• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter // Fan Club

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
I got mine an hour after my last post here. -_- Seems like a "second" confirmation email. When they sent out the first one, that was right after the validation, on that day. This one marks the total tally of all seven days, just to get the head count. I thought it was some kind of cut.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
"Everyone"? Me? I made a second because I want to go into a house I like. And now there is a needy child out there who did not get their 3000th account. I'd like to give them my personal apologies.
That kind of undermines the whole point of an extensive sorting. 9_9 If they wanted people to pick houses they wanted, they'd just have it as a dropdown list in the registration form. I mean, I won't deny that if I get into a house I dislike, I'll probably be reregistering when gen reg opens up but... well, I guess it doesn't matter. :( But I know a lot of people who actually did delete any extra accounts they got to open them up for other people. (I still have an inkling that the last day's reg stayed open until the very end of the possible timeframe, though, regardless of the amount of registrations, so I doubt it matters at all.)

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Lightning said:
But I know a lot of people who actually did delete any extra accounts they got to open them up for other people.

See, this is the right thing to do. I find it immature to get as many accounts as you can just so you get into the House you want. If I ended up in Hufflepuff or Slytherin, I wouldn't really care at that point. All that matters is that I got in.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
To each his own. Play the game the way it makes it fun for you.

It's not just you though, everyone makes a bunch of accounts andjust get accepted into the house you want. If this was real and you were sorted into Hufflepuff you wouldn't be able to call do-overs to try something else.

If this were "real" then I'd get my chance to say I didn't like a house @~@

That kind of undermines the whole point of an extensive sorting. 9_9 If they wanted people to pick houses they wanted, they'd just have it as a dropdown list in the registration form. I mean, I won't deny that if I get into a house I dislike, I'll probably be reregistering when gen reg opens up but... well, I guess it doesn't matter. :( But I know a lot of people who actually did delete any extra accounts they got to open them up for other people. (I still have an inkling that the last day's reg stayed open until the very end of the possible timeframe, though, regardless of the amount of registrations, so I doubt it matters at all.)

Yeah, so you'd re-register. Other people I know made second accounts incase they got in a specific house they disliked, I thought it seemed a good idea and did the same. Oh well.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I got that...mail thing that Patchisou aslo got. I'm so excited now! :3

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I still haven't gotten mine :( I'm depressed about this. I know they have to get a million out and it'll take a while, but one of my friends who got in after I did already has his email so it makes me wonder if they forgot about me.

EDIT: JUST as I clicked send on that post, my email came though! AWESOME!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
As far as I'm aware, the emails they sent out are only for letting you know that you got in or something. Or at least that's what my letter said.

But anyway, Harry Potter has been coming on TV here the past few weeks and I swear it's terrible, not the movies, they're brilliant but they put them in the wrong order. Last week they showed the Philosopher's Stone, the week before they showed the Goblet of Fire and this week they're showing the Half Blood Prince. It's so confusing omg but it's making me want to watch all the movies in order again.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
We've been having then on here as well, they've been showing them on ITV every saturday. Though ours are in order, not sure weather they'll premiere HBP, but I haven't been watching anyway since I have then all on DVD. :3

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
They've been showing the HP movies here, too, for the past few weeks on Saturdays. Seems as though they've been doing a better job of it, though; We've had ours all in order. OOTP was on yesterday :) Edit: Wow, I was beaten to it by a minute XD

Have to like that it always trends on Twitter when it's on XD

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
Did anyone get their Beta 'Congratulations' from a Hogwarts Owl yet? @pottermore on Twitter tweeted earlier letting followers know, Pottermore Insider updated their blog with information on the Beta testing and October registration. So it seems we might be hearing about people having access now. Here's the link!

Beta testing (and registering for October)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Yeah, the French and Italian (?) emails went out with dates that said emails would go out from August 15 to September 30... so people must be getting in today!

I didn't get an email today. :'( But I'm keeping my phone in my pocket on vibrate so I can check every email I get the instant it comes in.

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
Years
What house are you in?: Slytherin
Wand Description: Core: Walnut | Length: 10.5 inches | Core: Dragon Heartstring
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow: Don't know what this is.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I got ma pottermore letter :3

It's the one confirming that I am in, now I just need to wait for the one that lets me in...
OH, I CAN'T WAIT

Guy

just a guy
Years
GUYS!!! GUYS!!!

I've done it. In the span of exactly one month, I have finished reading the entire Harry Potter series for the first time. I feel very accomplished right now. I had outbursts of emotion as I read through Deathly Hallows, but during the piece where everyone (Death Eaters and Hogwartians alike) were entering in the castle and everyone, including the House Elves fought back my eyes got a bit watery. ;~;

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Congratulations! :3

I remember the first time I finished reading the series...
Ah, such good days. ):

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Everytime I see him sing, I just see Draco, which creeps me out so much. I saw him in Rise of Planet of the apes on monday, bleh - just saw Draco. xD

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
He's in that movie too? I also saw him in a trailer with Taylor Lautner (immediately everyone in the audience moaned because they thought it was a Twilight trailer) but it was a different movie.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
On the topic of that Tom Felton sings, I'm not really surprised about it. I do read character biographies of those who play a part on the HP movies.

But when I first discovered I was like "...wtf does Draco do when he's not on Hogwarts?". xD

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I know, all I can imagine is Draco singing @~@

Everytime I see him sing, I just see Draco, which creeps me out so much. I saw him in Rise of Planet of the apes on monday, bleh - just saw Draco. xD

I saw that yesterday and did not like his American accent, it does not suit him :( The same with Robert Pattison. It's almost as if their whole voice changes...I found it funny when he said lines weirdly similar to what he had said in HP, though.

Back