mysterious creatures AMBIPHERE and GARNAMID. Will the entities of good and evil collide at the climax of this trouble? Will the power of AMBIPHERE and GARNAMID be unleashed? And what peril will fall Jonathan as he journeys to rescue his helpless sister?

4. NEW STUFF
In Pokémon Aquamarine, there are a lot of new things, including new antagonists, new protagonists, and new challenges. Aside from these new things, we also have new Pokémon, which are an amalgamation of mine and another staff member, OMGLOLZORS' imagination. Here is the list of new Pokémon so far (with images where available).

NB: Sorry for the coloured backgrounds; they are for transparency within the game engine.

1. STRIGIPHYLL - Grass/Flying - Owl - Designed by Lorem Ipsum
2. STRIGRASS - Grass/Flying - Flight - Designed by Lorem Ipsum
3. STRIDGIROOT - Grass/Flying - Fruit Pokémon - Designed by Lorem Ipsum
4. SCORBLAZE - Fire - Scorpion - Designed by Lorem Ipsum
5. SCORPIASH - Fire - Scorpion - Designed by Lorem Ipsum
6. SCORNFERNO - Fire/Ground - Flame Pokémon - Designed by Lorem Ipsum
7. URSIZU - Water - Bear - Designed by Lorem Ipsum
8. URSACQUA - Water - Bear - Designed by Lorem Ipsum
9. URSIACCIO - Water/Ice - Polar - Designed by Lorem Ipsum
10. CHASTIG - Bug/Dark - Evil Worm Pokémon - Designed by Lorem Ipsum
11. COCHAOS - Bug/Dark - Spike Pokémon - Designed by Lorem Ipsum
12. HADEMOTH - Bug/Dark - Evil Pokémon - Designed by Lorem Ipsum
13. PHEASEY - Flying - Pheasant Pokémon - Designed by Lorem Ipsum
14. PHEASRIA - Flying - Pheasant Pokémon - Designed by Lorem Ipsum
15. PHEARMA - Flying/Steel - Armoured Pokémon - Designed by Lorem Ipsum
16. ---
17. ---
18. ---
19. MEZMIRÉE - Dark/Psychic - Feline Pokémon - Designed by Lorem Ipsum
20. PROWLINE - Dark/Psychic - Feline Pokémon - Designed by Lorem Ipsum
21. ---
22. ---
23. CASTFORM - Normal - Weather Pokémon - Designed by Nintendo
24. CLIMTHER - Normal - Climate Pokémon - Designed by Lorem Ipsum
25. ABDABOUR - Bug/Fighting - Colonial Pokémon - Designed by Lorem Ipsum
26. ---
27. MANZAP - Water/Electric - Jellyfish Pokémon - Designed by Lorem Ipsum
28. ---
29. ---
30. ---
31. GREMPKLIN - Grass/Dark - Pumpkin Pokémon - Designed by OMGLOLZORS
32. JAKOLANTUN - Grass/Dark - Pumpkin Pokémon - Designed by OMGLOLZORS
33. GIGGHOUL - Dark/Ghost - Malevolent Pokémon - Designed by OMGLOLZORS
34. HAIJYNX - Dark/Ghost - Jester Pokémon - Designed by OMGLOLZORS
35. PHANPY - Ground - Long Nose Pokémon - Designed by Nintendo
36. DONPHAN - Ground - Armour Pokémon - Designed by Nintendo
37. SNIPHAN - Ice - Glacier Pokémon - Designed by Lorem Ipsum

5. SCREENSHOTS
scrwh6.gif

6. NEWS
Target Demo Release date: March 1st

FINAL NOTE
Really need a spriter, and that's why there are no battle screenshots.

Lorem out.

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Overall the game looks good but I've an advice.
I don't like those fake mon.
They don't look like a POKEMON.
Anyway I could help you to make titlescreen. PM me if you need one^^

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
I no longer need any more spriters.

Thank you OmegaGroudon, but I already have a title screen. Our overworld spriter has given us a new trainer overworld style for Aquamarine, which I look forward to screenshotting.

BIG NEWS: The pre-demo will be available by the end of December - early January. Yes, that's anything between today and two weeks from now. The demo will include three routes, three towns, two gym battles, 16-20 Pokémon, and a cave. You will also get the chance to meet Team Enigma in the final town. Note that it is the pre demo. This is a tiny portion of the game just to give you a taster.

The beta test of the game, will include anything up to half of the game, but will be released later in 2008. The pre demo is just so you can see how the game is going at the moment, and ask us to fix some stuff before we've already done something that means we would need to restart the entire project.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
Years
this doesnt look so bad, Manzap looks quite ok, but Tomatiny looks a little bad. Is the fire starter a rabbit? i have the same idea for that on Pkmn Fire and Ice as well, at least the names arent the same as mine.

Years
Story nice!
SOrry but the fakemon in this game dont look good :p
DOnt look like pokemon att all and just badly made..
But the rest of your game looks good!
You should try to find a better spriter for fakemon's it makes your game much better !

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 2, 2023
Yes the fakemon aren't upto the mark but doesn't matter you're first try maybe do not loose heart ^^

Years
Yes the fakemon aren't upto the mark but doesn't matter you're first try maybe do not loose heart ^^

Yeah exacly, dont need to give up because anyone gave you some bad crit:P
It's just mine opinion of the looks, and because it's your first try, it's possible you can change everything later in the game when you are more experienced ;)

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Not so bad. I cna tell this project will succeed. Just those fakemon are horrible.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
The pre-demo is close to release. Don't complain about how short it is, I've already warned you that it is a pre-demo. You have two routes, two towns, one with a gym leader. You only have one trainer at the moment, but I can add more if you feel the need to.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Just a bit of advice with fake Pokémon:
On all official games, the starter Pokémon each have a total of 4 arms/wings/legs. If you go with that, your Pokémon will look more professional.
And yeah, you might want to consider Pokémon Acanthite's starters - they were originally a seed, a snake and a squid, all without limbs. Changing them to the new ones they're using made the game look a lot better.

Hope you take this into account; I decided to completely scratch the (extremely) unoriginal starters I had. Instead, when I started making my game, I made 3 new ones. It seriously improved the look of my game.

BTW, don't go looking for it; I haven't done enough to qualify for a thread :P.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and change some of your names. Homophones generally sound childish to other people (looks at Jakolantun) ;).

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Thanks Wichu.

I am thinking of restartying the project altogether. At the moment, it is going pretty badly, and I want this to be one of the top fangames. If I do restart, I would be looking for a new team. A totally new team. This game would be better. What do you think?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
You could do...
In fact, I would, at least, recommend redesigning the Pokémon. If the maps are good, keep them. When I'd just started making Fakemon, they were horrendously bad. However, with lots of practice, they look nearly official - I could show an example if you want.

But if you really want to make your game stand out, you'll have to change a lot more than the Pokémon - like interface graphics, moves, items etc.
And get yourself a spriter - I'm sure there would be many people who would help.
And sorry, I can't help, since I'm currently working on my own game.

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
I can help in Graphics!
Maybe u send me the sketch of the pokemon, I can help colour it but not make it into sprite.
I juz colour them.

1KewlDude

Really busy... STRESS!!
Years
I'm a mapper, pal editor and a little bit of a spriter, I don't think I can make a professional looking pokemon from scratch but I'm good at making fusions and recolours.

I'll PM you an example.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
This game has been fully and completely redone. Take a look at the first post for the new information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back