• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Where can i get Cut???? Help xD
These kind of questions can go here now. *sigh*, there goes half the future posts in this thread.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't answer the question.
Spoiler:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
Yay, you're back with this! :D One of my favorite hacks. When I find the time, I'll try out the fixed beta 2. As always, amazing work, dshayabusa.

Question, are you still struggling or tweaking the level rate, or have you found your "happy medium" yet?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Yay, you're back with this! :D One of my favorite hacks. When I find the time, I'll try out the fixed beta 2. As always, amazing work, dshayabusa.

Question, are you still struggling or tweaking the level rate, or have you found your "happy medium" yet?

I think its ok, where it is now. The gym leaders are still extremely difficult but the trainers have become easier (perhaps a little too easy) which is what I was going for.

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
Ahh good to see the thread open again :)

I only got so far the last time I played the beta and I'll give the fixed one a go later :)

Have you done anything new on it so far or had any good ideas you could share ? :)

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Ahh good to see the thread open again :)

I only got so far the last time I played the beta and I'll give the fixed one a go later :)

Have you done anything new on it so far or had any good ideas you could share ? :)
I've improved the mapping in a lot of places. I've added the VS. Seeker and some new buildings such as the a school in Felridge City. All the sea routes are now connected properly and you can actually travel through them. Serao is almost completely connected together now. Theres very few maps left for Serao on the outside to be made.

I'd like some feedback on my new titlescreen:
ulmpg.png

Is it too much? Perhaps something more subtle?
Admittedly I haven't inserted it yet but I'm pretty sure I won't have any problems with it. I haven't had any with inserting the background anyway. Oh, and everything will be centered properly in the final version.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Wow thats really cool and can u really fit that into your hack?
Tried it out just now and yeah you can.

I'd also like some feedback on this title screen:
152p1c8.png

Ignore the part that says Genesis version. Its for The Dragon Lineage.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
ulmpg.png

Admittedly I haven't inserted it yet but I'm pretty sure I won't have any problems with it. I haven't had any with inserting the background anyway. Oh, and everything will be centered properly in the final version.

I like it, and much better than the original. Although I'm not sure if I'm liking Giratina there, mainly because the storyline is centered around Arceus? I don't know, just kinda seems... unnecessary? Love the blue nightsky-like space though.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I like it, and much better than the original. Although I'm not sure if I'm liking Giratina there, mainly because the storyline is centered around Arceus? I don't know, just kinda seems... unnecessary? Love the blue nightsky-like space though.
It was originally only about Arceus but I changed my mind half way through this year. The decision scripts (ie the scripts that have text in green) will determine which of the two you can catch before the E4. The two are almost like rivals in the Genesis and are equally important.

It does look nice but I don't think it looks appropriate for a Pokemon game.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
It was originally only about Arceus but I changed my mind half way through this year. The decision scripts (ie the scripts that have text in green) will determine which of the two you can catch before the E4. The two are almost like rivals in the Genesis and are equally important.

It does look nice but I don't think it looks appropriate for a Pokemon game.
Ohhh, my bad. XD

Appropriate for a Pocket Monster game? Um, well... You're adding some detailed flare to it, that night sky is wonderful. Yeah, in a way it could seem a bit 'other game'-ish, but I don't think anybody would mind. And if it wasn't, is there possibly a better solution? And something about the other title screen background erks me, but I don't know what. o_O

The only thing that's kinda iffy with "appropriate for a Pocket Monster game" is that the format of Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald / Diamond, Pearl, & Platinum games are no longer sprite-like title screens, more or so like a big silhouette to edge on the mystery. So unless you can make like a half / screen with a magnified high quality sprite, your title screen seems fine to me. XD; That would be cool though if you could have someone develop a "giratina high quality large sprite here / Arceus same thing here" split screen would be awesome. But maybe that's too unrealistic. XD?

If say it wouldn't be appropriate, do you have any alternatives?

edit: Basically what I'm trying to ramble about is...
ulmpg.png

Is a hell of a lot better than...
30xhonq.png

;x Just doesn't seem too non-like Pokemon to me.

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Ohhh, my bad. XD

Appropriate for a Pocket Monster game? Um, well... You're adding some detailed flare to it, that night sky is wonderful. Yeah, in a way it could seem a bit 'other game'-ish, but I don't think anybody would mind. And if it wasn't, is there possibly a better solution? And something about the other title screen background erks me, but I don't know what. o_O

The only thing that's kinda iffy with "appropriate for a Pocket Monster game" is that the format of Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald / Diamond, Pearl, & Platinum games are no longer sprite-like title screens, more or so like a big silhouette to edge on the mystery. So unless you can make like a half / screen with a magnified high quality sprite, your title screen seems fine to me. XD; That would be cool though if you could have someone develop a "giratina high quality large sprite here / Arceus same thing here" split screen would be awesome. But maybe that's too unrealistic. XD?

If say it wouldn't be appropriate, do you have any alternatives?
A silhouette is exactly what I wanted actually. I wanted something like the image below:
Spoiler:

That image was probably my biggest inspiration for this hack. I wouldn't want the two to be visible, but in silhouettes caused by Arceus' glowing. I can't remember who made this, someone from DeviantArt, Its made by PearlEden and called "Can't you reach me God?".

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
A silhouette is exactly what I wanted actually. I wanted something like the image below:
Spoiler:

That image was probably my biggest inspiration for this hack. I wouldn't want the two to be visible, but in silhouettes caused by Arceus' glowing. I can't remember who made this, someone from DeviantArt, Its made by PearlEden and called "Can't you reach me God?".
Oh wow. o_o That's incredible, and somehow someday making that into a title screen would easily be awesome. Although until such a creation is made or worked on, I think the new one is a fine medium. At least it's an improvement.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I've improved the mapping in a lot of places. I've added the VS. Seeker and some new buildings such as the a school in Felridge City. All the sea routes are now connected properly and you can actually travel through them. Serao is almost completely connected together now. Theres very few maps left for Serao on the outside to be made.

ulmpg.png

I love the new title screen dshayabusa. ;D
I love the Platinum Sprites and the spacey background.

Tried it out just now and yeah you can.

I'd also like some feedback on this title screen:
152p1c8.png

I love the Dragonaire scratch, it's really cool, and it fits in with the beautiful background. ;D

I expect great things from this hack as well as Liquid Ocean. ;P
Good Luck~

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2018
Downloading

The Game looks great title screen is amazing (liked ur first sketch more though) im downloading it now then when ive patched it on i will leave some more feedback about the game :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Yay its back.
i have to say that the hack has gone a lot farther than before, and that the title screen is absolutely beautiful.
the dragons lineage one looks very mountainous, a bit like a canyon. and the genesis one looks a lot like space(obviously), but it has a calm feeling to it.
It looks much better than the real games, and i only have to wish you the best of luck dshayabusa.

Dratii

Working on something new...
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
Dshayabusa I am playing the fixed beta 2 now and I have noticed the following glitches.

1. A movement permission error on the fence just outside Gary's house

2. A guy walking in the first town keeps on walking when you talk to him

3. lots of movement permission errors at the top of town two.

Sorry if these have been pointed out already.

I like your The Dragon Lineage title screen and your new genesis title screen is better.
So far the game has been great except going through the mountain with out flash and then dieing and now trying to do it again.

Years
152p1c8.png

That's slightly off topic, but looks amazing.

ulmpg.png
Did you try this yet? I think it's probably better to just have the one larger Arceus, or one large Giratina, because in it's current setting the Giratina just looks out of place.

Back