• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Lilac [Beta 1 Released!]

Years
Woah. DrFuji! This looks great! I loved the video with Giovanni in it. I do have a question, Is the house next to your starter house (In the video) the lab? Or your rival's house?

Good luck! If I could create banners for this one, I would. Unfortunately, I do not have photoshop any longer.D:

Again, best of luck, I'll be supporting.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Love pretty much everything about this hack; definitely one of, if not the, best hacks currently floating about in Progressing Hacks. I would have one complaint, though:

shimmerpreviewpic.png

In that screenshot all the mountains are grey; however, the small rock is brown. I don't know, that seems a wee bit inconsistent in my opinion. Either way, good luck Doctor Fujeh.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
hmmm.... with all that have been said, now I'm looking forward to it much more! :3

BTW, can I use the screenshot in your sig? I'll use it in my sig too! To show my support
on Pokemon Lilac. :)

Go for it - Take your pick from the screenshots :P

Looks great... love the tiles and the sprites, excpecially the hero's ow!
Keep up the good work!

Thanks for that :)

Woah. DrFuji! This looks great! I loved the video with Giovanni in it. I do have a question, Is the house next to your starter house (In the video) the lab? Or your rival's house?

Good luck! If I could create banners for this one, I would. Unfortunately, I do not have photoshop any longer.D:

Again, best of luck, I'll be supporting.

I'm glad you found your way here XD

Yeah, that is region's lab because the rival's home town isn't the same as your own. Don't worry about banners or anything - Your support is enough :D

Love pretty much everything about this hack; definitely one of, if not the, best hacks currently floating about in Progressing Hacks. I would have one complaint, though:

shimmerpreviewpic.png

In that screenshot all the mountains are grey; however, the small rock is brown. I don't know, that seems a wee bit inconsistent in my opinion. Either way, good luck Doctor Fujeh.

Oh you.

Hmm... You raise a pretty good point - I'll be fixing the rock soon Manipulashun.

This looks like an amazing hack. If the scripts match up this hack would probably be good enough to be Hack of The Year. Those graphics are brilliant.

I'm glad you think so, but that is nowhere near what I'm trying to do. I just want to have some fun and showcase it here but its still nice if you think that ;D

Nice! I would like to see this hack progress, I suck at hacking! Im mea it! Im terrible! I can berely even change the maps! Ill be posting my hack up soon. Be sure t check out how much I fail!

Will do, but don't put yourself down!

------- (-o-) -------​

Current status: Finishing off mapping of the third city/ town thing. Inserting scripts to come soon.

I'm not sure if I'll have access to internet for the next three days, so I might not be able to reply to anything, but I will be working on this during that time. Keep posting pl0x.

Last edited:

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
Years
Current status: Finishing off mapping of the third city/ town thing. Inserting scripts to come soon.

I'm not sure if I'll have access to internet for the next three days, so I might not be able to reply to anything, but I will be working on this during that time. Keep posting pl0x.

It's so sad to hear you'll be gone off the internet world for three days...

You know that we'll miss you here... :D

But It's also nice to let us know that you'll be doing your work in that 3days w/out internet.

We want to let you know that we're rooting for you on this one! Ya got all the support from us!

BTW, Look at my Sig! hehehe! >:)

If you need me for anything like beta testing or something or you just want to release your emotions to me, feel free to do so! :))

Anyways, Good Luck! :3

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
As my final act before leaving for three days, I thought I would quickly give some screenshots even though I seem to have a million and should really cut down on the unecessary ones. They are an early shot of the player in the third city and the first move tutor whose will teach a Pokemon Endure in Frigid Cavern. I have a plan for something to happen before you can learn Endure, but I haven't implemented it yet... fufufu...

suplurecity.png
endure.png

Have a good weekend :D

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
As my final act before leaving for three days, I thought I would quickly give some screenshots even though I seem to have a million and should really cut down on the unecessary ones. They are an early shot of the player in the third city and the first move tutor whose will teach a Pokemon Endure in Frigid Cavern. I have a plan for something to happen before you can learn Endure, but I haven't implemented it yet... fufufu...

suplurecity.png
endure.png

Have a good weekend :D

The cave water seems, i dunno off? It doesn't look much like water, maybe it's too dark? It just doesn't seem right to me.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
The cave water seems, i dunno off? It doesn't look much like water, maybe it's too dark? It just doesn't seem right to me.

There is nothing wrong with the cave water tiles at all. I guess I could increase the contrast, but I see the colour scheme as being perfectly fine at this point.

Maybe it needs wave-animations to make it look like a cave-river.

How could you tell that it wasn't animated? It is a screen capture, not a .gif file :/

I didn't do as much as I thought as I would over the weekeend, but I was able to complete two maps which had been giving me some trouble previously and change some tiles from earlier. Did anyone say beach party? :P

beachi.png
beachgym.png

nasonex

Years
How could you tell that it wasn't animated? It is a screen capture, not a .gif file :
I didn't do as much as I thought as I would over the weekeend, but I was able to complete two maps which had been giving me some trouble previously and change some tiles from earlier. Did anyone say beach party? :P

beachi.png
beachgym.png

Woohoo! Beach Party! Nice tiles you got there. I'm lovin the graphics
dude! It feels like it's very sunny! :D

Anyways, may I ask if what is the name of the town/city?

I'm very much excited about the gym leader type! >:)

Nice Updates! Keep it rolling! :D

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Stupid Scientist is stupid. They never tell the good news to their mates on MSN.

Finally, you have shown what you've been doing all along behind your desktop, huh? (yeah, not comment here, I saw this today the first time)

Everything about this is great, and geez, you kept the ows! these were my first sucessful overworlds! I'm feeling a bit iffy about them atm, but never mind, maybe if you also showed a scene with the backsprite/trainer card on <3

About tiles, you revamped everything? that's a lot of work, and it seems to have paid off. Great job, Mr.Anderson!

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
nasonex said:
Anyways, may I ask if what is the name of the town/city?

Its called Fleetwood, but the Gym-type is my little secret D:

NiKaNoRoU said:
Stupid Scientist is stupid. They never tell the good news to their mates on MSN.

I thought it would have been a nice suprise ;P

NiKaNoRoU said:
Finally, you have shown what you've been doing all along behind your desktop, huh? (yeah, not comment here, I saw this today the first time)

Everything about this is great, and geez, you kept the ows! these were my first sucessful overworlds! I'm feeling a bit iffy about them atm, but never mind, maybe if you also showed a scene with the backsprite/trainer card on <3

About tiles, you revamped everything? that's a lot of work, and it seems to have paid off. Great job, Mr.Anderson!

I <3 your OWs/ frontsprites/ backsprites, how could I ever replace them?

Yeah, the tiles are hard work, but I enjoy inserting them and the finished products look great imo - Thanks for stopping by, Agent Smith :D

------- (-o-) -------​

Update: I'm mapping out the game's big forest (Frickle Forest), but I haven't progressed far enough to get some early screenshots due to the return of school which will be slowing down my progress God, I was getting so much stuff done at a cracking pace during the holidays. I've also added a fun script in Fleetwood that could result in you getting a rare Pokemon.

nasonex

Years
------- (-o-) -------​

Update: I'm mapping out the game's big forest (Frickle Forest), but I haven't progressed far enough to get some early screenshots due to the return of school which will be slowing down my progress God, I was getting so much stuff done at a cracking pace during the holidays. I've also added a fun script in Fleetwood that could result in you getting a rare Pokemon.

Nice Updates again DrFuji! I've been wondering what the Frickle Forest
will look like. It feels like it's a creepy forest.. (chills)

It's sad that the school is too quick on getting back from holidays.. >.<

But you can work slowly but surely! To ensure the Gaming goodness
of Pokemon: Lilac. hehehe!

Can't wait for the scripts at Fleetwood City! Maybe It'll be a rare Beach
pokemon! lol! :D

Anyways keep up the good work DrFuji! Good Luck! :3

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
You've been updatin' the thread with awesome
updates lately, and I appreciate that.

I have one complaint, though.
And that complaint... is the Hero OW. The design itself is good, but the hair seems to...
"lost" its outlining?

Anyways, good luck on this.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
nasonex said:
Nice Updates again DrFuji! I've been wondering what the Frickle Forest
will look like. It feels like it's a creepy forest.. (chills)

Hehe... Its funny that you should say that, as it is suppossed to be a bit creepy, as shown in the first screenshot further down. I've cut out some of the text cause I'm cool like that, but the message is d simple: Something is lurking within the forest...

Can't wait for the scripts at Fleetwood City! Maybe It'll be a rare Beach
pokemon! lol! :D

I wouldn't exactly call the Pokemon 'beach Pokemon', but maybe you'll get lucky :3

Sarcastic Prince said:
You've been updatin' the thread with awesome
updates lately, and I appreciate that.

I have one complaint, though.
And that complaint... is the Hero OW. The design itself is good, but the hair seems to...
"lost" its outlining?

Anyways, good luck on this.

Thanks for that :P

Yeah, now that I look back on it, the player's hair could use some refining - I'll fix that in abit unless you'd like to do the honours, NiKa?

------- (-o-) -------​

Update: 5 Hours after saying I had nothing to show, I've scrounged up two screenshots to show that I've actually been doing stuff. I'm planning to test whether I should slightly lighten the Frickle Forest trees or not, so the second screenshot is tentativly confirmed.

Spoiler:

Post, reply, whatever - Its all good :D

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
Hey! Nice hack!
Tiles and palettes very good, has a good harmony, nothing to complain about.
Actually, the hack in general it's all very well. I congratulate you.
I hope to see a script of the hack ^^

Back