• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alcohol

Years
Been getting into Captain Morgan and Sailor Jerry recently.
I never liked rum but now I like how it makes me half pirate.

I used to be big on girly drinks because I could get up in the morning with a very minor hangover, then I kind of missed the pounding headache and the sick to my stomach kind of feel so I started drinking apple cider.

It's whatever I can afford that isn't wine usually.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I've hated most everything I've tried except for screwdrivers and...something with coconut rum in it, but idr the name. Just something my step dad made for us. I've got just a little over a month till I'm 21 though and then I can get more into figuring out what I like, but for now I'll just say screwdrivers. Which is odd really considering I hate orange juice, but hey, it's nice to have something I like.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Alcohol isn't my thing. Simply not a fan.

Me either, it's just not for me. I've always tried not to have it because you know, not old enough to (not that age really means anything as regards alcohol in Ireland), and now it's got to the point where even when I can legally drink, I just don't want to. There are plenty of drinks I like the taste of already and what's the only other thing alcohol has got going for it, being a bit more "loose"? I don't see the need for it, but perhaps I'm just not one for letting my hair down.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I can't do hard liquor or anything that even has it in it, usually. So shots and mixed drinks are way out. I don't actually like the taste of alcohol at all, so if I'm drinking an alcoholic beverage it's for the other tastes. I don't like being even tipsy (nevermind any state past that), so I don't drink often and when I do, I try to keep it to one drink for the night. Boring, but inebriation makes me really uncomfortable.

The only things I drink on an even remotely regular basis are flavoured vodka coolers (raspberry <3) and beers (always lagers). Since my dad's worked at a brewery since I was old enough to drink, pretty much all the beers I've learnt to like are hipster craft beers. :P My favourite is the organic beer they do along with their fruit beers.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
Straight up alcohol? I don't touch that stuff unless I want to put myself out of my misery, literally.

But alcoholic cocktails? If it's a good one & I had a rough day, that'll be something that I might consider...

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
Southern Comfort Whiskey, but I'll settle for a Bud Light. Ain't really into all that flavored crap.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Over here there's a huge culture of underage drinking, a decent portion of young people from ages 13-25 being absolutely wasted once a week. Getting up to naughty stuff at parties, beating each others heads in and passing out in some strangers house. This is not everyone but it happens widely and gives us a bad reputation. If you're 18+ fine but I've got nothing but disdain for kids I know that drink irresponsibly.

So I think I'll just stick to water, orange juice and the occasional glass of milk :P

From 13 years old? o.O' ... Never knew it's such a big thing here in Sydney... tsk tsk tsk.

I myself don't drink for health and religious reasons, however nearly all my family and relatives drink. My brothers are especially fond of their 'Johnny Walker labels' I always see a lot of unopened bottles in their room.

Years
For me, I don't like beer. At all, it tastes bad, and makes me feel nauseated with a full stomach!

I am more of a hard liquor (whiskey, scott, vodka, jagger, rum) or even wine kind of guy, and I only drink to get drunk, rather than a buzz. With that said, I have responsibilities, so I am not a frequent drinker, it's just when I do, I really mean it!

I probably let loose about once or twice a month. So, fairly infrequent in comparison to most. Also, it is very expensive, and I am EXTREMELY frugal.

My poison of choice would be :

images

Tastes like heaven.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I dislike alcohol but I still want to try some mead whenever I find any.
Astounding that humanity's oldest fermented drink should be so unpopular.

An Irishman that doesn't drink, am I imagining this? Did someone spike my drink or something? :P
"Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you fight with your neighbour. It makes you shoot at your landlord — and it makes you miss him."
This is an Irish proverb, interestingly enough.

Last edited:
Years
I just googled mead, never really heard of it, and the liquids look so...murky and yeasty. I don't know if I could do it! haha

Good luck on trying it out though. Be brave :p

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I'm not the type to drink but if do, I prefer mixing up different drinks to make good stuffs. Since I RARELY drink, just make some of the good stuffs for the rare occasions, right?
And I rarely drink as in, last time I drank was during New Year's, lmao.

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Since I'm legal to drink in Canada and that's a short drive away, am I allowed to respond? :p

I loveeee Absolut. Especially the blueberry flavor mixed with lemonade. The vanilla one is pretty good too.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I don't drink a lot, but I don't really like the taste of beer, like Miller Lite and all that boring stuff. I like a brand called Mike's Hard Lemonade though, which is just alcohol and various options of flavored lemonade. I don't like hard liquor either, so I pretty much just stick to Mike's Hard Lemonade. Oh, I like wine too though, any kind really.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
Malibu coconut rum + Pepsi is my go-to drink. I like most kinds of rum, actually, except Bacardi. Bacardi is just... terrible. Apart from rum & cokes, I really, really, really love tequila (my best nights are nights when I've had a couple shots of tequila) and vodka (when mixed in a drink). Also, I love beer. And red wine. Love me some red wine.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I'm legal somewhere in the world and I like to drink, so here goes.

99 Bananas. It's very strong banana schnapps and it's really, really good. If you drink it straight then it tastes like banana-flavored Laffy Taffy. My friend has a bottle of 99 Apples in his freezer, but I've never tried it. Sometimes my girlfriend will bring me a bottle of Hennessy if I promise to drink and play games while we're on Skype and it's alright, but I'm all about that 99 Bananas.

Back