• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
Hopefully this will occur for future releases and we won't have to wait seven months just for a localisation.
On another note, now that B2W2 has been released pretty much everywhere I think people will be more adamant on RS remakes now, unless the next game to be released is Gen VI which I highly doubt since it wont have even been a year since B2W2 assuming it is released next year then surely it's going to be a mainstream game? B2W2 was an expansion on Black & White but it wasn't a full blown out project which took a long time to make, it may have taken longer than the typical third game but in comparison to the likes of Black and White and remakes, I'm sure it took a much shorter time to develop. What I'm trying to say is that after PMD4 has been released, that wil be the spin-off and the "not so mainstream" games out of the way by the beginning of 2013, leaving room for one final main project before the release of the next generation which I'll assume will be released in 2014. This could only leave me with one option which is a Ruby & Sapphire remake, there is nothing more suited to the time frame and release pattern than this game and unless they come up with a totally new mainstream game which is highly unlikely given the circumstances, I think we'll be hearing about Ruby & Sapphire remakes by Spring 2013 .. that's just my theory.
I agree with you man, but as always, the games depend on what way the anime turns, I don't follow the anime in Japan but I do here in the U.S (which is only about 3 weeks behind) and Ash has yet to do that "Destroy the evil team and save the region" thing yet, so I'd expect anime hints coming with weeks to spare, as they did for every other region.

on a side note, has anybody found any in-game hints yet?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
B2W2's quick Localization may just be because more than half the info for localizing was already localized. With only a handful of new things needing new localizations. If we get a new game it may take a full time to localize.

As for reasoning for next game, there isn't much to support Ruby/Sapphire remakes with Gen 5 already having closure. They can, but at this point they don't have to. All other "patterns" for remakes were already broken, there haven't been any hints in the Anime,
Spoiler:
The anime is almost over so we'll have to wait and see, though there isn't anything left for Ash to do in Hoenn so I can't see him going back for any reason that we already know about game wise.

Kanto's remakes have Ash go back to Kanto for the Battle Frontier and Johto Remakes had Lyra appear in Sinnoh. Team Plasma is pretty much non-existant in the anime since they canceled the debut episode, so all that's left for Ash to do is compete in the Tournament which is usually around the area that we'd get next gen hints.

Although Masuda debunked the "Patterns" publicly, we still have nothing to go on with Gen 5 completely wiping the slate clean. Next games are still up in the air, though there isn't really any reason to prolong Generation 5 anymore. Gamefreak pretty much rushed Gen 5 to its early retirement and with this rush, we have a better chance of getting 3DS Gen 6 and then Remakes. (Which is what I'm hopin so that we can get the console pattern solidified which could make it easy to predict when D/P remakes come into play.)

Years
4. If the remakes come out in 2013 there gonna come out for the DS. I've tried being nice but in all Seriousness there gonna finish the last main games on the same system they started the gen. People say the DS is a dead system , what they mean to say is 1) no ones buying them as much anymore(that's because so many people have them. and 2) not many other games are coming out for them.
My response is so ? The lack of other DS games doesn't mean a pokemon game won't sell. And a pokemon game well sell better on the DS than the 3ds. I believe the term dead system is a fan used term and not a company used term. I could be wrong tho
Besides the promoting of the 3ds can start with gen 6 in 2014. Of course I could be wrong and will gladly admit it if i am

There's two games slated for release on the DS in 2013, and their both crappy licensed games. Why would they release a multi-millon dollar franchise on a console that's been outdated for two years? This has happened to Pokemon three times before, and it'll happen again.

I'm sticking to my guns for a February announcement though, so, of course, depending on how things turn out with the Mystery Dungeon game we might see one not to long after.

Yeah, they revel something big every February, so I'm saying February too.

On another note, now that B2W2 has been released pretty much everywhere I think people will be more adamant on RS remakes now, unless the next game to be released is Gen VI which I highly doubt since it wont have even been a year since B2W2 assuming it is released next year then surely it's going to be a mainstream game?

It isn't out of the question for gen 5 to be 3 years, if they don't have remakes. gen 1 and 2 were 3 years. For all we know, gen 3 and 4 would have been 3 years if they didn't have remakes.

I would say 2013 would just be a year were there's not a mainstream Pokemon game, but the anime says otherwise.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
B2W2's quick Localization may just be because more than half the info for localizing was already localized. With only a handful of new things needing new localizations. If we get a new game it may take a full time to localize.

As for reasoning for next game, there isn't much to support Ruby/Sapphire remakes with Gen 5 already having closure. They can, but at this point they don't have to. All other "patterns" for remakes were already broken, there haven't been any hints in the Anime,
Spoiler:
The anime is almost over so we'll have to wait and see, though there isn't anything left for Ash to do in Hoenn so I can't see him going back for any reason that we already know about game wise.

Kanto's remakes have Ash go back to Kanto for the Battle Frontier and Johto Remakes had Lyra appear in Sinnoh. Team Plasma is pretty much non-existant in the anime since they canceled the debut episode, so all that's left for Ash to do is compete in the Tournament which is usually around the area that we'd get next gen hints.

Although Masuda debunked the "Patterns" publicly, we still have nothing to go on with Gen 5 completely wiping the slate clean. Next games are still up in the air, though there isn't really any reason to prolong Generation 5 anymore. Gamefreak pretty much rushed Gen 5 to its early retirement and with this rush, we have a better chance of getting 3DS Gen 6 and then Remakes. (Which is what I'm hopin so that we can get the console pattern solidified which could make it easy to predict when D/P remakes come into play.)

To be honest I wouldn't mind if they skipped the remake and came out with gen 6 on the 3ds in 2013
But if gen 6 isn't ready for a 2013 release then the remakes should come

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
To be honest I wouldn't mind if they skipped the remake and came out with gen 6 on the 3ds in 2013
I have a strong feeling that the anime is going into a filler or something, so the chance of a remake in 2013 is 50/50 now but im going with remakes remember February (where they ALWAYS announce something big) is 4 months away, and the anime feels.... incomplete

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Not completely true. As I said, Gen 5 reset all we know about Pokemon release. We could get a whole year with nothing new and get a new Generation game in 2014 or even remakes in 2014.

My point was, that right now what comes out next is a two way street. One street remakes, the other Generation 6. We also don't have to have a new main game so close either. Releasing in 2014 will be a two year gap between B2W2 and Gen 6 which makes perfect sense if we can still use old information.

Nintendo is releasing the new PMD this coming November in Japan, they'll give more than three months reprieve for a major title like that even if it is a spin off. Yes, we should receive information about the next game in February at the earliest, but there is no guarantee we'll get any information on a new release then either.

Now why did I say Nintendo would give, the PMD is becoming a fairly well known and requested Spin off. It doesn't sell as well as main titles, but its something that's slowly growing. Being the second Pokemon game for the 3DS and one to fully test its capabilities with 3D images instead of sprites, Nintendo stands to benefit from at least watch what happens with the games.

If the games are received well enough, both locally and internationally, then they can try to produce a main title of the same caliber. This is just what I think the reason why they pushed PMD for the 3DS over pulling it out on the DS with the rest of the Gen 5 games. Gen 5 is another Generation that split its games between two generations of consoles, the last one I can remember being Generation 3 with PMD Red and Blue. There was at least one generation 3 game for the DS thanks to that spin off. While spin offs don't mean that much, its an experiment that stands to help the company benefit with future endeavors. Especially with future console switches.

We could also end up with another generic spin off in the gap between Generations (back to 5 and 6) I mean Remakes only serve to tie us over until the next major title is released. If they are ready to move to Gen 6 then they are ready, which is one of the theories as to why Gen 5 was rushed the way it was.

I have a strong feeling that the anime is going into a filler or something, so the chance of a remake in 2013 is 50/50 now but im going with remakes remember February (where they ALWAYS announce something big) is 4 months away, and the anime feels.... incomplete

If they don't fill the anime with fillers leading up to the tournament, then we're sure to get some after the tournament. We pretty much have to. Though chances are we'll get another Orange Island spin off filler. Unless they plan to air reruns for an entire year or start a new short term Anime. Either way, Unova is almost over. We have a very short period to wait for the Anime which may end in February if not in January for its hints for what's to come.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Sugimori only draws concept/finished work, he doesn't directly work on the games. There weren't any new Pokemon to be designed this course other than Keldeo, the new Therian forms and Kyurem's Black and White forms.

I haven't seen anywhere that said Sugimori didn't draw Rosa, Nate, Colress, or any of the new forms.

Sugimori also doesn't do Box work for the remakes either from what I remember. So he wouldn't be involved with remakes either.

Remakes would also be place holders between main game titles. Gen 5 has two main game titles unlike past generations which had Special Versions.

Sugimori stated in an old Tweet that he only drew the BW Pokemon, protagonists, professors, N, and Ghetsis. Check the cards with official art for the other BW trainers, and for B2W2 characters such as Colress; they are credited to Yusuke Ohmura.

He did draw the boxart for FireRed and LeafGreen, as stated in an old Nintendo guidebook. Not sure about the boxes of HGSS though.

Either way, I definitely think there will be RSEmakes. Junichi Masuda loves them so much, and many fans want to see them remade. Even if it's not directly a remake, but rather new stories set in Hoenn, I wouldn't mind.

As for whether it will be gen 5 or not, I think gen 5 is over now, and gen 6 will either start with its new games, or with these RSEmakes.
I'm not sure if RSE has actually been officially placed in the "timeline" as being at the same time as RGBY/FRLG, but I think it can be placed at any other time and not mess anything up. Unless I'm missing something, in which case please feel free to let me know! (Really! I'd rather know!)

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
There's two games slated for release on the DS in 2013, and their both crappy licensed games. Why would they release a multi-millon dollar franchise on a console that's been outdated for two years? This has happened to Pokemon three times before, and it'll happen again.

Because they Released a multimillion dollar game for the DS on a system you say is outdated for 1 year. As mention GF wants to get pokemon games in as many people's hand as possible and the best way to do that is to put it on the DS. This especially makes sense because they would be finishing the gen on the same platform leaving the shock value of a game on a 3ds for a new generation.
Now you said GF has done this before , I'm not sure what you mean. If your talking about crystal being on the game boy color while GS was on the pocket, I'd say that's completely different. Can you really compare the differences between the game boy and the GB color with the DS and the 3ds? Not fairly you can't . The difference between a pokemon game on the 3ds and a DS is the game cards are massively larger , so that means better graphics bigger maps and so on. Also it's the system itself with street pass and other stuff. So if they make the remakes on the 3ds (1) it couldn't be to its full Potential because its still gonna have to communicate to BW and BW2 as far as trading and random matchup (2) it will have all the works but with stuff like street pass and other stuff there would only be the two games that can do that. That's TWO GAMES OUT OF SIX ......... Now that doesn't make any sense. I want a pokemon game on the 3ds to take full advantage of the 3ds capabilities without alienating other games of the gen, not some watered down game just to just promote a system that i bought when it first came out or to Appease fans who think there experts by saying what a bad move it will be on GF part not to release a main 3ds game in 2013. And the only way we won't get that is if we wait to put a brand new generation on the 3ds.

If you meant that all pokemon games eventually move to the next platform, well duh. I mean nobody here believes that pokemon should stay on the DS. At least what I think is that it should finish out gen 5 ( if we get the remakes for gen 5. And if we get them next year) on the same system line especially when you take into account that those of us who bought a 3ds can still play it and the fact that GF would ONLY BE WAITING A YEAR to release a game on the 3ds. And if they can't afford to wait a year they got much bigger problems.
Think of gen 5 on a ds as gas and the 3ds as a car that runs on sunlight(lol weird I know) now there's still not enough people with sun running cars but those who have them can still run on gas. So while there will have to be a change eventually ,there are more people with cars( game system ) that can run on gas (DS games) than solar energy.
So in the long run more money would be made if the remakes are put on the DS. I say this because most hard core gamers and pokemon cans already have the 3ds and those who felt they can wait, I don't see them rushing out to buy one just to play a watered down remake. They would most likely wait to a full fledge 3ds pokemon game comes out and maybe catch the remakes later.

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

It's hard to say. After all, it's impossible to transfer Pokemon between Generation I & II and the current Generations. Now, you can transfer Pokemon between Generations III-V and since all current regions are transferrable between these games, there is no reason for them to create a remake of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

... Unless they were to go Nintendo 3DS on us. And they will.

... Or unless they were a for-profit corporation that needs to keep a certain number of people employed and is allied with a bigger for-profit corporation that sees the Pokemon games as a valuable franchise. After all, the only reason I own a Nintendo system is to play Pokemon, I had Sega systems prior to Pokemon. I don't own any other games for Nintendo than Pokemon games - I'm just not interested, tbh.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

It's hard to say. After all, it's impossible to transfer Pokemon between Generation I & II and the current Generations. Now, you can transfer Pokemon between Generations III-V and since all current regions are transferrable between these games, there is no reason for them to create a remake of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

... Unless they were to go Nintendo 3DS on us. And they will.

... Or unless they were a for-profit corporation that needs to keep a certain number of people employed and is allied with a bigger for-profit corporation that sees the Pokemon games as a valuable franchise. After all, the only reason I own a Nintendo system is to play Pokemon, I had Sega systems prior to Pokemon. I don't own any other games for Nintendo than Pokemon games - I'm just not interested, tbh.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.
While that is true, at this point I don't think it's about pokemon availability but about enhanced story

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
The fact that RSE were Masudas favourite games makes me even more confident that he would wanna make a more special approach and refresh the "remake" concept, especially now when BW2 made past "third-versions" look lame by actually being new games.

I don't see at all why they would want to stick to making remakes at this point anyway, when the oldest games are just as old as the first remakes lol.
It would just look even more unprofessional/boring/uncreative than the previous 2 already did.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
The fact that RSE were Masudas favourite games makes me even more confident that he would wanna make a more special approach and refresh the "remake" concept, especially now when BW2 made past "third-versions" look lame by actually being new games.

I don't see at all why they would want to stick to making remakes at this point anyway, when the oldest games are just as old as the first remakes lol.
It would just look even more unprofessional/boring/uncreative than the previous 2 already did.

I firmly believe that so much advancement has been made since RS has been released just the simple mechanical upgrade would change a lot in the remakes. But I do agree that a kinda new approach needs to be taken , so instead of just copy and paste remake, let's get an reimagining of RS it would relatively stay the same in basic plot but let's be able to add a crap load more. New charecters , new areas keep the same villains but change the plot in the way they do things. Give the gym leaders and eliet 4 some back story, give them side jobs. Give team aqua and team magma boss a much deeper reason why they are doing the things they are doing. Give the champion a bigger role. Give us a new rival , Make May just the alternative gender charecter. Or give her a different role, maybe she could be your Bianca with the pokemon weaker to yours.
There is sooooo much they can do with these remakes. All I want is an awesome post STORY BASED game .

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
I firmly believe that so much advancement has been made since RS has been released just the simple mechanical upgrade would change a lot in the remakes. But I do agree that a kinda new approach needs to be taken , so instead of just copy and paste remake, let's get an reimagining of RS it would relatively stay the same in basic plot but let's be able to add a crap load more. New charecters , new areas keep the same villains but change the plot in the way they do things. Give the gym leaders and eliet 4 some back story, give them side jobs. Give team aqua and team magma boss a much deeper reason why they are doing the things they are doing. Give the champion a bigger role. Give us a new rival , Make May just the alternative gender charecter. Or give her a different role, maybe she could be your Bianca with the pokemon weaker to yours.
There is sooooo much they can do with these remakes. All I want is an awesome post STORY BASED game .
THANK YOU! Man I hated that they didn't give you a real rival with a burning passion, I hope for all of this plus a PWT return.

I'm hoping that they improve the story a lot give the story some depth, even though "remake" basically means copy & paste versions I hope this is a case like BW2 where they rehash the story and sort of start from scratch with R/S/E as a base.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I doubt they would. Remakes are just that, the same game updated and remade for new games. They hardly every do more than add new features or small additions. Back stories are possible, they did that in HG/SS with Silver and Giovanni Canonly linking the two.

I don't see too much point going into E4 or Gym Leaders for RS remakes unless they are going to use Juan as a Gym Leader or extra character. At least explain Wallace/Juan's relation more. Norman can prolly get a better background as well, leading up to why you had to move to Hoenn.

They could prolly give Wally a more dominant rival role instead of splitting the rival role between him and May/Brendan. Though making May/Brendan the Dawn/Lucas/Bianca role would be a little upsetting and kinda seem like a demotion. I mean I'd like for Wally to get more screen time as the rival, but I don't want to lose the classic Other Character Rival feel like in D/P.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I doubt they would. Remakes are just that, the same game updated and remade for new games. They hardly every do more than add new features or small additions. Back stories are possible, they did that in HG/SS with Silver and Giovanni Canonly linking the two.

I don't see too much point going into E4 or Gym Leaders for RS remakes unless they are going to use Juan as a Gym Leader or extra character. At least explain Wallace/Juan's relation more. Norman can prolly get a better background as well, leading up to why you had to move to Hoenn.

They could prolly give Wally a more dominant rival role instead of splitting the rival role between him and May/Brendan. Though making May/Brendan the Dawn/Lucas/Bianca role would be a little upsetting and kinda seem like a demotion. I mean I'd like for Wally to get more screen time as the rival, but I don't want to lose the classic Other Character Rival feel like in D/P.

While ill agree with you in that remakes have been just copy and paste games, but I think we have to look at the games they were paring up to. For instance a deep story didn't need to be aplied because well let's face it RS story wasn't that deep. With GS remakes they changed it up a little , they gave the rocket leaders individual personalities , appearance and even names. It just like team Galatics commanders had. They also did it nicely with the gym rematches givin a special area to fight them like in platinum.
So now we come to BW and BW2 where we now have a huge change in how to story goes( giving us one that's worthy of a RPG) so it would be a waste of time to remake the exact same game story wise when it's in the same gen as BW.
Now I know they haven't done that in the pass but like what was said 2 games can't really constitute as a pattern. And since the longest pattern has been broken( third game) I see no reason they wouldn't give us an enhanced story. There's really no reason they shouldn't .
So instead of giving us a remake give us a reimagining

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
Well I think that we can't really predict GF next move at this point, all we know is its a remake or a new game based on common knowledge.

They came out with BW2, and people called me crazy thinking of a sequel, so I dropped that idea and went with a third game, now look what happened, lol

Anyway, I doubt they would C&P these games, these were JMs favorite games and remember that had so many ideas for these games but they couldn't fit on a cartridge, that alone is enough proof for me that their gonna totally redo these games in their initial way

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
That would be best then.

Not the exact same as the originals or sequels(unless they come after, which would make more sense really to keep everyone up-to-date) but keeping the base of the story intact while reworking it to give it the true depth the originals lacked(my favorite games but I admit that it felt like the story was lacking some things).

I like the idea of giving Norman/your move to Hoenn more of a backstory and the Juan/Wallace connection showing more. It would also be great if the gym leaders, etc. were given more of a role in things(BW + B2W2 really made good use of that) and having them appear out of their gyms from time to time.

There's so many things they can do to breathe more life into the games without needing to make some drastic drastic changes, aside from graphics obviously, and the 3DS could make it happen!

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Well I think that we can't really predict GF next move at this point, all we know is its a remake or a new game based on common knowledge.

They came out with BW2, and people called me crazy thinking of a sequel, so I dropped that idea and went with a third game, now look what happened, lol

Anyway, I doubt they would C&P these games, these were JMs favorite games and remember that had so many ideas for these games but they couldn't fit on a cartridge, that alone is enough proof for me that their gonna totally redo these games in their initial way

I didn't even think about that. They can actually make the game they wanted on the DS , since it can hold more. I wonder if they can make like a join avenue type place in your secret base

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
That's what I was thinking pretty much(aside from the DS bit); that would allow it to truely be a remake, keeping the original story intact while giving it the much needed depth it really deserves(if they truely had more ideas for the games than they could fit with the originals). It would obviously be the same game(s), but something pretty new as well.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
That would be best then.

Not the exact same as the originals or sequels(unless they come after, which would make more sense really to keep everyone up-to-date) but keeping the base of the story intact while reworking it to give it the true depth the originals lacked(my favorite games but I admit that it felt like the story was lacking some things).

I like the idea of giving Norman/your move to Hoenn more of a backstory and the Juan/Wallace connection showing more. It would also be great if the gym leaders, etc. were given more of a role in things(BW + B2W2 really made good use of that) and having them appear out of their gyms from time to time.

There's so many things they can do to breathe more life into the games without needing to make some drastic drastic changes, aside from graphics obviously, and the 3DS could make it happen!
Exactly, The games could have been done so much better and GF knows that.

I didn't even think about that. They can actually make the game they wanted on the DS , since it can hold more. I wonder if they can make like a join avenue type place in your secret base
Right man, adding the Pokemon Moods they wanted to do and everything, it could certainly happen

That's what I was thinking pretty much(aside from the DS bit); that would allow it to truely be a remake, keeping the original story intact while giving it the much needed depth it really deserves(if they truely had more ideas for the games than they could fit with the originals). It would obviously be the same game(s), but something pretty new as well.
It would be cool if wally became more of the rival Hugh was, helping you take on team aqua or/and team magma, thats why Hugh is my favorite rival out of everybody, even though I don't even think he took on the Pokemon League.

and remember, pretty soon R/S won't even be compatible because of GBA, the newest DS's don't have the GBA slot, and a lot of people ditched the lite for the 3DS or the DSi, which of course don't have one, but as XanderO said, you can get every pokemon in 3rd Gen but people that started with HG/SS or above won't have the chance to play through that story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back