• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm not much of a TCG collector, either, but buy booster packs every now and then just for the fun of it. =) This month, I've purchased about two or three of them.

Years
I do the same. Granted, with all the cards I've amassed from when I was younger, it still looks like I'm actively into the TCG. I do end up buying a few booster packs every month or so, mostly since cards like the full art ones are a lot nicer looking than some of the cards from the early sets.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
TCG boosters be getting expensive these days. Of course there are more cards per booster compared to ten years ago but I think it's only two or three more. Last time I bought cards was early April (maybe late March?) and it amounted to ~$60 o_0 so no more TCG for a while haha. I got seven EX cards though so it was worth it. One of them is like six times the size of a normal card.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I used to be heavily into the TCG scene when I was a kid, but stopped following eventually (well, not exactly stopped; I suppose limited would be a better word, haja), as it drained a lot of my money away. Plus, my mom would constantly get upset with me for these stuff, asking what I would actually do with all these cards and why I even bother spending cash on them. :P Still have some of those cards that I bought back then, but they're all in my basement now; it's been about two years since I had last looked at them.

Years
I'm glad that I'm not actively into the TCG any more, and that I don't play the game competitively. I can only imagine how much it must cost to build the perfect decks, and have to add and remove cards when older sets go out of circulation. I think sets only last 2-3 years before being replaced, which would effectively make 95% of my collection obsolete.

Penelope

fluffy Flaaffy
Years
^Same here. I have a ton of cards from the early days and stuff. I think the latest/current thing I have is Cyrus' deck from the DPPT series...haha. I'd love to collect more, but the funding isn't really there for me to splurge, and with boosters, I never have the best luck at times with good finds

Years
I don't collect the Pokemon TCG cards at all, and even if I did I'd only want to look at the awesome artwork on the card itself, and fittingly enough with this topic, coincidentally my avatar is the artwork from the Manaphy Plasma Storm 34 card.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
I have a lot of old TCG cards that I stash in a bedroom drawer. They've been sitting there for years and someday I might make a huge profit on it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I have a lot of old TCG cards that I stash in a bedroom drawer. They've been sitting there for years and someday I might make a huge profit on it.

That reminds; I could try selling all of mine on eBay. o: Not really sure how it would all go, though, since I've never sold anything online, but oh well; I suppose I'll never know unless I actually give it go.

Years
I have a loooot of TCG cards stashed all over the place XD In fact, I don't know where the majority of them are. Given how I do have some rare ones, I could try selling them and seeing how much moolah I make, but at the same time, I might miss them, too, even if I don't really play the TCG XD

Years
The only problem with the old card sets is that unless you've got very rare cards in almost perfect condition, chances are you aren't going to get much for them. I mean, save for some like Base Set Charizard and whatnot, any card more than 10 years old can probably be bought for $2 or less off eBay, since they're nothing more than collectors' items at this point. I mean, for the 1500+ cards that I've got lying around, it would probably cost just as much to ship out of the country as what they could be sold for, so I have no real plans to get rid of my collection (even if a majority of it is all boxed away).

Years
I have a gigantic bundle of old TCG cards from my younger days. I was obsessed with collecting them, but had no idea how to actually battle other people, haha. XD I remember trying to hunt down my first 'EX' card for ages; it was probably the most important thing in my life at the time. When I finally acquired a Shiftry EX card, I was elated. Showed it off to just about everyone I knew that played Pokemon, and I believe I even kept it in my pocket for a while. Fortunately, I'm not as attached anymore, and only keep my collection for nostalgic purposes.

Years
I really want to get back into collecting and stuff. I see the holo desgins for all the new stuff, and they look so good. I'm jealous of full time collectors

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I have a gigantic bundle of old TCG cards from my younger days. I was obsessed with collecting them, but had no idea how to actually battle other people, haha. XD I remember trying to hunt down my first 'EX' card for ages; it was probably the most important thing in my life at the time. When I finally acquired a Shiftry EX card, I was elated. Showed it off to just about everyone I knew that played Pokemon, and I believe I even kept it in my pocket for a while. Fortunately, I'm not as attached anymore, and only keep my collection for nostalgic purposes.

EX cards were my thing; if you had one, I would be willing to trade almost anything with you just so I could get a hold of it. xD" Currently, I have about nine to ten of them. I should buy a card album one day and put them all in, so that I could easily show them to people.

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
Years
My weirdest trade: I was able to get an old Brock's Primape for three trainers that I didn't want. Awesome.

I also love EX cards. One of my first ones was a metagross with 120 HP, and when I saw it, I said to myself, "POKEMON CAN HAVE MORE THAN 100 HP?" I was not well informed at the time. :3

Ponyta

Diamond Hooves
Years
oh gosh, I used to never want to trade cards, no matter what they where. Hhaha. My first ever trade was for a Blaine's Ponyta (obvious reasons). I have them a spare Seadra that I had

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I once traded my shiny Gyarados for a bunch of random jungle deck cards.

Managed to trade up to more shinies later on though so in the end I didn't regret it :3 But at first, it was tough.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
When I was younger, I was a real jerk...I would ask younger kids their favorite colors, and then trade them TWENTY BLUE ENERGIES for their rare cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back