The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 1 Week Ago, 06:45 PM
O'aka XXIII
Merchant Extraordinaire

Nature: Naughty
I started with Crystal first because I had just done 2 runs of blue so I didn't feel like doing another and I need to trade a Scyther to one of my other versions for a Scizor.

My Journey part 1/2
Spoiler:
Chose Cyndaquil
Evolved into Quilava
Beat Sprout Tower
Beat Falkner
Caught Weedle
Evolved into Kakuna
Evolved into Beedrill
Beat Team Rocket
Beat Bugsy
Took 4 Quick Attacks to KO rival’s Croconaw
Taught Beedrill cut
Caught Drowzee
Drowzee evolved into Hypno
Hatched a Pichu
Evolved Quilava into Typhlosion
Got a magnet from Sunny, gave it to Pichu
Beat Morty
Caught a Krabby and taught it to surf
Got Shuckie the Shuckle
Beat Chuck’s Poliwrath to win the badge while Beedrill was sleeping. Sweg.
Got thunderstone from Lass Dana
Had a close encounter with Raikou and almost KO’d it before it fled (so close) :/
Beedrill lost against Jasmine and forced me to bring out Typhlosion in my anger
Beat Pryce
Kicked Team Rocket out of the radio tower
Killed Suicune
Trained a bit in ice path
Beat Claire with beedrill (much surprising)
Picked up Dratini and taught it waterfall

Elite 4 Screens
Spoiler:
Party before facing Elite 4

Beating Will

Beating Koga

Beating Bruno

Beating Karen

Beating Lance

Pokemon before heading for kanto

My Journey part 2/2
Spoiler:
Ran into Raikou outside of Ecruteak city, killed it
Evolved Pichu into Pikachu (finally)
Used my thunderstone from earlier to evolve it immediately into Raichu
Gave it an exp share
Beat Lt Surge
Beat Sabrina
Got lost in the gym trying to leave
Beat Erika
Beat Janine
Beat Misty
Beat Blaine
Bested Blue
Trained on the Elite 4 for a while
Gave up on trying to get Raichu to a usable level, I realized its stats are just turrible
Went through mt silver
I met red and started my final fight
I chose Typhlosion to lead, OHKO’d Pikachu and Espeon then Blastoise KO’d me
Sent out Raichu and used 2HKO thundershocked it
He sent out snorlax and I 2HKO Dynamicpunched it
HE chose Venusaur so I chose Hypno and used Psychic then finished it with pound
He sent out Charizard, his final pokemon, Hypno used headbutt and got a crit hit and a flinch
Then I finished it with Psychic.

Screens
Spoiler:
Red is dead

End game team

Last edited by O'aka XXIII; 1 Week Ago at 12:59 AM.
Old 1 Week Ago, 09:56 AM
jdthebud
Monotype Master

Nature: Naive
Update on Ultimate Blue Monocolor Challenge.

Final Update (#3) on HeartGold.

• Went to the Battle Frontier and got lots of BP for Seed Bomb and some TMs, then sailed to Kanto.
  • Did the Power Plant quest first, then defeated the Kanto gym leaders in order. Blue was the toughest fight as usual.
  • Grinded on the Elite Four and Gym Leader Pokégear rematches to get everyone to L70.
  • EV trained everyone a little bit, then finalized movesets for the fight against Red.
  • While I was doing that, I ran into a *SHINY* Wooper, which I caught and named Violet.
  • Used my Rare Candies to get everyone to L73, then scaled Mt. Silver and arrived at the peak to battle Red.
  • Here's a video and play-by-play of the battle:

Video:
    Spoiler:

Screens:
Spoiler:

Pokémon Trainer Red:

Team Skye (Final):

Regina the Brave Nidoqueen, ♀ - L73 @ Black Sludge
Ability: Poison Point
Moves: Poison Jab, Rock Climb, Earthquake, Rock Slide
Final Stats: 238/187/161/116/164/106
Lance MVP

Dandie the Adamant Jumpluff, ♀ - L73 @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: Seed Bomb, Sleep Powder, Bounce, Leech Seed
Final Stats: 221/145/134/81/154/193
Johto co-MVP

Ringo the Careful Heracross, ♂ - L73 @ Muscle Band
Ability: Guts
Moves: Megahorn, Close Combat, Bulk Up, Earthquake
Final Stats: 240/237/141/65/188/161
Johto co-MVP, Elite Four MVP

Kappa the Timid Golduck, ♂ - L73 @ Mystic Water
Ability: Cloud Nine
Moves: Surf, Ice Beam, Focus Blast, Calm Mind
Final Stats: 224/117/141/200/130/173
Red MVP

Amphitrite the Calm Kingdra, ♀ - L73 @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sniper
Moves: Surf, Ice Beam, Dragon Pulse, Yawn
Final Stats: 231/136/155/196/187/171

Bobblehead the Impish Wobbuffet, ♀ - L73 @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
Moves: Counter, Mirror Coat, Safeguard, Destiny Bond
Final Stats: 420/61/137/53/136/53

HM Slaves:

Ho-oh - Fly, Strength, Rock Smash, Flash [boxed]

LeafGreen - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2 (postgame)

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Select Completed Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, on hold
Old 1 Week Ago, 11:54 AM
Feraligatr13

Nature: Relaxed
Alright, I figured it was time to take another crack at this, this time in Gray!

Username: Feraligatr13
Game: Red
Color: Gray

I used the Universal Pokemon Randomizer to set Machop as my starter in place of Bulbasaur and I also removed trade evolutions and lowercased names. I've even got some screenshots ready, even though my VBA derped out and deleted the first Blue win :l

Screens:
Spoiler:

My party:
Spoiler:

Muscle the Machamp

Will update later. Bye!

Owned Challenges:
The Mega Evolution Challenge!
Old 1 Week Ago, 12:17 PM
Crackle
A Rite of Passage

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Crackle
For my 900th post, guess i’ll claim the first completed Gen VI Mono-Color challenge! Here we go.

Y Red Mono-Color Challenge - Final Update

Spoiler:
Last time we saved the world from Team Flare. So I went through Route 18 to Couriway Town.

I beat Sycamore, he was pretty easy since Cheesy did more than half to Blastoise with Grass Knot and lived his Aqua Tail, then Ranch took care of his Charizard with Rock Tomb followed by Crunch. So I got a few nice items in Couriway, then went to Route 19 where I battled some trainers, then the rivals on the bridge. Shauna I swept with Jalapeño after +6 Attack, Tierno wasn’t anything hard either since I had type advantages, and Trevor got unlucky (his Aerodactyl missed against Cheesy twice with Supersonic).

Then I arrived in Snowbelle City, and went through Route 20 (ugh, least favorite place in the game) and met Wulfric at the Pokémon Village.

I also caught a Jigglypuff that I traded for the Bisharp, Pierce. Great to have since it gains boosted EXP. Then it was Gym time! The trainers had a bit of crazy stuff but nothing really significant. Despite being rather lower leveled, I decided to take on the Gym Leader.

Abomasnow was OHKOed by Flamethrower, Avalugg somehow lived Flamethrower but only used Curse and was 2HKOed as he healed, then Cryogonal was faster and confused me, so I brought in Jalapeño, survived a hit and killed him in one hit with Megahorn.

There was my team after the Gym fight. Despite that, I went to Route 21 and battled some interesting trainers, then got some TMs I can only access with Waterfall, like Earthquake and Rock Slide.

Victory Road time! Some of these trainers were pretty crazy since their levels were way higher than mine, but others weren’t too terrible.

Just so I could have some backup in case they were needed, I caught a Druddigon in Victory Road named Asiago and an Electrode in the Lost Hotel named Sours. Druddigon was Level 59, which was by far my highest level at the time, but Electrode was only 38, though I caught it just in case I needed something for Siebold.

And I had to fight Calem. Meowstic was downed by Ranch, Greninja was slammed in one High Jump Kick from Kung Pao despite a nine level disadvantage, Altaria was 2HKOed by Calamari’s Ice Beam (since he used Confide twice), then I brought in Bleu Cheese against Absol and used Shell Smash as he just used Swords Dance, then I OHKOed both that and Flareon with X-Scissor and Rock Slide respectively.

When I got this far, my 3DS’ battery was in the red, haha. Anyway, these last few trainers weren’t too bad, but the last one had an annoying Umbreon that Jalapeño had to come in and slam. Then we made it to the Pokémon League! I ran around, thinking about who to use, and went to Terminus Cave, and Routes 19 and 20 to do some training.

I decided to have Cheesy, Jalapeño, Cookie Crumb, Calamari, Bleu Cheese and Pierce as my team going in. I got them all to Level 59 as I thought that would be sufficient enough. Once that was done, I went into the Elite Four’s castle!

I decided to do Siebold first because I wasn’t exactly excited to battle him with what I had, so I just wanted to get him out of the way.

First I started with Calamari, who did more than half with Energy Ball against Clawitzer while his Dragon Pulse did around 2/3 my health. Then the Quick Claw activated and I killed him.
Then came Gyarados, and the Quick Claw activated there too and Charge Beam did more than half before he killed me with Earthquake. I brought out Cookie Crumb, and Earthquake did less than half to me before I killed him with Rock Slide.
Cookie Crumb was faster than Barbaracle and barely survived his Cross Chop with 9 HP, while Earthquake did just enough for a 2HKO.
Finally, Starmie killed Cookie Crumb, but I brought in Pierce, survived his Surf, paralyzed him with Thunder Wave just to be safe, and killed him in one hit with Night Slash.

Drasna:

This was interesting. I used Calm Mind with Cheesy against Dragalge, who then did less than half with Surf, before OHKOing her with Psyshock.
Then Altaria missed with Sing and was 2HKOed by Psyshock as well.
Noivern knocked me low with Air Slash, but I got a critical hit Psychic that almost killed her. I switched to Calamari as she healed, then got ANOTHER Quick Claw, allowing me to kill her with Ice Beam.
Lastly, Druddigon, who took less than half with Ice Beam before phasing me out with Dragon Tail. Bleu Cheese was dragged out and I used Shell Smash, then she missed with Dragon Tail and I finished her with X-Scissor. Flawless win right there.

Malva:

Pyroar just used Noble Roar twice in a row against Calamari. Easy 2HKO with Surf.
For Talonflame, I switched in Cookie Crumb. She did pathetic damage with two hits of Brave Bird. I easily killed her with Rock Slide.
Torkoal was slammed in one hit by Head Smash, which was pretty awesome given how defensive she is, she was higher leveled and I didn’t even have the Hard Stone backing.
Chandelure killed Cookie Crumb, but I brought in Bleu Cheese, and I don’t remember what she did (I think she used Confide) then I used Shell Smash and killed her with Rock Slide.

Wikstrom:

I decided to start with Jalapeño, since she hadn’t gotten a chance to fight all Elite Four and I wanted to make sure my favorite Pokémon on the team did. I set up a Swords Dance against Klefki as he used Torment and Spikes, then OHKOed him with a critical hit Earthquake (which I don’t know if it mattered since I had the Soft Sand, making it 120 power).
Probopass was flinched with Rock Slide then slammed by Earthquake.
Scizor took less than half from Rock Slide, got a critical hit Iron Head to knock me to 12 HP, then killed me with Bullet Punch, but Cheesy killed him with Flamethrower.
For Aegislash I used Substitute to bait him into Blade forme, then killed him with Flamethrower.

Diantha:

First was Hawlucha. I had Cheesy out, and she used Poison Jab for 1/4 my health, but I killed her in one hit with Psychic.
After that was Tyrantrum. I used Light Screen and she killed me with Head Smash. I then brought out Pierce, who managed to flinch her with Iron Head. As she healed, I used Swords Dance then killed her in one hit with Iron Head.
Goodra came in next, and unfortunately hit with Focus Blast and killed Pierce. I brought in Bleu Cheese, and she used Muddy Water which did like 3/4 and lowered my accuracy while I used Shell Smash, then HIT with Rock Slide and flinched her. Whoa! I then hit with X-Scissor and killed her.
Then came Aurorus, who I hit with Rock Slide and killed in one hit.
Next up was Gourgeist. Unfortunately I missed against her twice in a row and she killed me with two hits of Phantom Force while I was weakened (Bleu Cheese had Leftovers, so she was gaining health gradually in between turns). I then brought in Jalapeño, and she used Trick-or-Treat while I used Swords Dance. I almost killed her with Megahorn, and she used Phantom Force. I didn’t want to risk being OHKOed since I was part Ghost-type, so I brought in Cookie Crumb who took it for less than 1/4 like a boss. Then she healed, and I 2HKOed her with Crunch, the second hit being after she used Phantom Force again.
Lastly, Gardevoir. She killed Cookie Crumb with Moonblast and then OHKOed Calamari with Thunderbolt, leaving me with just Jalapeño. I’m like, ah man, this is it. I used Poison Jab…and got a critical hit, which killed her in one hit. :D I have no idea if I needed it or not (I had the Poison Barb backing for a 20% boost), but I still welcome it.

AZ:
Didn't have pictures here, but Calamari swept his team pretty much. I survived two hits of Sigilyph’s Psychic with 14 HP and 2HKOed him with Ice Beam, while Torkoal and Golurk died to Surf.

So here’s my final team, in reverse order of when I obtained them:
Spoiler:

Male, Nature: Adamant
Ability: Defiant
Obtained at: Trade in Snowbelle City
Moves: Iron Head, Night Slash, Swords Dance, Thunder Wave

Male, Nature: Rash
Ability: Sniper
Obtained at: Route 12
Moves: Confide, Ice Beam, Surf, Thunder Wave

Male, Nature: Impish
Obtained at: Ambrette Town
Moves: Crunch, Dragon Claw, Head Smash, Rock Slide

Female, Nature: Impish
Ability: Sturdy
Obtained at: Ambrette Town (Although I didn't add her to my party until Dendemille Town or something.)
Moves: Earthquake, Rock Slide, Shell Smash, X-Scissor

Female, Nature: Hasty
Ability: Poison Point
Obtained at: Route 6
Moves: Earthquake, Megahorn, Poison Jab, Swords Dance

Male, Nature: Lax
Obtained at: Aquacorde Town
Moves: Calm Mind, Flamethrower, Light Screen, Psychic

And storage:
Spoiler:
Fletchinder (M) “Oregano”, Level 20
Pansear (M) “Hot Slushie”, Level 18
Charmander (F) “Shrimp Steak”, Level 10
Vileplume (M) “Indonesia”, Level 38
Scrafty (F) "Kung Pao", Level 54
Krookodile (M) "Ranch", Level 57
Throh (M) “Ground Beef”, Level 23
Meditite (M) “Pepperjack”, Level 15
Shelmet (F) “Mussel”, Level 30
Druddigon (M) "Asiago", Level 59
Electrode "Sours", Level 38

Final playing time: 25:25 - There you have it. First documented Kalos Mono-Color clear. No bag items in battle, Set mode, no Mega Evolutions, Amie, Super Training, etc. At least three hours went into final training That said, i'll likely do more Mono-Color stuff on XY eventually, and hope this can motivate some of you into doing the same thing. ;D
Masuda Method #1 - Shiny Noibat, 2/12/14, 174 eggs
Credit to Lilith for the avatar!

Last edited by Crackle; 1 Week Ago at 05:30 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago, 12:14 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master

Just a small initial update on my next game.

Update #1 on Emerald.

Name: Blue
Rival: May
Starter: Mudkip
  • Picked Lagoon the Mudkip as my starter, then defeated May's Treeko on Route 103.
  • Got the Pokédex and Pokéballs, then gave myself an egg, and out hatched Titan the Beldum!
  • Fought my way to Petalburg City, helped Wally catch Ralts, then went into Petalburg Woods.
  • Caught my next team member there, Swift the Taillow.
  • Arrived in Rustboro City and took on the gym with Lagoon, who swept everyone easily with Water Gun, including Roxanne.
  • Moved north to Route 116 and went into Rusturf Tunnel, where I caught Tuba the Whismur.
  • Defeated the Aqua Grunt with Tuba's Uproar and saved Peeko, then saved on Route 116.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Blue:

Tuba the Mild Whismur, ♀ - L9
Ability: Soundproof
Moves: Pound, Uproar

Swift the Adamant Taillow, ♀ - L10
Moves: Peck, Growl, Focus Energy, Quick Attack

Titan the Docile Beldum - L10
Ability: Clear Body
Moves: Take Down

Lagoon the Sassy Mudkip, ♂ - L15
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Water Gun, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Bide

HM Slaves:

Zigzagoon - Pickup, Cut

Ultimate Monotype:

Last edited by jdthebud; 3 Days Ago at 11:00 PM.
Old 21 Hours Ago, 04:46 AM
xVaporeon
"Okay?" "Okay."

So I haven't been on in a while because of exams, but I thought I should carry this on!

Update #11

- Reached the Pokemon League.
- Battled Will - Specialty: Psychic
- Defeated his Xatu with Lucky and Toto
- Defeated his Exeggutor with Toto and Poliswag
- Defeated his Jynx with Toto
- Defeated his Slowbro with Toto
- Defeated his Xatu with a chip in from everyone
- Healed everyone up

Bit of a short update, but I'll do a longer one later.

Team

Toto the Feraligatr, Level 38, ♂
Item: None
Cut, Bite, Surf, Water Gun

Poliswag the Poliwhirl, Level 37, ♀
Bubble, Body Slam, Water Gun, Strength

Ms. Blobby the Quagsire, Level 36, ♀
Water Gun, Amnesia, Slam, Rollout

Donald the Golduck, Level 37, ♂
Scratch, Psych Up, Disable, Confusion

Lucky the Gyarados, Level 36, ♂
Thrash, Twister, Dragon Breath, Whirlpool

Aurora the Suicune, Level 40, ♂
Waterfall, Bubblebeam, Rain Dance, Gust
Old 16 Hours Ago, 10:03 AM
jdthebud
Monotype Master

Update #2 on Emerald.

• Beat the rest of the trainers on Route 116, then defeated May before hitching a ride to Dewford Town.
  • Went through Granite Cave and found Steven, then took on the gym.
  • Brawly was tough as I was underleveled and Swift was not strong enough, so a team effort was required here.
  • Directly after the battle, Lagoon evolved into Marshtomp!
  • Went to Slateport City and defeated all the trainers on the beach, then foiled Team Aqua's plans in the museum.
  • Went north to Route 110 and defeated May easily enough, then arrived in Mauville City.
  • Tried mixing records with a Sapphire save to try and get a Surskit swarm to appear, but gave up on that idea.
  • Trained up my team on the trainers around Mauville City, and Titan, Tuba, and Swift evolved into Metang, Loudred, and Swellow!
  • Took on the gym and defeated Wattson easily, mostly with Lagoon's Mud Shot.
  • I am now saved in Mauville City.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Blue:

Titan the Docile Metang - L24
Ability: Clear Body
Moves: Metal Claw, Take Down, Confusion

Tuba the Mild Whismur, ♀ - L24 @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
Moves: Uproar, Howl, Shock Wave, Supersonic

Lagoon the Sassy Marshtomp, ♂ - L24
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Mud Shot, Tackle, Water Gun, Bide

Swift the Adamant Swellow, ♀ - L24
Moves: Wing Attack, Steel Wing, Quick Attack, Double Team

HM Slaves:

Zigzagoon - Pickup, Cut, Rock Smash

Ultimate Monotype:

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links