• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Of course you can join, welcome! I'll add you in now :)

Trusting HBO to do a better job than anyone at not exploiting something for a cheap sex angle? Andy, you have very low expectations.

I remember reading about that change to Starfire in an article where the person writing it quoted her own daughter saying she didn't like the changes.

Hey, HBO puts a lot of graphic sex in its productions, but it also does it right! HBO makes awesome TV.

As to the article, hopefully someone sent it in to DC. Though I have to wonder whether if they asked a 12-year-old boy the same question, he'd have the same response. And sadly, I think that's what DC was aiming for.

@Shining Raichu: Well I we shouldn't trust comic book companies to handle any type of minority character. One of the character's son, I believe it was Green Arrow's, is mixed, but in the comics he is mostly drawn as completely white with no evidence of his mixed ethnicity.

That seems like a very odd thing to do. The son of a superhero can't be all that important as a character, so I can't really see what is to be gained by stripping the mixed race out of him. That's just a really random thing to do.

LillithSilver

Tooth & Eye
Years
Of course you can join, welcome! I'll add you in now :)

Thanks. :D I just remembered about a LGBTS thread on Ponychan a while ago, and I visited it to check up on things (even though I'm not really a member of that one), and realized I forgot to see if you answered. ^^" Whoops on that one. Anyway, thanks again Rai.

Years
So... I was talking with friends yesterday and the topic of gay actors came up. My best friend who is gay (and is not a "gay best friend") said he'd be willing to watch some show he didn't want to watch once he heard that the lead actor was gay. (Sorry, I can't remember the show's name.)

I thought this was kind of weird. To me, an actor being gay or not would have no effect on whether I'd watch a show, or a movie, or listen to an album, or anything like that, but maybe I'm the weird one. How do y'all feel about this? Would you give something a chance if you found out a person was gay, or whatever would appeal to you most?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I've never really thought about it. I don't think it really makes a difference one way or the other.

Shining Raichu

Years
No, it wouldn't matter to me one way or the other - unless he was young and hot and would give me a chance to perve on him :P

Honestly I have actors that I love and I'll make sure to watch anything they have coming out, and then I get to love new actors through those projects and start to watch other things they're in, and on goes the cycle.

Also I'd be more likely to watch something with gay characters than gay actors.

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
Years
Hello there ^.^

Could I be apart of the club?

I'm pan-sexual. I feel that love doesn't need gender, and is based more on emotional feelings. Attractiveness is still a factor with my love, but I'd rather have a stronger emotional relationship than a stronger sexual relationship xD '

Shining Raichu

Years
Hey there SchwarzRozen, welcome! We don't have a whole lot of pansexuals here so it's cool to fill out the quota XD.

U_Flame said:
*cough cough* Will and Grace *cough cough*

YES. WILL & GRACE. Will & Grace was the show that made me like gay people before I even knew I was gay. You have Will & Grace to thank for me being the magical specimen you see before you today! :P

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
Years
Well, not a lot of people seem to know the term ^.^''

I've met a lot of people who say "I'm just bisexual", and there seems to be a debate between the two. I always like to laugh at it and say I really don't care which way I am. I like what I like, and thats really all there is too it. Bisexual, Pansexual, hell you could call it Hitlersexual and I would still have the same definition xD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah I was always under the impression Karen loved Stan and was straight...

Years
You could be talking about fanfiction. In that world there is not a single straight character in any show that's ever existed.

NP

Help, I'm alive
Years
ANOTHER COMIC POST.

So, this is a follow-up for the Batman is gay post.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...ocId=4c157e1b7a914a25a5c732922ea17273&index=0
It is...
Spoiler:

....So...yes. Okay you really did it. Congrats DC.

Spoiler:

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
Years
May I join? I'm a supporter of this LGBT thing, and I hope for the best of persons of any sexuality. Hopefully school won't get in the way of being active...
WELCOME WELCOME! :D Here is your lovely beautiful obligatory crown:
BurgerKingCrown.jpg

So... I was talking with friends yesterday and the topic of gay actors came up. My best friend who is gay (and is not a "gay best friend") said he'd be willing to watch some show he didn't want to watch once he heard that the lead actor was gay. (Sorry, I can't remember the show's name.)

I thought this was kind of weird. To me, an actor being gay or not would have no effect on whether I'd watch a show, or a movie, or listen to an album, or anything like that, but maybe I'm the weird one. How do y'all feel about this? Would you give something a chance if you found out a person was gay, or whatever would appeal to you most?
Not gonna lie, I really like thinking of gay characters and actors and it probably would affect my viewing/enjoyment of a show. I know that's a bit homo-centric of me, but . . . ;-;

Hello there ^.^

Could I be apart of the club?

I'm pan-sexual. I feel that love doesn't need gender, and is based more on emotional feelings. Attractiveness is still a factor with my love, but I'd rather have a stronger emotional relationship than a stronger sexual relationship xD '
WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!!!! :D
I am pansexual as well. ^^ I shake you warmly by the hand.
BurgerKingCrown.jpg

On a more serious topic, I'm really disappointed in the brony community right now. Bronies are supposed to love and tolerate everyone, not just lesbians! http://www.autostraddle.com/my-little-pony-lesbianism-is-magic-138465/
This saddens but does not surprise me. I am however happy to see the results of the first set of graphs (81% "support marriage equality"). ^^

Years
We sorely need it judging by how that article was written. Boys Don't Cry didn't have her in a lesbian relationship since Brandon was a guy. A trans guy, yes, but still a guy.

Also, nobody cares about Green Lantern. That's a cop out. We should have had a gay Batman.

Shining Raichu

Years
One thing that is clear though, is that Ryan Reynolds has a lot of decidedly homosexual Tumblr drawings and gifs coming his way.

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
Years
Also, I have some transgender news for you guys! Isn't it exciting?

Hello, America, I'm Chloe Sevigny. And it has recently come to my attention that I am a transgender assassin.

What do you think about the trans people finally getting some more mainstream coverage?
I support this fully. I'm all too glad that trans people are finally getting some stake in the media. ^^ I knew this kind of thing was coming soon, what with the sudden perceived flare-up of homosexual exposure in the media, but I'm still happy. :3
And since you mentioned it, I'll post a link of my own. Hey, guys, now I get to bring some news into the club for once! Aren't we all excited?! :DDD
http://genderkid.wordpress.com/2012/05/18/argentinas-gender-identity-law/
Reaction:

One thing that is clear though, is that Ryan Reynolds has a lot of decidedly homosexual Tumblr drawings and gifs coming his way.
And now I'm laughing because I get to imagine him starring in a second Green Lantern movie that feature graphic man-on-man action. xDDD

Last edited:
Years
And since you mentioned it, I'll post a link of my own. Hey, guys, now I get to bring some news into the club for once! Aren't we all excited?! :DDD
http://genderkid.wordpress.com/2012/05/18/argentinas-gender-identity-law/
Go, Argentina! I'm amazed they voted overwhelmingly for this. Even places that are somewhat okay with trans people almost always insist on surgery. It's fantastic that a real country in the real world could be so on top of thing and not 50 or 100 years behind. (Why is it so hard to keep up with the times?) They allow same-sex marriage and adoption there, too!

Back