• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What is your opinion on the Pokemon X & Pokemon Y legendaries?

Mkeg7

Bam Bam Boogie ツ
Years
Hello fellow PokeCommunity members, today I bring you a question, that I sincerely want everyone's opinion on, because it would be fascinating to know what you all think. My question towards you all is,

Did you, or did you not like the legendaries of Pokemon X and Pokemon Y?

What I mean of this is that in the past generations, there have mainly been dragon type legendaries I believe. For example, in Pokemon Diamond, there was Dialga, in Pokemon Pearl there was Palkia, in Pokemon Platinum there was Giratina, etc.

So are you happy, sad, or disappointed on the typing of the legendaries for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y?

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
I really liked the legendaries in X and Y. The concept behind each was awesome. If I had to think of any creature other than a dragon that could rain death upon the world it would be a hawk/falcon concepted creature. Xerneas being a deer with neat antlers screams life too me as well. I believe GF really captured the idea of what they were hoping for.

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
My only nitpick is Xerneas destroys the crap out of Yveltal. Mine does anyway. Literally I've not come up against one that puts up any fight against my Xerneas. I'm aware of the type advantage it has, but they're both legendaries and in terms, should be equal as far as power. GF should have made them multi-type and balanced them a little better.

Mkeg7

Bam Bam Boogie ツ
Years
Indeed, I see what you mean. Xerneas does over power Yveltal in some perspective, and I too think Game Freak should have evened them out. But thanks for your feedback.

Years
They are both really cool. The design for each are awesome. Personally I like Yveltal a little better but I think both of their designs are really cool.

Mkeg7

Bam Bam Boogie ツ
Years
Yes, the designs are very rad in my opinion as well, but I prefer Yveltal like yourself, mainly because he has wings and he is black and red. I would also have to say for Xerneas I don't necessarily like the whole design of him, he is a tad too colorful.

Years
Design-wise I think they're both pretty awesome. Yvetal's tail-claw thing weirded me out at first but I got used to it. Personally though I don't use either much in battles, as soon as I caught Xer he went straight into the PC. But I agree with Sider, it would have been better if the match-up was more balanced. All-in-all I think they filled their roles nicely in-game~

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
I picked Y on the back of Yveltal's design looking better than Xerneas :)

Both are pretty cool though, but despite having both I just put them in Pokemon Bank as part of a living Pokedex and try not to use legends as they can't be used for battle facilities in game

Mkeg7

Bam Bam Boogie ツ
Years
Design-wise I think they're both pretty awesome. Yvetal's tail-claw thing weirded me out at first but I got used to it. Personally though I don't use either much in battles, as soon as I caught Xer he went straight into the PC. But I agree with Sider, it would have been better if the match-up was more balanced. All-in-all I think they filled their roles nicely in-game~

Indeed, there designs are great, but I personally like Yvetal's better. And I as well don't use legendaries in battle, only if I am just doing it for the fun of it and I may happen to have a party full of legendaries.

I picked Y on the back of Yveltal's design looking better than Xerneas :)

Both are pretty cool though, but despite having both I just put them in Pokemon Bank as part of a living Pokedex and try not to use legends as they can't be used for battle facilities in game

Interesting, so what about the typing, what was your perspective about it, if I may ask.

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
Also I forgot to mention Zygarde in my prev post, as I guess he counts as a X and Y legendary. I haven't used him in battle at all but I must say his typing is a little better/different for lack I better terms. He's still WEAK compared to Xerneas, but at least I do t ALWAYS one shot him, still sometimes I do. I truthfully don't use legendaries much in battling either but I generally test them out. My lead fairy type on my team is actually my shiny 5iv Sylveon. Most people recommend Sylveon as a more defense oriented pokemon, he (mines a boy, and blue =]) honestly if built correctly packs a ridiculously strong punch. I guess Mewtwo counts as well with his two new forms. As always Mewtwo is just as reliable as he's been in past gens. I've yet to use Mewtwo Y because I dont have it yet. But Mewtwo X is beast. Does anyone have any input or experience on both new Mewtwo mega evos?

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
I think Xerneas and Yveltal are my favourite legendaries since Mewtwo, with most others coming a distant second.

Both concept and design are excellent. Not sure for gameplay, though, since- like many- I don't really use legends.

It is true that they're a little unbalanced by their typing, but I think that may have been intentional.

I don't know about the rest of you- but I do rather like being alive and stuff.

I can literally do all sorts of things that a dead person can't.

Fun stuff.

Mkeg7

Bam Bam Boogie ツ
Years
I think Xerneas and Yveltal are my favourite legendaries since Mewtwo, with most others coming a distant second.

Both concept and design are excellent. Not sure for gameplay, though, since- like many- I don't really use legends.

It is true that they're a little unbalanced by their typing, but I think that may have been intentional.

I don't know about the rest of you- but I do rather like being alive and stuff.

I can literally do all sorts of things that a dead person can't.

Fun stuff.

When you say that it may have been intentional, are you referring that Pokemon X was indeed ment to over power Pokemon Y?

P.S I won't get mad at you if you say yes, just want to know what you think is all.

NRG

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 9, 2015
I'm disappointed by their designs tbh. Very plain and boring.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
When you say that it may have been intentional, are you referring that Pokemon X was indeed ment to over power Pokemon Y?

P.S I won't get mad at you if you say yes, just want to know what you think is all.

That Xerneas was meant to be more powerful than Yveltal, yeah.

Same as how Fairies are anti-Dragon. Reinforcing a good triumphs over evil theme.

The target demographic are children, after all.

Rapture11

All about Battle Spot <3
Years
Indeed, I see what you mean. Xerneas does over power Yveltal in some perspective, and I too think Game Freak should have evened them out. But thanks for your feedback.

Yeah, that's true. Xerneas does overpower both Yveltal and Zygarde and it was disappointing both have the exact same stats(with Yveltal), they weren't unique in that way but different typing. They should've gave both different stats from each other, I mean, the new legendarys Xerneas just pwns
Yveltal and Zygarde because it's fairy type. Also I guess the person(I forgot his name) who makes pokemon thought dragon type pokemon was too strong and made the new dragons kinda weak, Dragalge could've been way better, Noivern is fast but lacks power and is frail, Goodra was fine but Zygarde looks like a slower, bulkier Garchomp which can destroy Zygarde before it does. This is off-topic a little but Dragalge could've been way better and so could Zygarde.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
Yeah, that's true. Xerneas does overpower both Yveltal and Zygarde and it was disappointing both have the exact same stats(with Yveltal), they weren't unique in that way but different typing. They should've gave both different stats from each other, I mean, the new legendarys Xerneas just pwns
Yveltal and Zygarde because it's fairy type. Also I guess the person(I forgot his name) who makes pokemon thought dragon type pokemon was too strong and made the new dragons kinda weak, Dragalge could've been way better, Noivern is fast but lacks power and is frail, Goodra was fine but Zygarde looks like a slower, bulkier Garchomp which can destroy Zygarde before it does. This is off-topic a little but Dragalge could've been way better and so could Zygarde.

Zygarde will probably get a new form and be more powerful / useful if they make a Z version or X/y2 (like Giratina and Kyurem)

as for typing, I didn't know about Fairy type or anything when I got the game!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
I really like Yveltal, probably my favourite since Lugia.
Yveltal.full.1582039.jpg

But the other two, and the secret ones look a like crap.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 20, 2014
I really liked the designs of both of them, Dialga and Palkia look similar, where as X and Y have very different, but original designs. Just wish that there was more of them (legendaries that is)

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
I really like Yveltal, probably my favourite since Lugia.
Yveltal.full.1582039.jpg

But the other two, and the secret ones look a like crap.

I kind of agree from what I've seen in screenshots and what-not so far about the secret ones. Everyone keeps going on how Diancie's so cute, I totally disagree. I feel like all of the secret legendaries are either lazily drawn (Diancie and Hoopa) or over-detailed (Volcanion)

Back