• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen I swear Cynthia has tough pokemon!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 5, 2018
Yeah Cynthia has pretty hard hitting bulky pokemon in the early to late 70s

Have you defeated Elite 4 rematch for BW or black tower/white treehollow for BW2. I find that to be pretty good measuring benchmarks to weather your pokemon are high enough level to beat Cynthia.

There is also a level ~70ish volcarona that you can teach toxic, quiver dance, bug buzz, flamethrower with insect plate setting up at 4~6 quiver dances depending on how much will o' wisp hits and sweep. Toxic is only there there to laugh at spritomb double team. You can use areal ace as a alternative to toxic if thats your thing. Just be warned that each time you use a attacking move there is the potential to get sucker punched(also volcarona doesn't have really good physical attack/def)

Last edited:

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
Years
Yeah, right. Defeating Cynthia was quite difficult but my team of a lvl. 75 samurott , a lvl. 71 reshiram and a simisear of level 57 were able to take over her after battling the elite 4 twice or thrice. Despite the powerful team i had, this lady caused me much trouble and i was able to defeat her in the 3rd try.

Years
I never battled Cynthia yet, but I can agree with the other comments. She has a team that's strong and bulky in the low-to-mid 70's. However, if you can beat the Elite Four rematches and other strong trainers, you should hopefully get strong enough to beat her later.

Years
The battle with Cynthia is one of the many reasons I love BW so much! She's my favorite champion and I loved her character in Gen 4. But yeah, she's definitely tough in gen 5!

Back