• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Years
  • CO
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
Wow...

I come back and see this!!! ^_^
Amazing bro,
You really where not joking when you said you where hard at work...

Thank you and all of those who helped you with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can not personally thank you more for inspiring me once again to finish what I started so long ago one way or another....

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
DJG.... come on man.... you know that is possibly the most vague error message. Give me something I can work on, haha.

It was three minutes before I head out of the office, so it was a quick sort of a post. :P

Anyway, I can't download your tool via clicking the [Gen_III_Suite.Windows-.English.Encoding.zip]. The download progress bar is stuck on 0.0/9.0 MB. =/

edit...
it randomly reached 6.3 MB, and then, poof~
Failed. -,-

Last edited:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
It was three minutes before I head out of the office, so it was a quick sort of a post. :P

Anyway, I can't download your tool via clicking the [Gen_III_Suite.Windows-.English.Encoding.zip]. The download progress bar is stuck on 0.0/9.0 MB. =/

edit...
it randomly reached 6.3 MB, and then, poof~
Failed. -,-

That... I have no idea.... I'll pm you a dropbox link when I get the chance.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
Well... Your tool is great. But I have problem with one feature in Pokemon Ruby. I meand Evolution Expansion. When I expand for 8 evolutions. It cause strange failure in my game. I edit game normaly. But when I played it. Every Pokemon do not evolve by any way? Any ideas for fix it? (I using this for expand Eevee Evolutions becouse I add Leafeon and Glaceon to my rom)

karatekid552

Years
Well... Your tool is great. But I have problem with one feature in Pokemon Ruby. I meand Evolution Expansion. When I expand for 8 evolutions. It cause strange failure in my game. I edit game normaly. But when I played it. Every Pokemon do not evolve by any way? Any ideas for fix it? (I using this for expand Eevee Evolutions becouse I add Leafeon and Glaceon to my rom)

Hmmm, that may be my fault as I don't know if I tested Ruby. I'll look into it.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
That... I have no idea.... I'll pm you a dropbox link when I get the chance.

Nah, don't worry about it.
I decided to use IDM to download it.
It was taking so long to finish though (still downloading as I type this).
I think it's the website's problem, since I have no problems downloading anything else in the internet. :P

Craver

I'm From WAH!
Years
Well, maybe my problem is that i don't understand very nice english. (Argentinian) And all following step by step what documentation on G3HS says. But i can´t work on MrDS patch.

I changed his rom header to MrDS but, in the movement list, types & abilities appears me \x...

If someone can send me via mp, the modified rom....

I'll keep trying---

Anyway

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Well, maybe my problem is that i don't understand very nice english. (Argentinian) And all following step by step what documentation on G3HS says. But i can´t work on MrDS patch.

I changed his rom header to MrDS but, in the movement list, types & abilities appears me \x...

If someone can send me via mp, the modified rom....

I'll keep trying---

Anyway

Necesitas que cambiar BPRE a MrDS y los bytes a FFFFFE a FF FF en lugar de 00 01, o lo que esta alla.
Despues podes abrir el G3HS.

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2020
First off, great tool you've made and its worked flawlessly until now... from what I remember it occurred after I opened PGE to change a few moves.

How do I fix this error? (I can send you the files if that helps)

Also another question, when expanding the pokedex data what is/where can i find the new hex value for Pokemon names so that I can use it with Jambo's trainer editor?

karatekid552

Years
First off, great tool you've made and its worked flawlessly until now... from what I remember it occurred after I opened PGE to change a few moves.

How do I fix this error? (I can send you the files if that helps)

Also another question, when expanding the pokedex data what is/where can i find the new hex value for Pokemon names so that I can use it with Jambo's trainer editor?

You opened PGE, huh? I guess a lot of people have because I have seen this error a lot but every single person has neglected to share that. I based my tool's construction off of what the game used, not how other tools changed it. I will look into what PGE does with moves and how to fix that. Thank you.

The hex value for names is right next to the pokemon names.....

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2020
The hex value for names is right next to the pokemon names.....

I've seen that but for when updating INIs for other tools(Unnamed Trainer Editor in particular) it doesn't work as intended, it seems that the hex value changes when I add more pokemon but I can't figure out what's the new value. Oh well I guess issues in other tools aren't your problem so I'll have to figure it out myself.

edit: disregard this I found the problem however the move error still shows up.

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
I've seen that but for when updating INIs for other tools(Unnamed Trainer Editor in particular) it doesn't work as intended, it seems that the hex value changes when I add more pokemon but I can't figure out what's the new value. Oh well I guess issues in other tools aren't your problem so I'll have to figure it out myself.

edit: disregard this I found the problem however the move error still shows up.

Of course the move error still shows up. My best guess is Gamer2020 didn't follow the setup that Game Freak used to terminate movesets or move data and therefore I didn't prepare for it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2016
Yup, I know exactly what you did. You are using the clean FR ini with his patch, which has a repointed move table. Sound like a good idea, right? lol, nope. First, go to 0xAC in the rom in a hex editor and change BPRE to MrDS. Then, go to 0xFFFFFE and make sure the two bytes there are FFFF. Once that is done, it should load fine.

So I literally just downloaded a hex editor (HxD) and tried this. I do not yet have basic proficiency with a hex editor, so that's probably why this isn't working. But I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I found BPRE and changed it to MrDS (first attachment). I found offset 0xFFFFFE (I think) and changed it to FFFF. (second attachment). And the patch is applied, with the name of the ROM changed to match the IPS patch for the 1.4a version of Mr. Dollsteak's ROM base. I'm able to load the ROM, but when I check out the Pokemon in G3HS, I see the types are all blank and the abilities are some variation of /x (third attachment). I'm sure this is just a basic error that would only be encountered by a newbie who doesn't know what he's doing yet, but I can't see where I'm going wrong. Help please? Thank you so very, very much.

karatekid552

Years
So I literally just downloaded a hex editor (HxD) and tried this. I do not yet have basic proficiency with a hex editor, so that's probably why this isn't working. But I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I found BPRE and changed it to MrDS (first attachment). I found offset 0xFFFFFE (I think) and changed it to FFFF. (second attachment). And the patch is applied, with the name of the ROM changed to match the IPS patch for the 1.4a version of Mr. Dollsteak's ROM base. I'm able to load the ROM, but when I check out the Pokemon in G3HS, I see the types are all blank and the abilities are some variation of /x (third attachment). I'm sure this is just a basic error that would only be encountered by a newbie who doesn't know what he's doing yet, but I can't see where I'm going wrong. Help please? Thank you so very, very much.

There is a very good chance you loaded the wrong rom. Just saying, you may not have patched that one. What you are seeing are the symptoms of loads a clean rom with the MrDS ini.

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2016
There is a very good chance you loaded the wrong rom. Just saying, you may not have patched that one. What you are seeing are the symptoms of loads a clean rom with the MrDS ini.

Interesting. I've applied a bunch of IPS patches before, and I did it the same way this time - changing the name of the ROM to match the name of the IPS file. I've picked up that there is also a program that can do patching, but I'd never found it necessary before. Is there any reason the matching names method wouldn't be compatible with this?

EDIT: I did notice one other thing: When I go to 0xFFFFFE and make sure the two bytes there are FFFF, I find it reverts to NOT FFFF if I reopen the ROM with HxD after opening with G3HS. (Actually, reversion may be the wrong word, as the values change). But If I close HxD and reopen it without loading G3HS, it remains FFFF. Does that agree with the clean ROM idea?

Last edited:
Back