• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: DSLN: An Emerald Hacked Engine

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
I think new Fishing Rod behavior someone mentioned could be done maybe as an item script replace hack, fairly easily (Although I haven't played the newer gens so I'm not 100% sure what the behavior is). If I ever get into hacking Emerald, I might do that one myself. Altho' a script for that would probably work for both Firered and Emerald!

I'd like to see shadow pokemon (if that hasn't already been done - coulda swear I saw a hack floating around with it). Randomized trainer pokemon and randomized givepokemon, so you could have a truly random rogue-like game for the lulz that changes every time you play. It might be easier to do only semi-random and, I don't know, call from the local wild pokemon tables, which at first glance doesn't sound very useful but if you randomized which table you picked from it would be very random indeed and also would naturally prevent legendaries from popping up!

Alternatively and probably even better, I'd like to see changing a trainer's pokemon with a specific pokemon on the fly, which would have lots of uses, so a user could choose to randomize it themselves if they wanted, or do a check and see, say, if the player is above a certain level so make all the trainer's pokemon evolved, or allow you to make a trainers pokemon shiny/etc, I dunno, stuff like that.

edit: okay, fishing rod seems a little harder than I thought at first. probably will actually not be the same script across versions, if it can indeed be done as a script.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2021
Can anyone provide an hacked version of this rom? I'm unable install the hack using the python executable file. I need it for creating a dedicated sprite insertion software for emerald as well. You can check out my current version of the software which can insert sprites, palettes, and even them them both with super ease and precision in Fire Red though.... - https://github.com/divinemamgai/PokemonSpriteInserter

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Touched, can you help me add the tag battles? I've been trying to do it ever since you've released this, but can't. I get this.

rb1y6.jpg

So Le and I decided to try out with a version of install.py you used trying to teach him a while back, on his computer. We inserted it, made our table, and all of that, but when challenged by trainers, the game would reset.

If it helps, here's what I have in the DSLN folder:

h3Znz.jpg

And in the Tag Team:

ghqsq.jpg

Please, help in this would be greatly appreciated. This is an amazing feature that I would love to add to my hack, but haven't been able to.

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
Touched, can you help me add the tag battles? I've been trying to do it ever since you've released this, but can't. I get this.

Looks like the devkitARM binaries aren't in your path and so Windows can't find them. The Mega Evolution tutorial describes how to do this, so try following that and seeing if that gets you any further.

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
The only things which worry me about Emerald are the highly personalized cutscenes and splash screens when battling legendaries. These are going to be a real pain in the butt to personalize to a hack (Granted, they can just be skipped, but wouldn't it be fun to have a cutscene personalized to your game?). Also, has research on the Pokemon animations come far enough that we can customize them? The title screen also scares me.

Once these worries are out of the way though, I will be all for graduating to Emerald, since I really want to utilize its expanded features and what has been started here. Hidden Abilities? Yes please!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Hi, I am fairly new to the ROM hacking and I am at work when I write this so I can't check for myself. Have the spoken about features been input into the file, I have looked at the GitHub you linked and it description (not the files itself) doesn't seem to have be updated since 7 years ago, when this thread was created.

I tried googling a picture of this software and I found varying pictures such as a black config screen and then something that looks similar to Advance Map Editor. I am mainly curious how user friendly this software is. Is someone like me with no coding experience going to be able to pick it up and fiddle around with the EVs and IVs of a trainers team? Or am I going to have to learn a second language to use this software.

Last edited:
Back