• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I'm playing Pokemon Red version right now, and I don't know how to get the tea to go to Saffron City.Could someone tell me how to do that?

iirc in the earlier versions you can just buy a drink from Celadon department store and give that to them. If that doesn't work and it was just me imagining you can usually find the tea in the Celadon mansion.

Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2012
Serious trouble with Raikou

First of all, hi everyone! This is my first post on PC.

Here's my problem:
I'm playing Pokemon Crystal and I'm pretty much finished. One of the last things I have left to accomplish in the game is Raikou, Entie, and Ho-oh. I encountered Raikou twice, but he managed to escape because my mean look-er fainted. (Didn't use a master ball, I'm determined to finish the game without duplicating items or Pokemon). Now I can't encounter him again if my life depended on it.

I'm doing the whole "switch between two routes while checking Pokedex" thing, but it doesn't work anymore. When I'm on a route, Raikou refuses to use any of the routes anywhere near where I am, no matter how many times I switch.

For example, I'll be switching between route 38 and Ecruteak, and the Pokedex will show him at Lake of Rage 1/3 of the time so I think "Alright, that's a hotspot then" and move to Lake of Rage. But then when I move there and try for hours he'll use everything BUT where I am. Has happened with several routes.

Am I doing something wrong, is there a problem with my game, or am I just horribly unlucky? This method worked on every Pokemon game I've ever played until now.

If anyone has any advice, I'll be glad to hear it! (Sorry for the really long-winded post.)

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
The only advice I can give ya is that he wont appear on every route, as far as I know. There's a set path that he will follow, but in random order, and will never deviate from that path, so only try this on areas that you've seen him before, whether on the Pokedex or otherwise.

Other than that, good luck man

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2012
I always used the fly around everywhere method and hope to find him method. I got all the legendary dogs this way back in the day as a kid but that's probably because I had so much free time, lol.

Years

I always used the fly around everywhere method and hope to find him method. I got all the legendary dogs this way back in the day as a kid but that's probably because I had so much free time, lol.
The only problem with that is the fact that when you use fly the Dog will change place as soon as you arrive at the town you used fly to reach.

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
Just curiosity, how long did it take you guys to finish Pokemon Red, blue or Yellow? and did you take the time to catch all the Pokemon or mainly just defeat all the gym badges and elite 4?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That's not really a question for this thread. It'd make a nice discussion topic imo, so perhaps you should make a thread for it. :)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Atmacune is a Generation II defunct moveset. I want to know why were these moves given to Suicune. Curse, Rest, Return, Roar.

Curse raises Suicune's decent defence stat, and in tandem with its great HP and Sp Defence, makes it very hard to defeat. Roar is used to phase any Pokémon it may struggle against or anything that might try to set up on it. Rest is used for HP/status recovery and Return will get boosted from the attack boost from Curse.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2014
How would I determine whether a cartridge has its original battery? Sometimes I'm held back on playing them because I have no idea how much time the internal battery has before running dry.

(I got all but one of my generation I+II games used at various times)

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
How would I determine whether a cartridge has its original battery? Sometimes I'm held back on playing them because I have no idea how much time the internal battery has before running dry.

(I got all but one of my generation I+II games used at various times)

I don't think you are able to know for sure. The best way to make sure should be to send the cartridge to a shop for the internal battery to be replaced with a new original one.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Missingno. is a glitch from Red, Blue, and Yellow. Therefore, even if it wasn't a glitch in the game it wouldn't have a shiny because shinies did not exist in the first generation.

Stodd

Dragon Tamer
Years
hey i have an easy question. i am playing yellow on my gameboy (not an emulator), and i traded the starter pikachu for a pikachu from red that was also lvl 5. that way i have the freedom to to evolve him if i want to. the charmander was free, but how do i get the squirtle without my starter pikachu? i can always trade for one, but that is last resort. i'd rather get one the intended way, but whatever. i just wanna know if i can get one without starter pika.

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
hey i have an easy question. i am playing yellow on my gameboy (not an emulator), and i traded the starter pikachu for a pikachu from red that was also lvl 5. that way i have the freedom to to evolve him if i want to. the charmander was free, but how do i get the squirtle without my starter pikachu? i can always trade for one, but that is last resort. i'd rather get one the intended way, but whatever. i just wanna know if i can get one without starter pika.

Squirtle - You need to defeat Lt.Surge.
Bulbasaur - You need your Pikachu to love you. As in the one that can follow you outside of your Pokeball and you can press A on it and it will show it's emotion. If it doesn't do that with your traded Pikachu, I don't think you will be able to get Bulbasaur.

My question: Pokemon Yellow - Elite 4.
Up to the elite 4, tried battling them, I can get up to the 4th elite but can't defeat him.

I was wondering if you could give me an idea on what moves to teach my Pokemon team, I currently have every single TM possible in Yellow from where I am up to. As I am aware of.

Team:

Pikachu lvl 52
Butterfree lvl 48
Hitmonlee lvl 54
Bulbasaur lvl 45
Charmeleon lvl 45
Dugtrio lvl 52

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back