• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Transfering pokemon

Romaov

Orra
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
how do you think they're gonna allow us to transfer our pokemon from BW BW2 or games even further back? I really hope they make like a transfer tool that you can download from the eshop for free that way it just connects to your regular ds games and holds them until you connect your X or Y version. Because not everyone owns two DS's to trade back and forth from.

bashau

Distinct Phantom
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2022
i think they will find a way be it'll be a game store only

blue

gucci
Years
If they make Gen 5 transferable then I'm pretty sure Gen 4 will be too, they're both on the same handheld so I can't see why one would be viable too with the other not. As for a transferring method I'd say they will probably stick with the Pokétransfer Lab which was pretty straight forward and it got the job done, I really want to be able to see all of the Pokemon in 3D graphics eventually!

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
I just had a revolutionary breakthrough thought that no one might have thought of before. What if they make an app that can be downloaded via eshop or better, part of the game package, and it will be just like the Ruby and Sapphire box system whatever from the old Gamecube where you would be able to deposit any pokemon from the DPPtBWB2W2 DS games, if their on your 3ds, and be able to take them out from the XY games. If they will hint a little Generation 3 in this new generation than they might go for this move. Also, you all know that Generation 5 was a reboot with aspects of Generation 1 implemented. They further went with the format in Generation 6 with an introduction of a new type as Generation 2 had done. Now here is where you might get excited. Generation 2 was the only generation where you are able to send Generation 1 Pokemon from the GSC games back to the RBY games via "time machine" trade. Since the two generations (5 & 6) are equivalent to 1 and 2, there might be chance of the proposed box system idea I mentioned to be able to send back non-Generation 6 pokemon back to the DS series if you ever wanted to.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I can always dream about a transferring app that reads a Gen IV/V card's save area, and then moves all the relevant Pokémon data to XY. That would be... ridiculously easy, though.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I can always dream about a transferring app that reads a Gen IV/V card's save area, and then moves all the relevant Pokémon data to XY. That would be... ridiculously easy, though.
Same here. Though I feel if they do that they may still add in a mini game. I see the Pokémon appearing in a ranch like setting, and capturing them with a Park/DW ball.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
well i heard that there were problems with ds connecting to 3ds but i dont know how true is that. gen5 transferring was really the worst since it required two systems and not everybody had two. i think an app would be cool and currently its the most viable way imo. as long as we can transfer from older generations though im okay with whatever it may be

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I hope that we still have to use 2 handhelds.
It will be awfull if they made you download an app.
It'll really restrict players who only own one 3DS if we are made to use two of them much like gen 5 did. Sure we can trade them to friends gen 5 games who have two and trade back in XY but it can get tedious to do so.

franko94

Master Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2013
I think the issue will be with the Hidden Power mechanic. The old Pokemon are not programmed to be able to have Fairy type hidden power

Years
as long as they dont have a stupid minigame ill be all good. gen V's mini game was so annoying, and i often didnt manage to get all the pokemon i was attempting to transfer.
but i dont think youll be able to transfer pokemon back to gen V. as franko94 said, theres new mechanics, and if they were going to let you do it at all, game freak would have let you transfer from gen V to IV.

Years
I think the issue will be with the Hidden Power mechanic. The old Pokemon are not programmed to be able to have Fairy type hidden power
Well, the IVs of the pokemon wouldn't change, so while the hidden power would have to be re-configured, it wouldn't be a change in how the stats are calculated, like gen 2 to 3. I think Gamefreak learned from the backlash from gen 2 to 3 and will always make games backwards compatible, which is cool since i can use pokemon from Sapphire 3 generations later.
How is a different question. I don't own a 3ds yet, but I've played DS games with my friends who do in multiplayer, so they can connect. The question is how would a ds game connect with a 3ds game, which is a rather new problem, but I'm sure Game freak will figure it out.

Romaov

Orra
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
Well, the IVs of the pokemon wouldn't change, so while the hidden power would have to be re-configured, it wouldn't be a change in how the stats are calculated, like gen 2 to 3. I think Gamefreak learned from the backlash from gen 2 to 3 and will always make games backwards compatible, which is cool since i can use pokemon from Sapphire 3 generations later.
How is a different question. I don't own a 3ds yet, but I've played DS games with my friends who do in multiplayer, so they can connect. The question is how would a ds game connect with a 3ds game, which is a rather new problem, but I'm sure Game freak will figure it out.

as I suggested they should just make a free transfer tool in the eshop where you take pokemon in a 5,4th gen game to put it into the 6th gen.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Could they use Dream Word connectivity to move pokemon?

Could BW save data to the SD card? Then the 3DS could get them there.

GF should find a way for a Single 3DS to transfer pokemon. GF shouldn't expect us to have two.

Romaov

Orra
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
Could they use Dream Word connectivity to move pokemon?

Could BW save data to the SD card? Then the 3DS could get them there.

GF should find a way for a Single 3DS to transfer pokemon. GF shouldn't expect us to have two.

IKR! I'm probably the only person I know of any of my friends that has a 3ds or a ds ever.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I wonder with Pokemon X and Y if they gonna release a pokemon stadium type game on Wii U.

Back