• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
FHJoker said:
I need help. In pokemon gold, when I try to put the starter pokemon in another location the pokeball won't disappear when I recieve the pokemon.

You need to flag the sprite, CBM put a list up not too long ago. You can probably also flag it using Gold Map (Triggered).

derv1205

Trade/Battle/Breed/Clone (X,B2,D)
Years
Hi, how can i make someone to give me the region map for FireRed, because
in the item list it doesnt appear, and theres no flag for it, thanks ^^

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Im having a problem with pokescript. When I try to compile a script, it says "file not found or user canceled" Its the first time I'm having this problem. Can somebody help?

~C3LEBI

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
celebi... what's the name of the script?
don't put any special characters in the name like -, ', + and etc... :\

Hokshu

Super Nomad
Years
Wow, I've just read through a lot of questions from people needing help. Here's hoping mine gets answered. It's pretty basic (in other words, I'm too embarassed to ask):

I've downloaded both PokeScript and PKMADV (both saved in the same folder). For some awkward reason, after I save the script from Notepad as .rbc, I can't seem to compile it after that. I right-click on it, but I just get the same thing as if right-clicking on other files.

I don't seem to understand what may be missing. I know how to script, but the problem has kept me from putting it into action. Any thoughts? :)

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Can anyone tell me how to edit the pokedex numbers for the empty slots with hex?
It's not going to be easy, wait to see if Darthatron manages to with his program.

nope not working. can please someone fix it.
It's difficult to say what the problem even is with just a screenshot. Anyway it would be pointless for someone else to simply do the work for you try to work it out yourself, it's the best way to learn anything.

In advance map when I try to save a tileset with palette 0 it gives me the following error message, "Export of this palette is not possible, there are multiple entries of the same color in the pallete" what should I do?
There are two (or more colours) which are exactly the same, just change one of them.

Pls help me.. pls.. pls..
When i open poket script,It say File not Found or user cancel.
What thing i missed?I have the poket script,pkmn adv.
ZZZ..
It's because you have an apostrophe (') in the file name (or something else) make sure the file name only has spaces and letters.

Right... Does anyone know if it is possible to repoint PokeDex data in the Advance Gen? Because it skips the "??" Pokemon, and for an addition to PEP, I want to add PokeDex Editing. :) Any help is welcome.
Damn, this sucks why would the skip it? Damn Game Freak. Perhaps you could try repointing the whole table? Is the data on what Pokemon appear in the Normal Pokedex in there? Because if it is then you could just make it so that every Pokemon is in the normal dex and you never need to unlock the national dex so the pokedex data doesn't even appear.

http: //i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh97/Zzzzz91/935ze1.png

Nothing about my image?

Another question:How to put a lvl.40 red (shiny) Gyarados instead of the lvl.70 Mewtwo in the Cerulean Cave?
Here you go:
2dmbhwy.png

The best way is to just make it yourself. All you need is:
callasm [asmRoutine]
#raw 00
cry [pokemonNumber]
wildbattle [pokemonNumber] [level] [zone]
callasm [asmRoutine]
#raw 00
Code:
zones:
0 = grass
1 = water
2 = rock
3 for desert
I'm not going to do the script for you because it's best to learn yourself. The ASM routine is the Shiny Hack by Mastermind_X. You can find it here. It is called twice because it needs to be disabled.

Hi, how can i make someone to give me the region map for FireRed, because
in the item list it doesnt appear, and theres no flag for it, thanks ^^
It is an item, number 169.

Im having a problem with pokescript. When I try to compile a script, it says "file not found or user canceled" Its the first time I'm having this problem. Can somebody help?

~C3LEBI
It's because you have an apostrophe (') in the file name (or something else) make sure the file name only has spaces and letters.

sigh... that was long. I'm suprised Blazichu, it's not like you to skip questions.

EDIT:
Sigh... another question in the time it took me to write all this.
Wow, I've just read through a lot of questions from people needing help. Here's hoping mine gets answered. It's pretty basic (in other words, I'm too embarassed to ask):

I've downloaded both PokeScript and PKMADV (both saved in the same folder). For some awkward reason, after I save the script from Notepad as .rbc, I can't seem to compile it after that. I right-click on it, but I just get the same thing as if right-clicking on other files.

I don't seem to understand what may be missing. I know how to script, but the problem has kept me from putting it into action. Any thoughts? :)
Darn, its been so long since this happened to me I can't remember how I fixed it. To do it manually open PokeScript.exe go to File then Encode and your script will start compiling.

Last edited:

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
celebi... what's the name of the script?
don't put any special characters in the name like -, ', + and etc... :\
No It didn't contain anything like that...

When you right click on the .rbc file, under open there should be an option "compile script" click on that.

~C3LEBI

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2008
dshayabusa>>>Thank you very much for the Gyarados,I'll do it now!

But for the Vaporeon,there are two errors:

http: //i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh97/Zzzzz91/Pokepicerror2.jpg
http: //i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh97/Zzzzz91/Pokepicerror1.jpg

How can I fix this?

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
KF91, you need to add the vaporeon sprite in unlz gba and then add it again and repoint it.
Then you must add the correct pallet to vaporeon's backpic.

Celebi, have you tried PKSV? *whistles*

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Damn, this sucks why would the skip it? Damn Game Freak. Perhaps you could try repointing the whole table? Is the data on what Pokemon appear in the Normal Pokedex in there? Because if it is then you could just make it so that every Pokemon is in the normal dex and you never need to unlock the national dex so the pokedex data doesn't even appear.
They skipped it because they hate me... :( Also, I did try repointing the Data, but it failed... badly... I can't find any pointers pointing at it... which makes it difficult. :S Oh well, thanks for the help. :) The data of the 2 dex's are the same, I tried that too.

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2008
KF91, you need to add the vaporeon sprite in unlz gba and then add it again and repoint it.
Then you must add the correct pallet to vaporeon's backpic.

Celebi, have you tried PKSV? *whistles*

Compressed size is:3BC.Which is too big.Aborting.

And sorry I speak french,so I don't know what is "repoint it".

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
KF91 said:
Compressed size is:3BC.Which is too big.Aborting.

And sorry I speak french,so I don't know what is "repoint it".

When clicking "Write to ROM" in unLZ-GBA have "Auto abort if new data is bigger" unticked.

Repointing is changing the pointers of data and the data itself to a new location.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Reaper 6 said:
hi how do make my own tiles

Open your ROM file in AdvanceMap, then open up a map, Ctrl + B to enter the Block Editor. Now go File > Save Tileset 1 or 2 then you can edit the tiles in an image editing program. Now after doing that follow the steps before up to File, then instead of going Save Tileset 1 or 2, go Import Tileset 1 or 2 to place your new tiles into the ROM.

FHJoker

Re-thinking Osmium
Years
I tried the Gold Map thing, I even set the trigger to player choses cyndaquill, totodile, chikorita......my bad if I spelled the names wrong. But after I recieve the Pokemon it still remaines and when I walk to it and check it, it says " It contains a Pokemon caught by prof. Elm."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back