• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: (HOTW: 8#) Pokémon Silvercurrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
Do you mean you made reply 100, or that there have been 100 replies? 'Cause it says that your reply is number 101.

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
Do you mean you made reply 100, or that there have been 100 replies? 'Cause it says that your reply is number 101.

Uh, it meant to say: "Yay, reply 100 has been made"
Silly me.

Anyway, here's a new screen:

2qvtf5x.png

I fixed up myself... And given I'm not a spriter...
(I do think it came out relatively well)
Any opinions.

Side Note: I'm almost ready to release Beta 2!

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
It kinda bugs me that the background is just blue. It just makes it look, well, plain I guess. So I edited it just a tiny bit to better fit the title "Silvercurrent".

Silvercurrenttitlescreenedit-1.png

I made it so Lugia was surrounded by a light color, which draws the attention of whoever's looking at it, since our eye's are naturally drawn towards lighter colors. Then I surrounded the title with a calming blue, which gradually fades to black. But since a lot of black is usually not preferred in a title screen, I put the black just outside of the screen, so the blue fades to the darkest shade it can, which then makes the words "silver" and "current" stand out more. Also, the blue allows the word Pokemon to be there without becoming an eye-sore since the word is outlined with blue.

The funny thing is, I have almost no clue what I was talking about for half of that description!

P.S. While typing this, the description looks a LOT longer than it's going to turn out to be.

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
As I said before, I'm not a spriter. But I don't think such an (awesome =D) effect can be recreated under the limitations of a 16 color palette?

Cнαяcнιc

Banned
Years
Like the look of this especially the Moltres sprite from Mystery Dungeon. Makes the game look like a new generation game. It looks great.

Charchic.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
The new title screen is awesome. This is a great hack, hope you can finish this, as it has great potential

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
Well, that's simpily awesome, even though Lizard Man edited it to make it better, the original titlescreen itself, it's awesome.

And by the way, the Hero/Heroine OW's are inserted if I'm not wrong?

They have not been inserted yet.
I'll probably release the next Beta without the new sprites(if I don't get them soon).

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
Years
It kinda bugs me that the background is just blue. It just makes it look, well, plain I guess. So I edited it just a tiny bit to better fit the title "Silvercurrent".

Silvercurrenttitlescreenedit-1.png

I made it so Lugia was surrounded by a light color, which draws the attention of whoever's looking at it, since our eye's are naturally drawn towards lighter colors. Then I surrounded the title with a calming blue, which gradually fades to black. But since a lot of black is usually not preferred in a title screen, I put the black just outside of the screen, so the blue fades to the darkest shade it can, which then makes the words "silver" and "current" stand out more. Also, the blue allows the word Pokemon to be there without becoming an eye-sore since the word is outlined with blue.

The funny thing is, I have almost no clue what I was talking about for half of that description!

P.S. While typing this, the description looks a LOT longer than it's going to turn out to be.

Lol, I have no idea what was that all about, but it was pretty funny.

Nice edits to the screen. Looks better that way...

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
And here it is!

The long awaited Beta 2!

Link: Beta 2 IPS

May I ask that everyone that has played Beta 1 starts a new savefile!
Otherwise you might get stuck.
Also, this version comes prepatched with the savepatch so older saves will probably malfunction. This was done to assure that no players would run into a nasty surprise after finishing the E4 in a later release. (There the game must use the actually .sav file to continue.)

Enjoy!

Please post any remarks and errors you might find on this thread!

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
Spoiler:

Bugs I found
I have been everywhere but do not know where to go next
I need strength to get past some places where is it
also when does the beta end

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
Spoiler:

Bugs I found
I have been everywhere but do not know where to go next
I need strength to get past some places where is it
also when does the beta end

First has been fixed... Second, not yet. I know it has something to do with the rival script but I'm not sure how that happens exactly.
I'm going to advise a walk through walls code for the time being.

Beta ends in the town with Shin as a leader. The glitch has stopped you to go further?

EDIT: The second glitch has been fixed, I did a workaround. The script now resides on another map. Download the updated version from the OP!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back