• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Ruby Challenge (Name may change later)

ShadowBlast12345

Shadow Blasting since '05
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
Pokemon Insane Ruby (Alpha 1 Available!)

First of all, this is my first hack (that I am determined to finish), so if there are problems, please don't kill me.

Second of all, criticism is accepted (too easy, too hard, isn't too good, etc.) as long as it doesn't cross the border into trolling or flaming.

Now without further ado, I present to you my hack, Pokemon Insane Ruby!

Introduction:
I have started making this hack because I played a lot of 386 hacks and challenging version hacks, but the 386 hacks didn't always have all 386, and not all of the challenges were challenging enough. Therefore, I am making a hack of Ruby where the levels of both wild and trained Pokemon have been practically doubled throughout the game (the Elite Four all have 6 Pokemon at Lv.100). All gym leaders have 6 Pokemon as well, and I have edited many of the wild Pokemon to include all 386 by the time this hack is finished. Also, this isn't my top priority, as I am in school, and that takes up half my day. I also have to spend half of my free time doing homework, so I won't get a lot of time to spend on the hack, so I might not release the alphas/betas as often as planned.

Story:
You are a boy/girl who just moved to the Hoenn Region from Johto. It is finally time for you to start a new journey with many new Pokemon. Upon moving, your mother suggests going over to the Professor Birch's house. He is not there, but his wife and son/daughter is there. After attempting to leave Littleroot Town, a boy says that he heard a Pokemon's cries. You rush over to Route 101 to find that Professor Birch is being attacked by a wild Poochyena. He tells you to choose a Pokemon from his bag. After defeating the Pokemon and saving the professor, he decides to give you the Pokemon as a gift. Now is when your journey truly starts...

Features:
All 386 Pokemon will be catchable (eventually)
All gym leaders and elite four will have a full team of 6 Pokemon
Some gym leaders and elite four members will also have legendary Pokemon after the 5th gym
All trainers will get a significant level boost (including gym leaders and elite four)
Starters will be obtained in 3rd evolution holding a Master Ball (it can be useful)
Rival's starter will start at level 10 in 3rd evolution
Possibly some new areas
Legendary Pokemon can be found in most areas with a 1-2% chance (you'll have to find out yourself)
Starters can be found in some routes with somewhat rare appearances (you'll have to find out yourself)

Team:
Editing maps and Pokemon - Me
Beta Tester - Not on PC right now...

Screenshots:
Attached to post
Don't kill me because they're screenshots off of VBA; it's the easiest way (that I know) to get pictures of gameplay on a Mac.

Progress:
Wild Pokemon - 40%
Trainer Pokemon - 15%

To do:
Finish adding the rest of the Pokemon
Finish editing trainer teams

Please do not ask for alpha/beta/etc.
I will release the next update after it has been tested and I feel that it is ready

Current version:
Alpha 1 - Up to first gym, being beta tested
Release date - Available - View attachment 63496

Next update:
Alpha 2 - Up to second gym, all starters will be available in the wild by then
Release date - February 2012 (hopefully)

Planned updates:
Alpha 1 - See above
Alpha 2 - See above
Beta 1 - Up to 4th gym, about half of legendaries in wild
Beta 1.1, 1.2, etc. - Bug fixes
Beta 2 - Up to 6th gym, most legendaries have been implemented
Beta 2.1, 2.2, etc. - Bug fixes
Beta 3 - Up to 8th gym, 1-3 legendaries missing
Beta 4 - Up to becoming the champion, all Pokemon available
Any betas after that (assuming mostly everything goes as planned) would mostly be bug fixes and possibly adding new features

Bugs:
Spoiler:

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy my hack!

Last edited:

ShadowBlast12345

Shadow Blasting since '05
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
I will no longer be working on this project due to many problems with it, such as the patch not working. I may work on another hack, but this one is cancelled.

Back