• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Raptor Version

Crucifix

Dragon Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 29, 2010
I've been wondering for quite a while is the physical/special split incorporated in raptor EX... the question wasn't answered before, and it would be really helpful if we knew this... :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
this is like my 3rd playthrough so this is embarrasing where is the first moon stone you encounter

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
So I was Searching for some fossil pokemon and I ran into this.
7-16-20101-09-09AM.png

This is my second Shiny, the other being Latios in the Raptor Ball.

phosphate5

Random little kid
Years
Ok...

After barging into the Torxia League with my team of Lv.70 Pokemon, and struggling, plus resetting probably over 50 times, I managed to get myself stuck on Gold. My Pokemon stand no chance against him unless I can think up a good strategy.

At my saving point, right after I beat Blue, here is my team:

Magnezone Lv.73 FAINTED
Discharge
Mirror Shot
Magnet Rise
Thunder Wave

Torterra Lv.72 FAINTED
Wood Hammer
Crunch
Earthquake
Synthesis

Swampert Lv.73 FAINTED
Surf
Earthquake (no PP left)
Waterfall
Strength

Weavile Lv.74 FAINTED
Ice Shard
Night Slash
Brick Break
Slash

Gallade Lv.71 FAINTED
Close Combat
Psycho Cut
Leaf Blade
Swords Dance

Infernape Lv.75 with barely any HP left
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Secret Power
Mach Punch

My items that are worth mentioning:
Revive x7
Hyper Potion x3
Full Restore x1
Rare Candy x8
Ether x1
Lucky Egg x3
Choice Band x1

I also have most of the 3rd gen TMs that aren't hidden or out of the way.

Pkmn Master Gold (My opponent)'s team:
Ampharos Lv.91 (I think)
Focus Punch
Substitute
Reflect
Some other move

Scizor Lv.90
Bullet Punch
U-Turn
Swords Dance
Another Move

Tyranitar Lv.92
Crunch
Some moves

Typhlosion Lv.95
Feraligatr Lv.95
Meganium Lv.95

What I have generally been trying so far:

1. Revive all my Pokemon, then hyper potion Infernape, Torterra, and Swampert.
****Should I revive them with Rare Candies instead? And should I change who I heal?****

2. Switch Torterra (or Swampert) up front and challenge Gold

3. Try to Earthquake-Bash Ampharos before it uses Reflect. If it uses Reflect, switch to Weavile and Brick Break it, then keep night-slashing it. If Weavile faints and Reflect gets set up again with Ampharos still alive, I usually reset. If Weavile faints, but Reflect isn't set up and Ampharos is alive, I try to KO it with Gallade.
****The issue with Ampharos is that Gold uses full restores while it has Sub and Reflect up, which can be annoying.****

4. After Ampharos is dealt with, I switch to Infernape to counter Scizor. I Flare Blitz him.
****The problem is that Flare Blitz does surprisingly little to Scizor for some reason. I've considered teaching Overheat or some other special fire move instead, but I don't think that would really help much, either.****

5. I usually get pwned by Scizor. If I don't, it's because he U-Turns to Tyranitar, in which case I Close Combat him with Infernape and hope to beat him before he gets full restored or I get killed.

6. I occasionally beat Tyranitar. If I do, Scizor gets sent out again, and I usually get pwned anyway. If Scizor U-Turns again, I Earthquake Typhlosion with Swampert and Torterra.

7. I've only beaten Typhlosion once. That time, Scizor came back and swept my team.

So.... there seems to be something wrong with my strategy.

Should I heal differently? Or level some of my Pokemon up? Or teach them some TMs?

Please give suggestions!

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Anyone know where I can get all animated sprites from this game?

Still hoping for an answer. Maybe I'll try to rip 'em.

EDIT: Good god, most of the music on my MP3 is here! VGMusic? Seriously? Also, Phoenix Wright music? Non-animated sprites? (as far as I found)

Last edited:

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
Years
The resources for Pokemon Raptor.

Still hoping for an answer. Maybe I'll try to rip 'em.

EDIT: Good god, most of the music on my MP3 is here! VGMusic? Seriously? Also, Phoenix Wright music? Non-animated sprites? (as far as I found)

The resources are in the v1.1 release.

Years
Hi I have a problem can not find the secret garden ....??? how it got there ..?
The Secret Garden is where the 7th Gym is (Breakport I think). You go in through the back of the Latios statue.
Also has anyone found Manaphy? I need it for the Pokedex.
I also found a Shiny Roselia and Shiny Growlithe today! They seem to be quite common. :D

Back