• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Team Rocket Takeover

Years
How cool would it be if there was a game where you got to play as Team Rocket?

It would be so cool to be on the 'dark' side for a change :D

Bobith

Tossin' balls since '99
Years
There is, it's a pokemon Red romhack. There's a thread around here somewhere for it, you may wanna run a search for "Pokemon Team Rocket Edition."

Years
There is, it's a pokemon Red romhack. There's a thread around here somewhere for it, you may wanna run a search for "Pokemon Team Rocket Edition."

I meant like a proper official game but cheers for replying lol

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Yeah, that'd be a nice change. It would even make more sense if they made the two versions completely different from each other (although Black and White already has such feature).

tbqh, I thought GameFreak would've already done something like this right after I've played Gen II. I'm speaking about rivals. I mean, even if it was just on the Rival's side, it would've been so interesting to have 2 stories to follow in a single game. Aside from being just a boy-girl selection, you also get to know their sides of the story. Their adventure. The reason why they keep stalking you and such.

I'm glad Gen V made the change because things were just getting old.

Years
It would be cool. You could start as a Grunt and then move up the ranks until you're the leader. It would be a darker twist too, because Team Rocket killed Pokemon in the past as well.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
Well lets see if in future we are able to play as team rocket but i hope we don't have to kill any pokemon.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
Yeah, that'd be a nice change. It would even make more sense if they made the two versions completely different from each other (although Black and White already has such feature).

tbqh, I thought GameFreak would've already done something like this right after I've played Gen II. I'm speaking about rivals. I mean, even if it was just on the Rival's side, it would've been so interesting to have 2 stories to follow in a single game. Aside from being just a boy-girl selection, you also get to know their sides of the story. Their adventure. The reason why they keep stalking you and such.

I'm glad Gen V made the change because things were just getting old.

Umm sorry for being completely derpy here, but where in Black and White does it allow for a good/evil team? Or is that what you mean? I'm not entirely sure.

Adding my own opinion: I've always wanted to be able to make my own choices on whether I become a good or bad player, somewhat like the Shadow the Hedgehog games. It adds a very interesting perspective on it. Playing as Team Rocket in the Red Hack was fun, but a more up to date one needs to be made IMHO.

Years
I can't see a game like that having a proper ending since it'd be strange if it ended with Team Rocket/another villain group being caught and arrested ahah. At the same time it wouldn't make much sense to have TR triumph in the end as Pokemon is all about the good guys coming out on top. ;o; But either way, I'd love to see something like this in the future! :)

Years
While I'm sure many fan-made conversions/games have this already, Game Freak is probably not going to market a "dark side" Pokemon game. At least in the main series. They might spawn a game or two out of nowhere which is a side game that focuses on an alternate story/timeline, but other than that I don't see it happening. It would be really cool, though, to see what they could come up with if they decided to go through with this!

Back